Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

paul forsdick (Pondpaul)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Pondpaul

Post Number: 588
Posted on Tuesday, January 26, 2010 - 9:25 am:   

hi
I am always making the same mistake with this icon so I thought I would give you a warning

if you click it and then play on it will go back to the camera snapshot position however if on going forwards and backwards to try various moves and actually go back before the snapshot position, the game instead of going forward to the snapshot instead horrifies you by going back to the start of the game
Richard Mechen (Richardscotland)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Richardscotland

Post Number: 3790
Posted on Tuesday, January 26, 2010 - 9:59 am:   

You'd be better just saving the game at the point where you have been taking snapshots Paul. You can save the same game umpteen times as long as you vary the name you give each of them. Just adding a letter behind the number is as good a way as any.
Markus Reischl (Markus)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Markus

Post Number: 304
Posted on Tuesday, January 26, 2010 - 11:40 am:   

Paul, that seems to be a bug in PC PGS. In my Mac-version, the snapshot button, works, as you want to. In my trial version in work (PC), the snapshot button did not work properly. I thought it is, because it's the trial version, but it seems to be a bug.
Richard, the snapshot is a nice thing. Especially in games where you have just a few possibilities. And in climb mode you cannot open games. That's only in normal mode possible. So, the snapshot is for me a very important thing, while playing in climb mode.
Adam R. Wood (Zotmeister)
Junior Solitaire Player
Username: Zotmeister

Post Number: 8
Posted on Wednesday, January 27, 2010 - 2:36 am:   

This is a straightforward bug, readily duplicated - using Undo to travel back before one's Snapshot and then hitting UndoSnap restarts the deal. I have the feeling this was a previously-quashed bug reintroduced (searching for 'Snapshot' turned up a similar topic from 2004 with the same issue).

The expectation is that the Snapshot feature functions like a "quick-save", and the UndoSnap button a "quick-load", but I'm guessing that's not how it was implemented; Snapshot probably just saves a move number, and UndoSnap probably just keeps undoing (and decreasing the move count) until it finds the Snapshot or the start of the deal. [To be fair, that's a lot faster than saving/loading.] In that other topic, Thomas suggested the UndoSnap button should be disabled if one has undone past their Snapshot - that is, the current move count is less than the Snapshot's move count. I'm guessing he actually did this in an earlier version, but somehow lost the fix in a later update. I'm sure he'll fix it the same way (or implement something closer to expectations) for the next version. Until then, the workaround is clear - don't use the Snapshot button, and save/load instead.

- ZM
Markus Reischl (Markus)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Markus

Post Number: 308
Posted on Wednesday, January 27, 2010 - 3:55 am:   

Or buy an Macintosh and use the Mac-Edition. There the snapshot is working properly. I use it often.
Thomas Warfield (Support)
Username: Support

Post Number: 1328
Posted on Wednesday, January 27, 2010 - 10:51 am:   

Yes, this is an easily duplicated bug. I have fixed it for version 12.3.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration