Goodsol Forum » General Discussion » Changing email address « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Jeff Kogler (Jeffk)
New Solitaire Player
Username: Jeffk

Post Number: 4
Posted on Sunday, April 27, 2003 - 8:53 pm:   

I want to change the address to which my discussion forum and Goodsol news comes and can't seem to find where to do it. Can anyone shine any light on this please?

Thanks, Jeff Kogler
Thomas Warfield (Support)
Username: Support

Post Number: 272
Posted on Monday, April 28, 2003 - 11:31 am:   

For this discussion forum, you can change your address by editing your profile. Just click on "Edit Profile" in the upper right corner of this page.

For the newsletter mailing list, just unsubscribe your old address and subscribe your new address. You can do this at <http://www.goodsol.com/newsletter.html>.

Jeff Kogler (Jeffk)
New Solitaire Player

Post Number: 5
Posted on Monday, April 28, 2003 - 7:50 pm:   

I must be missing something. If I click on edit profile I am taken to a page where I am required to enter my forum username and password. Having done so I can see my email address but it is fixed ie not in an editable field. Am I looking in the right place?

Thanks for your help,

Jeff
Jeff Kogler (Jeffk)
New Solitaire Player

Post Number: 6
Posted on Friday, May 02, 2003 - 5:50 pm:   

This support request appears to have been missed. Does anyone know what might be going wrong here. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards, Jeff
Mike Bailin (Mikeb)
New Solitaire Player
Username: Mikeb

Post Number: 11
Posted on Friday, May 02, 2003 - 10:42 pm:   

I get the same as Jeff -- "real name" can be edited, but the user-name (which makes sense) and email address are fixed.

Being "stuck" with the user-name you originally picked shouldn't be a problem -- I personally detest using multiple ID's. But what happens if, say, you change servers and therefore get a new address?
Thomas Warfield (Support)
Username: Support

Post Number: 294
Posted on Saturday, May 03, 2003 - 3:09 pm:   

>I get the same as Jeff -- "real name" can be edited, but the user-name (which makes sense) and email address are fixed.

Ok, I did a little investigating and apparently the ability to change email addresses is turned off by default. I have turned it on, you should now be able to go in and change your address (it apparently does some sort of email verification thing as well).
Jeff Kogler (Jeffk)
New Solitaire Player

Post Number: 7
Posted on Saturday, May 03, 2003 - 4:15 pm:   

Thank you Thomas and Mike. That worked. Now I have the email notification address I want.

Regards, Jeff
Mike Bailin (Mikeb)
New Solitaire Player
Username: Mikeb

Post Number: 13
Posted on Saturday, May 03, 2003 - 9:49 pm:   

Thanks, Thomas -- I guess there'll be all kinds of things like this to turn up and hopefully get "fixed", as we gain experience with this operation

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration