Eliminators, the best name for ... el... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Goodsol Forum » General Discussion » Eliminators, the best name for ... eliminators ? « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Andy Lewicki
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, October 25, 2003 - 6:54 pm:   

David Parlett in his book "Aces up ..." distinguished a small, but very promissing group
of solitaires. These are games where there is no
building on Tableau and in most cases, there is no Foundation. Initial Layout is stripped out
according to some key. Addition type of solitaires are just one of examples. Another group of games are those that follow Golf idea,
to mention only Black Hole, Binary Star or Striptease with 4 golf holes instead of one.
I find these game among my favorites. The reason is simple. Less work, more thinking. It looks to me, that the more ways of disassembling the more
interesting the game. Cheops is a perfect example.David Parlett thinks that this group of games offer the most opportunities for game inventors. Do you have any new ideas
on how to strip the layout using innovative way ?
Andy.
Thomas Warfield (Support)
Username: Support

Post Number: 509
Posted on Monday, October 27, 2003 - 9:53 am:   

Yes, there is a lot of room for new games in this category. In particular, this is a category we are looking at for games for Action Solitaire since these types of games lend themselves well to that format.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration