Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Mike Bailin (Mikeb)
New Solitaire Player
Username: Mikeb

Post Number: 12
Posted on Friday, May 02, 2003 - 10:56 pm:   

Hi,

Even Thomas might not know this one, since the forums (fora?) here are relatively new.

Out of curiosity, after how many postings -- or what length of time -- are members no longer shown as "new"? I couldn't find this mentioned anywhere in the help/instructions pages. That doesn't, of course, mean it isn't there and I just missed it.

I'm a brain injury survivor, so might well be the only one in the world to think of this question. :D
Thomas Warfield (Support)
Username: Support

Post Number: 295
Posted on Saturday, May 03, 2003 - 3:11 pm:   

After looking around, apparently you stay new forever, the way it was set up.

I've changed the setup so that after you post a few times your new member status will change to a higher status. Apparently it doesn't go back to old posts and change them, but from now on it should start changing people over to higher level members when they post.
rachel cohen (Rachel)
Junior Solitaire Player
Username: Rachel

Post Number: 70
Posted on Sunday, May 04, 2003 - 3:29 pm:   

In Hebrew that's nicer: "member" and "friend" are the same word. So in the hebrew forum I use, I started as a "New Member", and the next stage was "Good Friend".
Melinda
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, May 04, 2003 - 4:05 pm:   

Mike -- I am a brain-injury survivor too! my email address is Jerseyelf@planet-save.com, PLEASE email me so we can have discussions that would bore all these poor uninjured people to death! (in that they would not be based solely on solitaire ...)
do you use a wheelchair, can you use both hands... like my 1st post on here was that virtual solitaire was a great activity for me, since I could do it even though I'm physically disabled,
yadda yadda yadda... I want to email you! write me!

Melinda
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, May 04, 2003 - 4:15 pm:   

and Thomas, why would it alter the posts you made while you WERE new? get real.. :D

and would you PRETTY PLEASE review for me or tell me where to look for the steps on changing your e-mail address again?

Post Number: 296
Posted on Tuesday, May 06, 2003 - 12:38 pm:   

>and would you PRETTY PLEASE review for me or tell me where to look for the steps on changing your e-mail address again?

In the upper right corner of this page, click on Edit Profile, and you can change your email address.
rachel cohen (Rachel)
Advanced Solitaire Player

Post Number: 73
Posted on Thursday, May 08, 2003 - 3:03 pm:   

I've changed the setup so that after you post a few times your new member status will change to a higher status.

I never paid attention to the status before it was mentioned here, but now I notice that with every message this evening I get a different status.

Post Number: 304
Posted on Friday, May 09, 2003 - 1:22 pm:   

Yes, the status will change as you make more posts.
rachel cohen (Rachel)
Advanced Solitaire Player

Post Number: 74
Posted on Friday, May 09, 2003 - 1:38 pm:   

In message 70 I was Junior
In message 71 Solitaire
In message 72 Intermediate solitaire
In message 73 Advanced solitaire.

In 2-3 days, that's quite a fast promotion.
Charles Thurman (Chas)
New Solitaire Player
Username: Chas

Post Number: 1
Posted on Thursday, September 18, 2003 - 4:36 am:   

I'm a brand new member now, according to my welcome email (not sure which 'brand') so I'll count my promotions.! I bought PGS last Sept., the day I bought my laptop. Hooked on Bakers Game.
Just found this forum and am intrigued with the number of members. Thought I was the only free cell addict.!!
I read a 'win probability' list somewhere that said Bakers was a 1 in 10 win or some such. Not true. playing randomly or in sequence the game should be won about 25% of the time. I'm into about 3000 or so games and the % holds pretty consistently.

Is there a forum just for Bakers? Also, I've never done an upgrade or download or whatever. Do they cost extra or what???

Chas

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration