Announcement board / shareware awards Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Goodsol Forum » General Discussion » Announcement board / shareware awards « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Mike Bailin (Mikeb)
Solitaire Player
Username: Mikeb

Post Number: 17
Posted on Thursday, May 15, 2003 - 9:50 am:   

Hi,
This would probably be more appropriate as a response to yesterday's Announcement, but I've taken for granted that posting there is restricted to "administrators". Could you please confirm that, or let us know if posting (replies, that is) there is in fact OK? Thanks.

Congrats on the nomination -- I don't think any of us is particularly surprised.

I meant to take a look (and vote) at the Peoples Choice site you linked to, but couldn't get in. IE's telling me "Loading page ...", so obviously it's found the correct address, but there's very little modem activity and eventually it gives up. Is the site probably just overwhelmed with voters? Or, maybe, is it one of the oddball places that's unfriendly to IE, like Microsoft used to be with Netscape?

Thanks and best,
Mike
Brita von Bartenwerffer (Brita)
New Solitaire Player
Username: Brita

Post Number: 21
Posted on Thursday, May 15, 2003 - 10:15 am:   

Mike,

I tried using Netscape but couldn't get anywhere either. Netscape and IE tell me "Server not found", both aren't even trying to load anything.

Seems that the site was overwhelmed with voters...

Brita
Thomas Warfield (Support)
Username: Support

Post Number: 315
Posted on Thursday, May 15, 2003 - 1:37 pm:   

It looks like the SIAF is having server problems, hopefully they will be back up and running soon.

>This would probably be more appropriate as a response to yesterday's Announcement, but I've taken for granted that posting there is restricted to "administrators".

Ideally I'd like for people to be able to reply there but only I could start a new thread, but I don't see how that can be done with this forum software. I don't know if it is because the software can't do it, or if I just haven't figured out how to do it.

Mike Bailin (Mikeb)
Solitaire Player

Post Number: 18
Posted on Thursday, May 15, 2003 - 1:52 pm:   

Totally off-topic, it looks like your forum software is REALLY weird, Thomas (thanks for the info, by the way).

I see from Brita's reply (and thanks to you too, Brita) that she's posted more than I have AND registered before me, and yet she's showing as "new" while I'm not.

Ain't science wonderful??
Mary Tindle (Yoda)
Solitaire Player
Username: Yoda

Post Number: 12
Posted on Friday, May 16, 2003 - 12:51 am:   

The SIAF is up and running, I had trouble on May 15, but today May 16, it is working fine.
Great job Thomas, and I know you will get loads of votes.
Brita von Bartenwerffer (Brita)
Junior Solitaire Player
Username: Brita

Post Number: 22
Posted on Friday, May 16, 2003 - 2:11 am:   

Seems as if SIAF is off again, because I can't still can't reach it :-( Neither using IE nor Netscape.

Btw Mike, at least I went from "New Member" to "New Solitaire Player". Perhaps it's because I didn't post anything since Tom changed the forum software from listing everyone as "New member"?

Brita
Thomas Warfield (Support)
Username: Support

Post Number: 316
Posted on Friday, May 16, 2003 - 10:11 am:   

The text under the name changes based on the number of posts you've made. It appears that it is counting from the time that I set it to start changing the text (sometime about a week or so ago), so it is only counting new posts. The more posts you make now, the more it will change and give you a higher "rank".
Mike Bailin (Mikeb)
Solitaire Player

Post Number: 20
Posted on Friday, May 16, 2003 - 4:59 pm:   

As of a couple of minutes ago I was finally able to get into SIAF (IE5.5), so obviously they've been sweating out getting back up. Hopefully this time they're back to stay.
Mary Tindle (Yoda)
Solitaire Player

Post Number: 14
Posted on Thursday, May 22, 2003 - 8:56 pm:   

Mike and or Brita, did either of you get the
email back from SIAF so that you could vote? Or did you just get to register and not hear anything else? I registered to vote, but did not get the email back to give the link?
Frank D'Urso (Frank_durso)
Advanced Solitaire Player
Username: Frank_durso

Post Number: 64
Posted on Friday, May 23, 2003 - 7:57 am:   

i voted and it said thanks for your vote on the web page....
Mike Bailin (Mikeb)
Solitaire Player

Post Number: 21
Posted on Friday, May 23, 2003 - 12:02 pm:   

Hi Mary,
I'd totally forgotten about this one till I saw your latest post. Now that you mention it, like you I registered (apparently ok) but never did get a subsequent email back from them.
Mike Bailin (Mikeb)
Solitaire Player

Post Number: 22
Posted on Friday, May 23, 2003 - 12:07 pm:   

As a P.S. to my last -- my ISP uses SpamGuard, but I make a point of checking there once or twice a day for anything it's "quarantined". I assume that the sender and/or topic would (hopefully) have been obvious, since I rarely look at the content of anything there.
Mary Tindle (Yoda)
Solitaire Player

Post Number: 15
Posted on Friday, May 23, 2003 - 2:52 pm:   

Hi Mike, I registered under 3 different emails, and never got anything back, I also asked a friend if they could check it out, and they got an error message, it seems that if you register, you cannot register again, even if you do not receive the email!!! Frank got to vote, I wonder if he will send out the link!!!!!
Kjell Petterson (Kjell)
Junior Solitaire Player
Username: Kjell

Post Number: 19
Posted on Friday, May 23, 2003 - 3:43 pm:   

I tried to get to that site several times, but got the 'not available' message.

Finally, yesterday, I got through, registered, but never (so far) got their e-mail

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration