Solitaire Players League Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Goodsol Forum » General Discussion » Solitaire Players League « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Andy Lewicki
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, October 11, 2003 - 11:32 am:   

Hi to everybody ! What do u think about creating a League for our hobby/passion ? I do have some ideas on how to play under this "structure".
Is there anybody interested ?
Regards,
Andy Lewicki.
Gregg Seelhoff (Seelhoff)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Seelhoff

Post Number: 44
Posted on Saturday, October 11, 2003 - 11:39 am:   

>What do u think about creating a League for our hobby/passion ? I do have some ideas on how to play under this "structure".

Do you mean a competitive league?

>Is there anybody interested ?

I would definitely be interested in hearing what you have in mind.

Of course, Action Solitaire already has scoring and will soon have online high score tables. :-)
Andy Lewicki
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, October 11, 2003 - 12:58 pm:   

OK, it's just only idea, but I think it has many chances to become a "real life". For example, I would like to connect to you and play the same game (same number) or games (again, with the same numbers)in a competitive way. I would like to see somewhere on the screen how u are doing, what game # are you playing and what is your score during the game and, of course, after the game.
We could create, let's say a local (teritorial) club with 10, 20 or more players and play regular
games within this club. Later on we could play
other clubs. These kind of tournaments are played
widely on Itsyorturn, Brainking or Yahoo games.
But this is more remote plan. For now, again, I would like to compete with someone playing the same game, let's say, from number 1001 to 1021
and compare our scores. It would be more exciting to play in real time, playing the same games, rather than comparing scores like we do
today (and we compare different #s of course which doesn't give a clear picture since someone could get easier games)
Also, I would like to play, for example, Calculation (game # 23000-23025) and publish my score for someone to beat me. This kind of play would be more like puzzle, played on your own pace.
What do u think about this ?
Andy.
Gregg Seelhoff (Seelhoff)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Seelhoff

Post Number: 46
Posted on Monday, October 13, 2003 - 6:10 pm:   

>What do u think about this ?

Well, the real-time ideas would definitely need to have special software or have the feature included in future versions of the game. (Fortunately, I have some sway in the latter, for Action Solitaire. :-))

The easy method of simply arranging games and publishing scores could be done right now, although it would take some coordination effort. It seems that you could give this a try right here in this forum. If it works, you could lobby for a separate section for the league, and if not, then you will find out before too much effort is expended.

Good luck!
Thomas Warfield (Support)
Username: Support

Post Number: 499
Posted on Monday, October 20, 2003 - 1:46 pm:   

We are definitely moving in the direction of more connectivity in our games. At some point, it may involve something like what you describe, although I couldn't say at this point exactly what kinds of things we are going to do (it hasn't been decided).

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration