Results of the latest PGS Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Goodsol Forum » General Discussion » Results of the latest PGS « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Audrey G Schnell (Paxinc)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Paxinc

Post Number: 125
Posted on Saturday, September 09, 2006 - 6:39 pm:   

After installing our latest PGS, I find thay my wins went from 549 to 521. What did I do wrong? 20 new games is a lot to me without losing some that I had already wom. I guess there's no way to retrieve the situation. Audrey
Rachel Cohen (Rachel)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Rachel

Post Number: 481
Posted on Sunday, September 10, 2006 - 3:26 am:   

Maybe this is the same problem. In the Not Played list there are games which I played lots of times. The stats on the main screen show Zero, which is obvious for Not Played. When I enter the game, and before playing I enter the stats from the game screen, there's a long list of wins. I checked only one game now; I noticed in the earlier PGS version that the Not Played list was too long, and it was full of games that I had played before. I reported this error, but I see it's not fixed yet.
The last time I played the game I checked now was Janury 2006.
Maybe some of Paxinc's wins got into this "Not Played" list. It's quite a nuisance to enter each game from about three screens I have at the moment to check. I'm again sure this list is longer than it was in the past.
Rachel Cohen (Rachel)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 482
Posted on Sunday, September 10, 2006 - 3:38 am:   

I see that when I press on the stats in the main games screen, and then on the game name again, the score is corrected. Of course when I exit the Not Played screen and then re-enter it, these games aren't there any more.
Ken Blackwell (Blackie9)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Blackie9

Post Number: 117
Posted on Sunday, September 10, 2006 - 10:19 am:   

Yes, I just went thru all my not won games and opened the stat page. If I had a win it would correct the problem. You do have to switch to another group..likt not played and back to get it to register.
Rachel Cohen (Rachel)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 483
Posted on Sunday, September 10, 2006 - 12:31 pm:   

Also again: Wins not highlighted from the main screen statistics, I think that until the game is played once in this new version.

My Not Played page is about three screens long, of course I'm not going to enter each game to see if it's really never been played. Sometimes I had cleared the stats when I had improved my playing, not to see the bad first scores. Of course my Not Won page is even longer.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 126
Posted on Sunday, September 10, 2006 - 5:00 pm:   

Well, guys, it seems that we have the same problem. Maybe I'll start working from the all game screen, although the other one is neater. I tried some of the new games with no success even lost a couple of old ones, messing about and my aim being one win per game. the score gets worse. I had a CVA and that's not helping
Rachel Cohen (Rachel)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 484
Posted on Monday, September 11, 2006 - 3:13 am:   

Paxinc - I wonder what that name means,Audrey. I would never make the effort to win every game. Some don't interest me (mostly luck games) and some are so hard that it's more effort than I want to invest.
Do you have PGMJ ? The Pelmanism games are great for "After CVA". When these games were started I looked up the meaning of the name, because I knew these before as Memory Games, most interesting.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 127
Posted on Monday, September 11, 2006 - 8:57 am:   

Rachel; I breed Boxer dogs and PAX, Inc. was the name of my company, pax being Latin for peace. I am a bit compulsive and, even with Paul's help was far from winning each game and now, with this one step forward and two steps back, it isn't in the cards!Bye Audrey
Thomas Warfield (Support)
Username: Support

Post Number: 1095
Posted on Monday, September 11, 2006 - 9:16 am:   

I don't know why your statistics would change with the new version, there was no change in the statistics code with this version.

As Rachel discovered, if the game finds a problem with the statistics it will be corrected when it does checks. It does checks when you win a game.

Rachel Cohen (Rachel)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 485
Posted on Monday, September 11, 2006 - 1:18 pm:   

The statistics, including winning scores are corrected when the game is entered. This includes games that have been won and now got into this "not played" mode. As I can't enable the whole list at once, I would have to enter each one separately. There are games that I forgot that I ever played, some too simple to be of interest, and they have one win. So this could add up to Audrey's 28 missing wins.
Rachel Cohen (Rachel)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 486
Posted on Monday, September 11, 2006 - 1:27 pm:   

That's it exactly. I checked the number of wins and losses in the main statistics. I found one more game in the "not played" list, which had three wins and two losses. After I fixed this score, I checked the main statistic again, and the wins and losses were added.
All these games I hardly remember, they're not on my favorite list at the moment, but this may be by chance. Because in the earlier PGS version when I checked this, I found Souter in the Not Played, which is one of my first class favorites with about 200 games.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 128
Posted on Monday, September 11, 2006 - 2:58 pm:   

Thanks for the observation, Thomas, but, if you don't know, who will? On checking games under "not played",I've found that some had wins recorded. At least this saved me from adding losses and corrupting the scores (I've lost about three more games this way and haven't even added one), This new edition has been a disaster for me.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 130
Posted on Monday, September 11, 2006 - 4:44 pm:   

Since I've fooled around with the different pages/groups of games today, my latest game score reads 534; at least I've got some of them back. It may be that I'll have to settle for that! Bye Audrey
Ken Blackwell (Blackie9)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Blackie9

Post Number: 118
Posted on Tuesday, September 12, 2006 - 10:01 am:   

This happened in the last version as well as this one. It is an easy fix tho. As mentioned, all you have to do is open the stats on the game you have won before and then close it. When you switch to another list...such as games not played and back. It will register it as won.
Rachel Cohen (Rachel)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 487
Posted on Tuesday, September 12, 2006 - 1:03 pm:   

To make things simpler for Audrey: Go to the Not Played group, this should be smaller than the Not Won.

1. Highlight the first game (don't click). You want to stay in that screen, not enter the game.

2. Click the Statistics on the top right. If there is a score (with or without wins) click OK.

3. Now click that same game again in the list, the Wins/Losses in the top middle will get fixed.

4. Go through the whole group in an orderly way, including all the pages of the group, also into games that you don't remember that you ever played.

I'm not going to do this myself, I want to leave some games unfixed so I can check if there's any new tip. I also don't know how many wins I had before.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 131
Posted on Tuesday, September 12, 2006 - 1:39 pm:   

Thanks, Rachel: Thomas led me to a cure of going to to options , on the main page, clicking on the coloured window in that screen, whereupon a new button, marked, 'check with history' pops up and its use corrected my score. I actually won a new game, too. Neptune. Bye Audrey
Rachel Cohen (Rachel)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 488
Posted on Tuesday, September 12, 2006 - 3:03 pm:   

Thanks Audrey, that was a good tip, it added about 200 games to my stats, 100 wins and 100 losses.
Thomas - I think that at least the forum users should get that tip - in the Announcements, stating also that its in the game toolbar, options, statistics.
Rachel Cohen (Rachel)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 489
Posted on Tuesday, September 12, 2006 - 3:07 pm:   

It also fixed the score win highlight of games played only in an older version.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration