Goodsol Forum » Pretty Good Solitaire Mac Edition » Bugs « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Markus Reischl (Markus)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Markus

Post Number: 1284
Posted on Saturday, June 05, 2010 - 2:22 pm:   

I thought, i start a new thread for bugs.

Gregg, i just played Lucas and saw, that there is something to make better. Have a look at my screenshot:

As you surely see, the cards from the piles above overlap with the cards from the piles down. Normally the cards spaces are narrowed to avoid such overlaps, but not in Lucas.
Markus Reischl (Markus)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 1581
Posted on Wednesday, August 18, 2010 - 4:21 pm:   

Hi Gregg,

i just tried Bastion in 2.12 . I had the problem in #70. Richard can win the game, because for him it is possible to put an King onto an Ace. This is still not possible in the Mac-Edition. (E.g. the KD onto the AD in #70 at the beginning.)
Will this be fixed in one of the versions who it is wrongly in the program? There is nothing of wrapping in the rules. So, what's right?
Gregg Seelhoff (Seelhoff)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Seelhoff

Post Number: 484
Posted on Wednesday, August 18, 2010 - 5:07 pm:   

>i just tried Bastion in 2.12 . I had the problem in #70. Richard can win the game, because for him it is possible to put an King onto an Ace. This is still not possible in the Mac-Edition. (E.g. the KD onto the AD in #70 at the beginning.)

Sorry, this is my fault; I did not get that particular bug fixed for this update.

>Will this be fixed in one of the versions who it is wrongly in the program? There is nothing of wrapping in the rules. So, what's right?

Yes, I intend to have this bug fixed for the next PGSME update. PGS is correct, if for no other reason than Bastion has been that way in the original Windows product for more than 10 years!

If it is any consolation, the bug in Lucas that started this thread is fixed in PGSME 2.12. :-)
Markus Reischl (Markus)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 1582
Posted on Thursday, August 19, 2010 - 12:11 am:   

No problem, i just hoped, because i like to play Bastion meanwhile and you know i mostly play in climb mode and the next game is #70 and i know it is winnable, so, i have to wait.
Markus Reischl (Markus)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 1645
Posted on Tuesday, September 14, 2010 - 1:55 pm:   

Hi Gregg, i found the same problem which was in Lucas in "Red and Black". Here a picture.

Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 489
Posted on Sunday, September 19, 2010 - 1:50 pm:   

>Hi Gregg, i found the same problem which was in Lucas in "Red and Black".

Confirmed. Thanks. :-)

This will be fixed in the next update.
Ken Millar (Tpa_ken)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Tpa_ken

Post Number: 1535
Posted on Sunday, September 19, 2010 - 9:04 pm:   

Gregg, helluva game for the Spartans this past weekend. Wish I could say the same for the Hawkeyes!
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 490
Posted on Monday, September 20, 2010 - 11:36 pm:   

>Gregg, helluva game for the Spartans this past weekend.

It was a fantastic end to an exciting game. I was downtown immediately after the victory (picking up my wife and younger son, who work concessions at the home games) and it was bedlam.

What was considerably less cool was the fact that our head coach, Mark Dantonio, who made the gutsy call that won the game, suffered a heart attack later that night. The paper says he is "OK", but he will not be coaching next Saturday, at least.
Markus Reischl (Markus)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 1659
Posted on Saturday, September 25, 2010 - 4:40 am:   

Hi Gregg, me again. Found in Bastion again something. Have a look:

When you look at it, then there should it possible to put the JS via shortcut onto the 10S. But it didn't work. You can move them by doing discret moves. The shortcut is e.g. working, when the cards are down in suit.

Here is the game stopped at that point, that you can try it.

application/octet-stream
bastion_222862758.goodsol (0.3 k)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 492
Posted on Saturday, September 25, 2010 - 6:09 pm:   

>When you look at it, then there should it possible to put the JS via shortcut onto the 10S. But it didn't work. You can move them by doing discret moves.

Thanks for the report. This is a known bug with Bastion in the current version of PGSME; it should be fixed in a future update.
Markus Reischl (Markus)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 1815
Posted on Wednesday, December 08, 2010 - 3:42 am:   

Hi Gregg, could make a first look on the new games. I have one problems. There are no rules for them (i tried it for Ace of Hearts, Agnes Sorel and Agnes Three). It is hard to test when you don't know the rules. I even couldn't find Ace of Hearts from the Accordion rules typing above in the search box Ace of Hearts.

I post it here, because i cannot log in in the beta test area.
Markus Reischl (Markus)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 1816
Posted on Wednesday, December 08, 2010 - 4:04 am:   

One more thing. I am missing in PGSME 2.17 the [easy] or [hard] or [deal3] ... games. Are they with the game and as in PGS with King option or something else or are they just missing in the test-version?
Markus Reischl (Markus)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 1817
Posted on Wednesday, December 08, 2010 - 4:34 am:   

Another thing: in Climb Mode normally the time is going on while restarting the game. Played Tuxedo and the time is starting from 0:00.0 when i restart a game number.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 515
Posted on Thursday, December 09, 2010 - 12:06 pm:   

>I post it here, because i cannot log in in the beta test area.

I see that you now have access to the beta test area, so I will answer specifics there.

Generally, though, for others reading this, these issues are not actually bugs, and any bugs that are discovered during the beta testing period will be fixed prior to release. :-)
James McCrary (Redsled)
New Solitaire Player
Username: Redsled

Post Number: 1
Posted on Saturday, May 14, 2011 - 12:22 pm:   

Quick question. In Free Cell "Climb Mode", is it suppose to reset back to zero games played when you quit the game and quit Goodsol? Or do I need to make a change in preferences?
Markus Reischl (Markus)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2221
Posted on Saturday, May 14, 2011 - 2:49 pm:   

Hi James, welcome to the Forum. I don't understand your problem at all. I have played 352 Free Cell games in Climb Mode and nothing has been reset back to zero games played. Can you please explain your problem closer? Describe please the whole lot you are doing and when you get the reset to zero. Maybe you can post some screenshots? Markus
James McCrary (Redsled)
New Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2
Posted on Sunday, May 15, 2011 - 11:57 am:   

Well, it's pretty straight forth. I play 10 to 15 games in a row, quit the game and quit Goodsol. When I come back to the game it's as if I never played before, Stats has reset to zero in climb only. The free cell "non-climb" stats remains the same as was before quitting.
James McCrary (Redsled)
New Solitaire Player

Post Number: 3
Posted on Sunday, May 15, 2011 - 12:01 pm:   

Also this started after I d/l the 2.20 vs.
Markus Reischl (Markus)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2223
Posted on Sunday, May 15, 2011 - 12:04 pm:   

Strange. I have also 2.20, but it is working properly. Then you have to wait till Gregg is answering.

P.s.: Did you start playing Free Cell with 2.20 or have you played it already before?
James McCrary (Redsled)
Junior Solitaire Player

Post Number: 4
Posted on Sunday, May 15, 2011 - 12:12 pm:   

I didn't try it before 2.20, that's why I asked the question if it was suppose to do this.
I'd do a clean re-install if I knew where the file for climb was and or name (any back up) so I could make sure it was completely cleared
Markus Reischl (Markus)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2224
Posted on Sunday, May 15, 2011 - 12:17 pm:   

Ok, that's maybe the bug. Will try to play it under a new player name. Let's see, if ti occurs then also.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 536
Posted on Sunday, May 15, 2011 - 1:49 pm:   

>Quick question. In Free Cell "Climb Mode", is it suppose to reset back to zero games played when you quit the game and quit Goodsol? Or do I need to make a change in preferences?

No, it is definitely not supposed to reset like that; all of the previous climb mode scores should be retained (unless you specifically clear them).

>Also this started after I d/l the 2.20 vs.

Which version were you using previously? Also, are you using the trial or full (purchased) version of PGSME?

>I'd do a clean re-install if I knew where the file for climb was and or name (any back up) so I could make sure it was completely cleared

The statistics are (now) stored in '~/Library/Pretty Good Solitaire', and the specific file with climb mode results for FreeCell is 'freecell.climb'.

However, in previous versions, the statistics were stored in '~/Documents/Pretty Good Solitaire'. I would recommend (first) renaming this folder, if it exists, and see if that resolves the problem for you.

Please let us know whether or not this helps.

Thanks. :-)
James McCrary (Redsled)
Junior Solitaire Player

Post Number: 5
Posted on Sunday, May 15, 2011 - 4:13 pm:   

(The statistics are (now) stored in '~/Library/Pretty Good Solitaire')

This seems to be the problem. Nothing is being written to the "library" section as "pretty Good Solitaire" does not exist after a search. Did a manual search and nothing.
Richard Mechen (Richardscotland)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Richardscotland

Post Number: 6761
Posted on Sunday, May 15, 2011 - 5:42 pm:   

James, I am not running a Mac, but on my PC if I right click on the PGS logo on my desktop I get a menu. Amongst the choices there is one saying "Open File Location". It takes me right to all of the files.
James McCrary (Redsled)
Junior Solitaire Player

Post Number: 6
Posted on Monday, May 16, 2011 - 12:23 am:   

MAC doesn't do that, or at least I'm not aware of any.
But doesn't your PC only take you to the main file location?
Goodsol's data files are located separately. (Why? I haven't the foggiest)
Markus Reischl (Markus)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2225
Posted on Monday, May 16, 2011 - 1:11 am:   

Richard, nope. And i could not find your link while right clicking under Windows 7. Which system you are running?
Markus Reischl (Markus)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2226
Posted on Monday, May 16, 2011 - 1:22 am:   

James, search your Mac for goodsol. Then you should find a lot of files with the ending .goodsol . (It is by me somewhere in the documents.) Look, if there is freecell.goodsol .

Did this occur only with Free Cell or also with other games?
Richard Mechen (Richardscotland)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Richardscotland

Post Number: 6762
Posted on Monday, May 16, 2011 - 7:03 am:   

I'm running Vista Markus. Right clicking and choosing "Open file location" has always worked on every running program since Windows 98. They seem to delight in changing things just for the hell of it.
Markus Reischl (Markus)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2227
Posted on Monday, May 16, 2011 - 8:41 am:   

Richard, on my German Windows 7 PC at work, there is just "Open" and the next is "Run as administrator", a.s.o.
Thomas Warfield (Support)
Username: Support

Post Number: 1398
Posted on Monday, May 16, 2011 - 9:10 am:   

James,
Each time you go into the game, your statistics (and the saved game from where you left off) should still be there.

How are you exiting the game (ie. after winning a game, during a game in progress, etc).

I haven't received any other reports of such a bug, so there must be some kind of special circumstances here related to your machine or some unusual way of doing things that you are doing that other users aren't.
James McCrary (Redsled)
Junior Solitaire Player

Post Number: 7
Posted on Monday, May 16, 2011 - 12:03 pm:   

If I use a different name, everything works fine. I can't seem to find the climb data file under my original name. The one I did find, I changed the name and moved to a different drive. The problem still exists with my original name. Must be a corrupt file that I need to purge and let goodsol re-write.
Where are the data files for vs 2.2?
Markus Reischl (Markus)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2228
Posted on Monday, May 16, 2011 - 12:20 pm:   

Search for .goodsol files. Then you will find a folder where should be your name included. Maybe it helps, when you are deleting this folder, but you may have to entry your account name and your password again and i think all stats are gone.
Maybe it also helps, when you just clear all your stats (don't remember if this is possible).
But you should have backuped your system.
Gregg Seelhoff (Gregg)
Username: Gregg

Post Number: 802
Posted on Monday, May 16, 2011 - 12:30 pm:   

>Where are the data files for vs 2.2?

As I answered previously, the statistics are stored in '~/Library/Pretty Good Solitaire', and as Markus just said, there are folders there for each player name, and doing a (Spotlight) search for '.goodsol' (or '.goodsolc' or '.climb') should find the folder quickly.

You will probably want to follow the directions from my previous reply first, to remove the older result files from the equation.
James McCrary (Redsled)
Junior Solitaire Player

Post Number: 8
Posted on Monday, May 16, 2011 - 7:26 pm:   

Well, I don't know why, but, after I checked again in the library folder with no Pretty Good Solitaire folder I went thru the entire hard drive and erased anything that said Goodsol or Pretty Good Solitair. Saved all the old data files to a thumb drive, then erased them also. Restarted the computer and did a new install.
Now everything works and data files are being written to the "library/Pretty Good Solitaire" folder that's now there.
Still don't know what the issue was, but I appreciate all the help/advise that was offered.
Markus Reischl (Markus)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2229
Posted on Tuesday, May 17, 2011 - 5:16 am:   

Glad to hear, that you have solved your problem even if we don't exactly know, what was the problem.
And again: welcome in the forum.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration