Goodsol Forum » General Discussion » Senior Wrangler « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Audrey G Schnell (Paxinc)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Paxinc

Post Number: 150
Posted on Wednesday, November 22, 2006 - 9:22 am:   

Please, does anybody have a winning number fort Senior Wrangler? I don't understand it well and am getting nowhere. It might improve my luck. Thanks, Audrey
Richard Mechen (Richardscotland)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Richardscotland

Post Number: 131
Posted on Wednesday, November 22, 2006 - 11:32 am:   

Hi Audrey.
Senior Wrangler - 1553750128 won it for me. I didn't save the game but I'm sure I could re-win it if you can't get it to work out for you.
Richard
Ken Blackwell (Blackie9)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Blackie9

Post Number: 130
Posted on Wednesday, November 22, 2006 - 12:00 pm:   

#473948769 is winnable also.

good luck
Frances Cammisa (Yankeegal)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Yankeegal

Post Number: 142
Posted on Wednesday, November 22, 2006 - 12:33 pm:   

Is "Senior Wrangler" another challenge? I like the challenging games---
Audrey G Schnell (Paxinc)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Paxinc

Post Number: 152
Posted on Wednesday, November 22, 2006 - 2:37 pm:   

Thanks, guys. It's certainly a challenge to me, Frances. I tend to skate along the bottom row when I should be adding totals. Makes it hard to retrace my steps. Oh, well, I'm down to needing 88 wins and thats one of them. Bye Audrey
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 327
Posted on Sunday, January 28, 2007 - 10:59 am:   

Hi Audrey,
If you're still looking for a Senior Wrangler, I've managed to win 485581409 again, and saved it this time.
I'm going to insert a link in the next message beneath this one. Click it, and when it opens, highlight the entire contents of your address bar, then right click and click on copy. If you stay online you should then be able to access it using the route you've done before. Go into Senior Wrangler. Top left, click on Game. Followed by Open Game. Then right click in the empty space next to File Name and click the Paste option.

Did you get my email? I've just had a new modem installed with a built in firewall that I don't understand. Think it's blocking some of my messages from coming in.
Richard.
application/octet-streamGood luck.
Senior Wrangler_1553760128.pgs (4.6 k)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 328
Posted on Sunday, January 28, 2007 - 11:00 am:   

This is your link Audrey.
../19/Senior_Wr angler_1553760128-2820.unk
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 331
Posted on Monday, January 29, 2007 - 5:54 am:   

Hi Audrey,
Thanks for your email, and I trust that you got my reply. However there is definately a gliche in my PC with this particular game number.
It should record as a win, but it doesn't record anything whatsoever. Weird.
I'm hoping that the word GLICHE triggers an alarm in PGS and we get a response from Thomas. Any help from anyone else is also welcome.
I'm attaching a text file to this. It gives a blow by blow account of all the moves required to "win" this game. Have a try and see if it results in a win with your own software.
Richard.
text/plainHelp please.
Senior Wrangler Gliche.txt (2.5 k)
Ken Millar (Tpa_ken)
Advanced Solitaire Player
Username: Tpa_ken

Post Number: 78
Posted on Monday, January 29, 2007 - 8:35 am:   

There is a definite glitch. The score with the Ace of hearts left to play is 111. How is that possible in a 2-deck game?
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 334
Posted on Monday, January 29, 2007 - 11:46 am:   

Hi Ken,
It is possible because there are 8 piles each holding 13 cards, but the 8 other cards which are dealt initially are then added, making 8 piles of 14 equals 112. Did you play the final card to see if it recorded a score?
Richard.
Thomas Warfield (Support)
Username: Support

Post Number: 1118
Posted on Monday, January 29, 2007 - 12:38 pm:   

Hi Richard,
Yes, there's clearly a bug going on there. I think I've found it and fixed it for the next version.

I'm not sure how you were seeing a score of 111 in that game, Ken. My score was correct, it was 104 at the end of the game.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 336
Posted on Monday, January 29, 2007 - 2:24 pm:   

Hi Thomas,
Thanks. I got a score of 104 too, Suspect Ken was on the beers again! Incidentally I did win the same game previously in 2005 and it behaved perfectly. I also won it a couple of days ago but it took me by surprise and recorded a win at 96. Too quick for me to save it.
I was amused when I typed in the singular word for beers and found that the word is prohibited in the forum. Beers is OK, so the message is simple: don't just have the one!
Richard.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration