Stats Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Goodsol Forum » General Discussion » Stats « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

ALEX SUTHERLAND
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, November 13, 2003 - 11:29 am:   

THOMAS I NOTICE THAT MY STATS IN THE LAST TWO RESULTS HAVE BEEN PUBLISHED TWICE. MY OLD COMPUTER PACKED UP AND WE WERE ABLE TO REMOVE THE HARD DRIVE AND SAVE THE PROGRAM FILES THIS MAY HAVE CAUSED PROBLEMS CAN THIS BE FIXED FROM YOUR END.
I DID NOT SEND AN EMAIL AS I CAN RECEIVE BUT I CAN NOT SEND
ALEX
Thomas Warfield (Support)
Username: Support

Post Number: 528
Posted on Saturday, November 15, 2003 - 1:04 pm:   

Duplicates in the stats can happen if information changes, such as email address. I periodically go through and delete any duplicates that I find.

We'll have a new system for PGS next year, based on the Action Solitaire's new system, which will have a better way of handling this.
Irene Dixon (Trekker)
New Solitaire Player
Username: Trekker

Post Number: 1
Posted on Monday, December 29, 2003 - 8:52 pm:   

I have been playing games on the laptop as we travel round Oz. Will it be possible to download the stats from the laptop and have them added to the exsisting stats
mark william todd (Mwtodd)
Solitaire Player
Username: Mwtodd

Post Number: 25
Posted on Tuesday, December 30, 2003 - 3:55 pm:   

No; you should copy goodsol folder from your applications to laptop, when you return home copy this folder back to your home pc; or better still keep your stats updated on a CD;
Diana Wu (Diana)
Solitaire Player
Username: Diana

Post Number: 13
Posted on Tuesday, December 30, 2003 - 10:19 pm:   

Can you give me the exact file name? I have access to a few computers and I would like to play PGS on more than my laptop.

If possible I want to download it to my Jump drive, so that I can carry it with me. The file I copied I have to replace it with the exsiting file? Right?

Thanks,
Diana

Post Number: 563
Posted on Tuesday, January 06, 2004 - 10:48 am:   

For reference, the statistics for Pretty Good Solitaire are stored in the following folders. To do a backup or a copy you will want to copy this folder.

In version 7.2 and earlier, the data folder is the Games folder under the main program folder (for the Quest Edition, this would usually be C:\Program Files\goodsol01\Games).

In version 8.0 and higher, the data folder location depends on the version of Windows. In Windows 98/ME, it is usually the :\Windows\Application Data\Goodsol\Pretty Good Solitaire folder. In Windows NT/2000 and XP, it is usually the C:\Documents and Settings\[Windows User Name]\Application Data\Goodsol\Pretty Good Solitaire folder, where [Windows User Name] is your user name for Windows.
Diana Wu (Diana)
Solitaire Player

Post Number: 16
Posted on Tuesday, January 06, 2004 - 10:04 pm:   

Thomas,

I looked for that file and I could not find it. By the way, I have Windows XP.
Gregg Seelhoff (Seelhoff)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Seelhoff

Post Number: 76
Posted on Wednesday, January 07, 2004 - 1:36 pm:   

>I looked for that file and I could not find it. By the way, I have Windows XP.

For some reason, Windows hides the 'Application Data' folder, so you may need to show hidden files and folders to be able to browse to it.
Diana Wu (Diana)
Solitaire Player

Post Number: 17
Posted on Wednesday, January 07, 2004 - 7:49 pm:   

Ok Gregg,

And can you tell me how one shows the hidden files and folers?
Gregg Seelhoff (Seelhoff)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Seelhoff

Post Number: 77
Posted on Friday, January 09, 2004 - 12:00 am:   

>And can you tell me how one shows the hidden files and folers?

Sure... :-)

[Note: These instructions are for Windows 2000, so they may need to be modified slightly for Windows XP.]

1) Open 'Windows Explorer'
2) Select 'Tools|Folder Options...'
3) Click on the 'View' tab
4) Change the 'Hidden files and folders' setting to 'Show hidden files and folders'
5) Click 'OK' to confirm

I hope this helps.
Ken Blackwell (Blackie9)
Solitaire Player
Username: Blackie9

Post Number: 14
Posted on Sunday, November 14, 2004 - 9:42 am:   

Can you replay a lost game in your stats to remove it?
Jeralyn Taylor (Annika)
Solitaire Player
Username: Annika

Post Number: 12
Posted on Sunday, November 14, 2004 - 12:32 pm:   

That is a great idea! When one has accidentally clicked on new game, or one has improved enough to try to win some old ones, it would really be good!
Jerri
paul forsdick (Pondpaul)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Pondpaul

Post Number: 183
Posted on Sunday, November 14, 2004 - 1:45 pm:   

I would like the opposite to remove a won game!!!

the reason being that i help people win some of the difficult games and then when I replay it to find out how i won it to record the moves it shows as two wins for the same game on the statistics so for instance i needed to replay golf and it shows on the internet as 3games i have won but i would prefer it to only show 2
Paul
Rachel Cohen (Rachel)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Rachel

Post Number: 331
Posted on Sunday, November 14, 2004 - 2:26 pm:   

Maybe open a separate player.
Pauline Mueller (Likescards300)
Junior Solitaire Player
Username: Likescards300

Post Number: 9
Posted on Sunday, November 14, 2004 - 3:33 pm:   

I would like to remove some games also, but
I decided not to get so hung up on my stats
and just enjoy the games.
Polly
Melinda L. Hall (Jerseyelf)
Junior Solitaire Player
Username: Jerseyelf

Post Number: 7
Posted on Sunday, November 14, 2004 - 6:32 pm:   

WAY TO GO POLLY! I enjoy seeing someone in this world so torn by political strife and other global concerns just go back to enjoying something originally intended for enjoyment and NOT getting hung up in minutiae like solitaire statistics!

<it>

Post Number: 817
Posted on Sunday, November 14, 2004 - 8:49 pm:   

No, replaying the same game number will not replace a previous score.

There are two reasons for this.

1) Being able to replace a score would take away some of the integrity of the scoring system.

2) It would be impractical to have to search back through what can be tens of thousands of scores looking for a previous play of that game number. It would simply take too much time.

Pauline Mueller (Likescards300)
Junior Solitaire Player
Username: Likescards300

Post Number: 10
Posted on Monday, November 15, 2004 - 3:10 pm:   

Thanks Melinda for the compliment. I have
enjoyed hours and hours of relaxation with
the solitarie games. that's why I try my
best to win, but if I start to feel stressed
I click on a new game or play another game.
Polly.
Ken Blackwell (Blackie9)
Advanced Solitaire Player

Post Number: 94
Posted on Monday, February 27, 2006 - 9:03 am:   

Hi all,

Just won my 5000th game. I know that is small compared to many. It is still a milestone for me. I have played 30 games 50 or more times. I was wondering how others have fared? I have also won all but 7 games.

chat seems slow lately,

Jax Ken
Ken Millar (Tpa_ken)
New Solitaire Player
Username: Tpa_ken

Post Number: 2
Posted on Monday, February 27, 2006 - 9:59 am:   

Jax Ken, I agree. The chat does seem to be slow. As usual, you're the man because I have won only 2058 games, but I have played 130 games 50 times or more. I have 49 left to win. That was one of my goals years ago to see how many I could win but I must be getting old since I have no desire to play games that bore me anymore. So Ken, what is the game you're most proud of? For me, it's Midshipman. Only 2 other people have perfect scores besides myself (unlike Free Cell, for example, where hundreds of people have perfect scores...ironically, I suck at Free Cell!)
Tpa Ken
pondpaul
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 82.45.116.80
Posted on Monday, February 27, 2006 - 9:18 am:   

hi Ken
well done for 5000
i am up to 8842 wins but with 15213 losses probably not as good as most people
I have played 5 games over 1000 times and a further 91 more than 50 times
you are better than me in games as I have 8 to go
the same 7 as you and Binary star which I get bored with playing as soon as i start it.
regards Paul

(Message approved by admin)
Ken Blackwell (Blackie9)

Post Number: 95
Posted on Monday, February 27, 2006 - 11:26 am:   

Hi Ken and Paul,

Have yet to play a game 1000 time. Point Sable is my closest at 800+ (all wins at least). Accordian was my most unusal...I had 104 wins with no one else undefeated, others have caught me. Spaces and Aces is next. 265 out of 289 total wins...seems odd. Ill check out Midshipman. I need a new game. I only have 442 loses but I clear at the start when Im learning the game and you guys gave me a lot of winning #s so many games I have won I have played only once.

Jax Ken
Kjell Petterson (Kjell)
Intermediate Solitaire Player
Username: Kjell

Post Number: 47
Posted on Tuesday, February 28, 2006 - 8:05 am:   

Hi all,

I have been playing and enjoying PGS for several years.
For what it is worth,here are my top 10 games (number of games played just now - no perfect stats!):

Penguine 6742
Cleopatra 4783
Repair 4152
Antares 2848
Virginia Reel 2264
Penta 2213
Free Cell 1747
Seven By Seven 1390
Bastille Day 1231
Double Free Cell 783

Have fun,

Kjell
Jeralyn Taylor (Annika)

Post Number: 67
Posted on Tuesday, February 28, 2006 - 11:20 am:   

I have 103 wins and no losses for Maze, and I believe it can always be won, if one perseveres. I had 600-700 games for something on my old computer, Penguin, I think, but I play Action Sol so much now, that I will probably never play 1000 of anything. I am going to try the ones Kjell lists that I have never tried, since I am always looking for a new game to enjoy.

Pondpaul, are you a bridgeplayer? I seem to remember a similar name from OKBridge.

Jerri
paul forsdick (Pondpaul)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 311
Posted on Tuesday, February 28, 2006 - 11:51 am:   

hi Jeralyn
i have never played bridge
puzzled why my last posting had me as an unregistered guest then realized i had set up a new name
regards #paul
Ken Blackwell (Blackie9)

Post Number: 97
Posted on Saturday, March 11, 2006 - 9:57 am:   

Ken,

Midshipman #1364917248 was a good one, Thought I would lose one at my 20th game. Give it a try and let me know what you think.
Audrey G Schnell (Paxinc)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Paxinc

Post Number: 107
Posted on Monday, March 13, 2006 - 11:40 am:   

I'm fascinated by peoples' different goals. mine is to win one of each and I still have 125 to go! But, I didn't play for a year, being unable to re-insert my scores. Currently, I'm playing Crossroads, which I like, although its architecture (that you will lose)is only too obvious. Does anybody have a solveable number? Even with that the critical moves quite often escape me. Galloway was a kick, once I found the crafty move. My joy is Waxing Moon, still unwon!
paul forsdick (Pondpaul)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 313
Posted on Monday, March 13, 2006 - 12:04 pm:   

Hi Audrey
Crossroads try 429277857
Waxing Moon try 1553479936
please let me know if you get stuck as i have the moves recorded for both of these.
my goal is also to complete them all but still need 8

good luck

Paul
Jeralyn Taylor (Annika)

Post Number: 69
Posted on Sunday, March 19, 2006 - 8:47 am:   

Yes, it is interesting that we all have different preferences in PGS. Because so many of you are trying to win one of each game, I decided to try it. Started with Accordion, but got bored. I like to try for a high score to post, and care nothing about averages. I like to play games that require strategy, more than luck, and am always eager to learn a new game, that is out of the ordinary. I have played Waxing Moon a lot, since Audrey suggested it, and it is fun, but very hard. (no wins) I tried Waning Moon,too,and have won every game, even when it seemed impossible in the middle of play. I enjoy having both PGS and ActSol to play.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration