Goodsol Forum » General Discussion » For Markus « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Butler77

Post Number: 1470
Posted on Tuesday, March 23, 2010 - 4:27 pm:   

Do you know where Trier is in Germany. A friend of my wife's lives there. She sings in operas all over Germany.
Markus Reischl (Markus)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Markus

Post Number: 693
Posted on Tuesday, March 23, 2010 - 4:38 pm:   

I know Trier from the name, but i have never been there and i have to take a look on the map to say, where it exactly is. When i remember right, then it should be near the french and luxembourg border at the height (?) of Frankfurt (Main).
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 1471
Posted on Tuesday, March 23, 2010 - 5:00 pm:   

I think she sings at the Frankfurt Opera most of the time. My brother was in the US Army in Frankfurt in the 1950's. It doesn't look like I will ever get there. Ireland and Scotland if I get to travel anywhere. (If I remember right) and just (near Frankfurt) is good enough.
Ken Millar (Tpa_ken)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Tpa_ken

Post Number: 1313
Posted on Tuesday, March 23, 2010 - 6:06 pm:   

Mike, why didn't you ask me? I didn't make it to Trier (which is near the Luxembourg border, like Markus said) but I did make it to Cologne when I was in Germany, which isn't too far away. I actually biked along the Rhine. Good times. I also went to Burg Eltz (look it up!). One of the coolest places in Europe!
Richard Mechen (Richardscotland)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Richardscotland

Post Number: 4338
Posted on Tuesday, March 23, 2010 - 6:25 pm:   

You'd have been better taking a boat along the Rhine Ken. You could have drowned.
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 1473
Posted on Tuesday, March 23, 2010 - 10:05 pm:   

You might be surprised by what Ken can do on a bicycle. Ken. You have been to Burg Eltz. But have you ever been to Chico, Ca. I have and it something to miss.
Kathy Quade (Kathyquade)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Kathyquade

Post Number: 453
Posted on Tuesday, March 23, 2010 - 10:27 pm:   

But you've never experienced life at its worst until you've been to Gary, Indiana (my home town).
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 4341
Posted on Wednesday, March 24, 2010 - 7:17 am:   

What a miserable bunch we all are. Not exactly overflowing with "joi de vivre" eh?
I heard that there was a book published about the 50 worst towns in Britain. Apparently they received so many complaints that they had to publish a second volume. It's incredible that people would want their home towns included in such a book and that they would campaign for their inclusion.
I like Inverurie. It's very nice.
Kathy Quade (Kathyquade)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 458
Posted on Wednesday, March 24, 2010 - 8:15 am:   

I loved my home town (Gary). I was born and raised there. Then because of one mayor who had a chip on his shoulder (and I can't tell you why), the city went downhill so fast, there was a mass exodus like I've never seen so far. Gary is now a joke across the entire country. When I lived in Texas, a man said to me "just be glad you don't live in Gary." Where I live now is just fine. It's just not "home".
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 4346
Posted on Wednesday, March 24, 2010 - 9:01 am:   

Is it possible that the mayor came from Chico?
Kathy Quade (Kathyquade)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 459
Posted on Wednesday, March 24, 2010 - 9:05 am:   

If he had, I wish he had stayed there. I've never even heard of Chico. At least most people have heard of Gary. So maybe our former mayor did us at least one favor. He put us on the map. We even had former President Kennedy visit us. BTW, my father at that time was his bodyguard -- Kennedy's, not the mayor's.
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 1474
Posted on Wednesday, March 24, 2010 - 11:16 am:   

Gary Indiana is immortalized in song. A lot of cities used to be much better places to live. There are a whole list of cities I would not to live in. I wonder what differences Markus finds between Germany and Estonia. Besides the language. And is there a big difference between Estonia and Latvia. And why is there air? Well he is a teacher after all.
Markus Reischl (Markus)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 700
Posted on Wednesday, March 24, 2010 - 12:20 pm:   

The difference have been when i came to Estonia 10 years ago. Now it is nearly the same to live here. And while i get paid mostly from Germany it is not the worst (?). With the pay for an Estonian teacher it would be much harder. All say that German is a hard language. Estonian is a little harder, but when you dived in into the deeper secrets, then i would say it is even easier. The climate is for me as a man who is sweating (?) very fast better than (!) in the south of Germany. But in winter the darkness is big. Richard, at what degrees ... (?) do you life in Scotland? Tallinn is nearly on the 60° ... (?). That means a lot of day in summer.
But Mike: >And why is there air?< I don't understand what you mean.
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 1476
Posted on Wednesday, March 24, 2010 - 12:26 pm:   

It's an old joke. From a comedy routine by Bill Cosby.
Markus Reischl (Markus)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 704
Posted on Wednesday, March 24, 2010 - 1:01 pm:   

That sounds really like Bill Cosby.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 4352
Posted on Wednesday, March 24, 2010 - 1:21 pm:   

We also have short "days" during winter when darkness (nightfall) starts about 4pm. We are compensated in the summer when the days are very long and the nights are very short. Our temperatures have been between 40°and 50° during the days recently. We are still getting frosts sometimes at night.
It looks like you are like me, and prefer lower temperatures rather than hot sticky,sweaty days.

Yes Mike. Why IS there air. Talk us through it.
Markus Reischl (Markus)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 706
Posted on Wednesday, March 24, 2010 - 1:41 pm:   

Richard, i didn't mean the temperature. I mean your northern position. Tallinn is 59° 24&#8242; 48&#8243; N, 24° 49&#8242; 58&#8243; O.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 4355
Posted on Wednesday, March 24, 2010 - 1:44 pm:   

I did wonder if that was what you meant. Aberdeen is Latitude: 57° 08, and we are just west of there.
Markus Reischl (Markus)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 712
Posted on Wednesday, March 24, 2010 - 2:53 pm:   

Then you are a little more than 2° southern than we. That means in winter the nightfall is nearly an hour earlier.
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 1478
Posted on Wednesday, March 24, 2010 - 3:04 pm:   

Markus is the teacher. And Richard is Mr Chips. Why do I have to figure it all out. Now I have to go through my albums again.
Kathy Quade (Kathyquade)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 463
Posted on Wednesday, March 24, 2010 - 3:40 pm:   

Your weather and night and day times are the same as mine, and I'm across the ocean. Anyway, Goodbye, Mr. Chips, whichever one is you. I wanted to say Goodnight, but that isn't the right quote. I'm not going anywhere.
Ken Millar (Tpa_ken)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 1333
Posted on Thursday, April 15, 2010 - 11:32 pm:   

Markus, are you interested in music? Here's a quote from my local paper in Florida: "Estonian conductor, Estonian composer. That's what the Florida Orchestra is offering this weekend in its masterworks program, highlighted by guest conductor Eri Klas leading Fratres, one of the signature works of Arvo Part, the "mystic minimalist" whose music has been among the most influential of our time." Do you know anything about your fellow countrymen, and is it worth checking out?
Markus Reischl (Markus)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 1031
Posted on Friday, April 16, 2010 - 12:51 am:   

I would say, it is worth. Arvo Part is one of the leading composer of Estonia and Eri Klas one of the leading conductor (Anu Tali is the best conductor of Estonia). Arvo Part writes mostly works which are a little mystical. When i understand all right, then there is also a singing part. Most Estonians are well singers.
When you have time and when you are interested in classical music, then go and enjoy the concert.
Markus Reischl (Markus)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 1056
Posted on Monday, April 19, 2010 - 3:11 pm:   

Ken, i just asked my wife and she told me, that Fratres is one of the most famous orchestral works for string orchestra and percussion. More she cannot tell me. When you went to the concert, then tell me, how it was.
Markus Reischl (Markus)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 1057
Posted on Monday, April 19, 2010 - 3:12 pm:   

I forgot, of Arvo Pärt in my first sentence.
Ken Millar (Tpa_ken)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 1337
Posted on Monday, April 19, 2010 - 5:29 pm:   

I didn't go (as much as I wanted to). I went biking instead!
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 1614
Posted on Tuesday, May 11, 2010 - 5:29 pm:   

Markus. Are you staying in Estonia for the summer?
Markus Reischl (Markus)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 1174
Posted on Wednesday, May 12, 2010 - 1:08 am:   

I am one week in Bulgaria, Gold Sands, in june just to do nothing. And i am 10 days in july in Germany. All the other time i will be mostly in Estonia.
Why do you ask?
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 1617
Posted on Wednesday, May 12, 2010 - 11:45 am:   

Just wondering how much traveling you were planning. Sounds like you will be busy. Richard sees as much of Scotland as he can. Most of my time when we go someplace is driving and I don't get to see much. Although we don't travel much. Just north to my wife's sister's place in Chico, California. Have fun and be safe on your travels.
Kathy Quade (Kathyquade)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 802
Posted on Saturday, May 29, 2010 - 11:47 am:   

Markus, are you working on any interesting or challenging games right now? I'm at a loss as to which game I should play next. I've done all my favorites and thought you might have a suggestion.
Markus Reischl (Markus)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 1237
Posted on Saturday, May 29, 2010 - 2:28 pm:   

I play at time

Some more often, some seldom. (Free Fan i play, to proove Mike, that in the first 5000 games is no unwinnable one.)
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 1650
Posted on Saturday, May 29, 2010 - 3:39 pm:   

Keep right on going Markus in Free Fan. I gave up when someone went off and ran a bunch of hands.
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 1651
Posted on Saturday, May 29, 2010 - 3:43 pm:   

I just looked. 37,060 hands by one idiot. People. If you are not going to a least try to win a hand. Why bother?
Markus Reischl (Markus)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 1238
Posted on Saturday, May 29, 2010 - 5:55 pm:   

Mike, maybe she is telling us, what numbers she couldn't win. Then i only have to play and win 3208 games.
May main mark is not only to win, for that Free Fan is too easy and not a real challenge, but to get down my average time. By now i have reached 47.6 seconds. I think the minimum time i can reach will be about 45 seconds. We will see.
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 1652
Posted on Saturday, May 29, 2010 - 7:35 pm:   

Have fun.
Kathy Quade (Kathyquade)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 803
Posted on Saturday, May 29, 2010 - 10:11 pm:   

Do you guys mean she won 37,060 of the same game? How could she possibly not have carpal tunnel syndrome after that? I've been playing Buffalo Bill since I started PGS and could never reach that number. Of course, wouldn't you know it, it was just my luck I hit the wrong icon and had to start all over again. Same thing with Penguin.
Kathy Quade (Kathyquade)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 804
Posted on Saturday, May 29, 2010 - 10:13 pm:   

BTW, today I hit the wrong icon in 7 x 7 alt and have to start all over again with that one. I guess my good eye is getting bad now.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration