Stalactities Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Goodsol Forum » General Discussion » Stalactities « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Rick Joslin
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, March 04, 2003 - 5:04 pm:   

In Stalactites, the instructions say tableau "top" cards are available for play to "reserve cells, foundations, or ANOTHER TABLEAU PILE". I can't seem to move cards from one tableau pile to another. Am I supposed to be able to do this? Are the instructions wrong? or must misleading? or am I having a senior moment?
Frank D'Urso (Frank_durso)
New Solitaire Player
Username: Frank_durso

Post Number: 18
Posted on Wednesday, March 05, 2003 - 12:45 pm:   

well, I played it again, it's been over a year...I've won it before...but lowered my percentage to 12.4%...

There is no moving the cards between tableaus...I think the game is harder than teh 35% that it lists...
Richard G Joslin (Rjoslin)
New Solitaire Player
Username: Rjoslin

Post Number: 1
Posted on Friday, March 07, 2003 - 2:50 pm:   

Not to belabor the point, but the instructions ARE INCORRECT, then?
Thomas Warfield (Support)
Username: Support

Post Number: 212
Posted on Friday, March 07, 2003 - 3:52 pm:   

I don't know what version you have, but in the latest version 9.0.0 [dated today :-)] of Pretty Good Solitaire, the help for Stalactites says for the tableau "No building is allowed. The top card is available for play on the foundations or cells."
Richard G Joslin (Rjoslin)
New Solitaire Player
Username: Rjoslin

Post Number: 2
Posted on Saturday, March 08, 2003 - 9:14 am:   

No problem. My version is 2.0.1 of Free Cell Wizard, but apparently the instructions have been modified (my version clearly says "foundations, cells, or another tableau pile"). My point in belaboring this is not to carp about the instructions as much as to wonder, in the instructions, where it says this game is "EASY, most games are won most of the time." I consider myself a good player on most of the other games, but have NEVER won this game. That's why I thought I must be missing something and went back to read the instructions so carefully in the first place. Is this game really "Easy, most games can be won all the time?"

Thanks for the prompt replies.
Thomas Warfield (Support)
Username: Support

Post Number: 213
Posted on Sunday, March 09, 2003 - 4:39 pm:   

In Pretty Good Solitaire, Stalactites is rated "Medium", 35%, which is based on user statistics at <http://www.goodsol.com/stats/games/stalactites.htm l>. The average is now 45%, so that could be increased, but it still rates medium.

Like most FreeCell type games, you can really improve the winning percentage by the use of skill (high skill games tend to have a wide range of scores in the list). While apparently it cannot be won every time like some other FreeCell type games, it can clearly be won more than 80% of the time with skill.
jasonc65
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, March 27, 2004 - 5:31 am:   

What Richard may be missing is that you build up on the foundations regardless of suit.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration