One suit spider solitaire Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Goodsol Forum » General Discussion » One suit spider solitaire « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

hojojitsu
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, January 18, 2004 - 12:21 am:   

I was playing one suit spider solitaire and I have a question. You are not allowed to deal if you have any open spaces. Is is ever possible to remove so many cards that you cannot deal? Or does the game prevent this from happening?

For example, on each deal you get ten new cards. If you removed seven suits before the last deal, you would have three cards visible and seven open spaces.

I have had several instances where I could remove six suits (sixteen cards left before the deal), but I have never been able to remove seven.
hojojitsu
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, January 18, 2004 - 12:24 am:   

Oops. I should have read the message board more carefully. It turns out you can remove all the cards. I just haven't been able to do it myself.
Thomas Warfield (Support)
Username: Support

Post Number: 570
Posted on Friday, January 30, 2004 - 1:28 pm:   

Actually, yes, you can box yourself in by getting rid of too many suit sets before you deal out all the cards. This is part of the game, you need to make sure you avoid this (if it happens, you can undo back and make sure to deal out all of the stock).
jasonc65
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, March 26, 2004 - 8:19 pm:   

I think getting rid of seven suits would be rare. However, I have gotten rid of five suits with three deals left, and that leaves me with nine cards left. I did this with Microsoft Spider Solitaire, which also has the number of suits options. It took me about twenty games to accomplish this.

I don't think any version of this is likely with four suits.
cw
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 62.253.64.13
Posted on Sunday, April 17, 2005 - 9:09 pm:   

I got rid of seven suits with one deal left, leaving 3 cards. Yep, you get boxed in: you can't deal as it tells you that "you are not allowed to deal a new row while there are empty slots", and it won't undo a move where you get rid of a row.

It looks a lot like an oversight (bug) to me.

(Message approved by admin)
Thomas Warfield (Support)
Username: Support

Post Number: 886
Posted on Monday, April 18, 2005 - 7:49 pm:   

No, it is a part of the rules of the game. If you remove too many cards before the last deal, you will get yourself in an unwinnable situation. It is something you have to plan for, a part of the strategy of the game.
Diane Christian
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 63.168.250.39
Posted on Sunday, December 25, 2005 - 12:22 pm:   

Please help fellow solitaire player. I have just
gotten "hooked" on Spider/Black Widow solitaire
having tired of Free Cell. I need some real tips
for strategy. I've searched cyberspace and mostly
find people trying to sell games. My questions are basic strategy: is it better to form as many
consecutive "strings" in the early rounds or wait? REALLY "BUGGING" me: toward the end when you have to separate some cards to fill blank spaces, how do you know which ones to use? Please
reply. Merry Christmas!

(Message approved by admin)

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration