Lies,Damned Lies, and Statistics Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Goodsol Forum » General Discussion » Lies,Damned Lies, and Statistics « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Richard Mechen (Richardscotland)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Richardscotland

Post Number: 2826
Posted on Monday, March 30, 2009 - 6:23 am:   

I was looking at the 101 stats today and noticed this little gem.
Gregg posted a time of 11 mins 18.5 seconds to win Game#1 of Freecell (hard). He subsequently posted his stats for Games #1+#2 with an average time of 4 mins 58.7 secs.
It could therefore be argued that he won Game #2 in a time of MINUS 1 min 51.1 sec. Ha!
I know, there must be better ways in which I could amuse myself.....but did it make you smile?
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Butler77

Post Number: 1045
Posted on Monday, March 30, 2009 - 11:38 am:   

The Social Club needs members. Gregg is fast with his fingers. At least that's the rumor.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2827
Posted on Monday, March 30, 2009 - 12:02 pm:   

Speaking of Clubs...........a Scottish golfer has just developed a driver which makes it impossible to slice a ball. No matter which part of the face the ball hits it will always go straight. He is also about to market a revolutionary new putter. There's hope for all you strugglling golfers now. Scotish inventors to the rescue yet again. Yawn.

You'll be glad to know we're off on holiday tomorrow. You'll all get some peace for over a week.
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 1047
Posted on Monday, March 30, 2009 - 12:34 pm:   

Glad you are going. I mean. Glad you are going to be gone for more than just a couple of days. What I mean is. We might miss you.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2828
Posted on Monday, March 30, 2009 - 12:38 pm:   

"might miss"? Not with the new clubs.

I'll drink to that.
Gregg Seelhoff (Seelhoff)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Seelhoff

Post Number: 370
Posted on Monday, March 30, 2009 - 2:47 pm:   

>Gregg posted a time of 11 mins 18.5 seconds to win Game#1 of Freecell (hard). He subsequently posted his stats for Games #1+#2 with an average time of 4 mins 58.7 secs.
It could therefore be argued that he won Game #2 in a time of MINUS 1 min 51.1 sec. Ha!

Just in case anybody cares: :-)

One can look at the 'Products' column (far right) and see that the former was posted from "PGSME 1.53", which is Pretty Good Solitaire Mac Edition (an internal test version), and the latter was posted (earlier) from "GSCI 0.95", which is Goodsol Solitaire 101 (a release candidate version).

In fact, I have played FreeCell [hard] deal #1 (at least) twice, and took much longer the second time. I imagine that I will be playing that deal yet again soon, posting this time from "MPS 1.90" probably...
Gregg Seelhoff (Seelhoff)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Seelhoff

Post Number: 371
Posted on Monday, March 30, 2009 - 2:48 pm:   

>Gregg is fast with his fingers. At least that's the rumor.

My only comment is... "No comment." :-)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2829
Posted on Monday, March 30, 2009 - 3:51 pm:   

Your scores are obviously perfectly legit Gregg. I hope everyone realised that I was just pulling your leg. It fascinates me how much it's possible to distort the truth with statistics. We look forward to you rewinning games 1 and 2 in a far quicker time, and even setting off in pursuit of the table topper, whoever he/she is, (some nutter no doubt).
Are you Eric (Slowhand) Clapton's alter ego?.......
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 1048
Posted on Monday, March 30, 2009 - 4:14 pm:   

Richard. You forgot something in the email.
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 1049
Posted on Monday, March 30, 2009 - 4:31 pm:   

Never mind. I found it.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration