Goodsol Forum » General Discussion » Congrats, Gregg! « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Ken Millar (Tpa_ken)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Tpa_ken

Post Number: 1132
Posted on Tuesday, July 28, 2009 - 6:47 am:   

Gregg, I see at the Big 10 Luncheon that the media picked Michigan State to finish third in the Big 10 this year (behind, of course, Ohio State and Penn State). I just want to point out that of the 7 Big 10 teams that went to a bowl game last year, IOWA was the only one to win, trouncing South Carolina 31-10.
Richard Mechen (Richardscotland)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Richardscotland

Post Number: 3126
Posted on Tuesday, July 28, 2009 - 11:38 am:   

I'm sure that the above message must make sense to somebody. Iowa....that's a Japanese island,right?

Anyway Gregg if you see it you may also want to have a look at a Variegated Canfield one Posted on Monday, July 27, 2009 - 6:09 am:
Gregg Seelhoff (Seelhoff)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Seelhoff

Post Number: 386
Posted on Saturday, August 01, 2009 - 6:44 pm:   

>I see at the Big 10 Luncheon that the media picked Michigan State to finish third in the Big 10 this year (behind, of course, Ohio State and Penn State).

Well, I hope that the media knows something (although a couple positions higher would be nice :-)), but I only celebrate actual accomplishments.

Speaking of which, our soccer (i.e., football :-)) team is currently in second place (of 7) in our 40+ league. Our 6-4 record is way better than last year's 0-11-1 (a mere 1 point).

>I just want to point out that of the 7 Big 10 teams that went to a bowl game last year, IOWA was the only one to win, trouncing South Carolina 31-10.

True, though it was still an embarrassing performance for the Big Ten. I think that the regular season is so tough that they have nothing left.

>I'm sure that the above message must make sense to somebody.

Doubtful. :-) It is about college football in the Big Ten conference, which has, of course, 11 teams. I am a Michigan State fan, Thomas is an Illinois fan, and Ken seems to like Iowa (for some reason :-)).

>Anyway Gregg if you see it you may also want to have a look at a Variegated Canfield one Posted on Monday, July 27, 2009 - 6:09 am:

Read and responded there. Here I thought that you were the only person who is missed after only a few days of absence on this forum.
Richard Mechen (Richardscotland)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Richardscotland

Post Number: 3155
Posted on Sunday, August 02, 2009 - 4:39 am:   

"the Big Ten conference, which has, of course, 11 teams".
Am I the only veteran around here who remembers the "Temperance Seven"? There were nine of them in the group. When queried about their name the reply was "Because we were one over the eight".
"Ken seems to like Iowa (for some reason )". Did your mum demand that you support Iowa Ken. Is SHE Japanese?
Ken Millar (Tpa_ken)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 1136
Posted on Sunday, August 02, 2009 - 7:04 am:   

Gregg, you must have the ear of the Big 10 Commissioner (and he wants it back, btw) because for the second year in a row, Iowa has to play AT Michigan State. Where's the justice?????
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 387
Posted on Wednesday, August 05, 2009 - 7:08 pm:   

For what it is worth (i.e., not much :-)), last week the State News reported that the Princeton Review came out with its Top 20 "jock schools", and MSU ranked at #17 (behind Penn State [#3], Ohio State [#9], Michigan [#13], and Purdue [#15]). Iowa was not listed.

Then, on Monday, they had a story about tuition increases at Big Ten schools, and it revealed that Iowa is the least expensive (by quite a bit), while Michigan State is dead center. With one son attending MSU, we would gladly accept Iowa tuition rates (about 36% lower) instead.
Ken Millar (Tpa_ken)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 1137
Posted on Wednesday, August 05, 2009 - 10:55 pm:   

Gregg, is that your roundabout way of telling me that your son is thinking of becoming a Hawkeye? GO IOWA!!!
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 388
Posted on Thursday, August 06, 2009 - 1:04 am:   

>Gregg, is that your roundabout way of telling me that your son is thinking of becoming a Hawkeye?

Nope. I asked him whether he would consider it and his incredulous response was simply: "Why?" :-)
Ken Millar (Tpa_ken)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 1146
Posted on Sunday, August 09, 2009 - 7:23 pm:   

Why? Because Iowa is ranked #21 on the USA Today preseason Top 25 list, and I don't see MSU anywhere on there!

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration