What criteria are used to determine s... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Goodsol Forum » General Discussion » What criteria are used to determine status? « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Richard Mechen (Richardscotland)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Richardscotland

Post Number: 132
Posted on Thursday, November 23, 2006 - 5:51 am:   

I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd like to know how a player's PGS status is determined. How is it possible to be a Master Solitaire Player if you have not won the vast majority of the games? No axe to grind, just curious. Any plans for a Grand Master?
Richard.
Jeralyn Taylor (Annika)
Advanced Solitaire Player
Username: Annika

Post Number: 88
Posted on Thursday, November 23, 2006 - 6:09 am:   

It appears to me that the status is determined by the number of posts to the Forum one has made.

I wondered the same thing when I held top scores in a couple of games, and was called a Junior. I am never going to win every one of the games, because I don't play games I don't like. I do, however, play a game I like frequently; and try to get top scores in games in which I believe I can excel. I think either goal (or any other)is fine.
Mike Bailin (Mikeb)
Advanced Solitaire Player
Username: Mikeb

Post Number: 98
Posted on Thursday, November 23, 2006 - 10:17 am:   

Just about every forum around uses software with a default list of "ratings" based on nothing more than number of postings, as Annika correctly pointed out. And the vast majority permit the list-operator to assign his/her own choices of names to those "ratings".

I'm active a couple of places where the highest non-admin "ratings" are called Massive Poster and Incredibly Massive Poster. We've poked fun at those because they conjure up unintended images of extremely obese members. lol
Thomas Warfield (Support)
Username: Support

Post Number: 1111
Posted on Friday, November 24, 2006 - 9:26 am:   

Yes, this is just a forum software thing. It has nothing to do with the game itself. There's no connection between the forum software and the game, your statistics have no bearing on it. The forum software is merely counting the number of your posts.
Richard Mechen (Richardscotland)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Richardscotland

Post Number: 133
Posted on Friday, November 24, 2006 - 11:58 am:   

Thanks to Mike in particular for a chuckle or two.
Other suggested names could be "Morbidly Obese","Super Flatulent","Circumferentially Challenged","Danger To Shipping","Wide Load" etc.
I'm no longer sure I'm flattered to be a Master Solitaire Player if all it equates to is variety of verbal diarrhoea.
Richard, (the long winded one).

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration