Goodsol Forum » General Discussion » Paid upgrades « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Mike Bailin (Mikeb)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Mikeb

Post Number: 139
Posted on Wednesday, February 25, 2009 - 10:07 am:   

This is specifically in regard to PGS, but I imagine you use more or less the same policy for your other products, which why I posted here rather than in the PGS Questions section.

I've had and enjoyed PGS for many years, through many versions, so have occasionally had to pay the (admittedly quite good) former-user discount to upgrade.

This might be mentioned somewhere in the license, but if so I overlooked it, sorry. When I do pay for an upgrade (i.e., after 3 years), am I correct in my impression that doing so restarts the 3-year period for free updates?
Thomas Warfield (Support)
Username: Support

Post Number: 1266
Posted on Thursday, February 26, 2009 - 9:12 am:   

Yes, when you upgrade it becomes equivalent to as if you had purchased it for the first time at that time, so you'll get free updates for the same period as new users.

Right now, PGS is the only product that we are charging for upgrades for, the others are not intended to have significant upgrades or they are new enough or haven't had major enough updates to merit charging for upgrades yet.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration