Is your newsletter SPAM? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Goodsol Forum » General Discussion » Is your newsletter SPAM? « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Anonymous
Posted on Friday, May 09, 2003 - 3:19 am:   

My wife uses Pretty Good Solitaire every day and she is also subscribing to your newsletter. To my amazement I discovered that my SPAM-detector (Mailwasher) is marking it as SPAM! "Origin blacklisted from SpamCop" is the message.

Your newsletter seems to be considered as SPAM. Why?

Mike Bailin (Mikeb)
Solitaire Player
Username: Mikeb

Post Number: 16
Posted on Friday, May 09, 2003 - 11:52 am:   

Hi,

My ISP uses a nifty version of SpamGuard, and I found I was having the same problem with subscriptions and mailing-list groups at first. Apparently anything that's in what looks like mass-mailing format is automatically considered spam.

If you haven't already discovered for yourself, simply add the "From" address (or maybe the "To", depending on how it's addressed) to the approved-address list that almost any filtering system allows you.

Best,
Mike
Thomas Warfield (Support)
Username: Support

Post Number: 305
Posted on Friday, May 09, 2003 - 1:29 pm:   

>Your newsletter seems to be considered as SPAM. Why?

Apparently the server that my mailing list company uses to send email was briefly listed on Spamcop's blacklist last night, right at the time I started sending out the newsletter. It was unblacklisted early this morning before I even knew about it, so they must have done something about it.

Only about a third of the list went out last night, so it only affected some addresses and only those people who use Spamcop. The rest of the list is going out today as I write this and it shouldn't affect them.

Various spam filters will sometimes consider the newsletter spam, especially if I happen to use some word that triggers the filters, as has happened in the past. Just including the words "free trial" can get it filtered sometimes.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration