Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Goodsol Forum » Action Solitaire Questions » Action Solitaire « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Thomas Warfield (Support)
Username: Support

Post Number: 460
Posted on Sunday, August 31, 2003 - 4:30 pm:   

This is the topic for our new game Action Solitaire.

Action Solitaire is a new way to play solitaire. Play solitaire in timed rounds and try to get the highest score.

Action Solitaire will be released on September 3, 2003. For information about the game, see it's web site at <http://www.actionsol.com>.
Mary Tindle (Yoda)
Intermediate Solitaire Player
Username: Yoda

Post Number: 34
Posted on Tuesday, September 02, 2003 - 11:41 pm:   

The games are great, and loads of fun to play.
The timers really add to the games, have to be quick with the thinking! Cannot dilly-dally over moves any more!
Thank you

Post Number: 462
Posted on Wednesday, September 03, 2003 - 9:34 am:   

Thanks, Mary, glad you like them! We are hoping that people will get as addicted to Action Solitaire as we are around here (it's been tough to get any work done lately, Action Solitaire just sucks you in).

Mary Tindle (Yoda)
Intermediate Solitaire Player
Username: Yoda

Post Number: 35
Posted on Saturday, September 06, 2003 - 12:23 pm:   

OUCH! - You certainly know how to hurt a player in a game. In Triple Towers you lose 100 points by taking a card from the stock - but in Triple Peaks you lose 5000 points!! That really hurts.
It's already got addictive - and 'one more game' is never 'one more game'.
Roula Vitakis (Roula)
Junior Solitaire Player
Username: Roula

Post Number: 4
Posted on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 4:10 pm:   

Tom, would you consider adding a pause function? I can't tell you how many times the doorbell or telephone has rung while I'm in the middle of a great game. Granted it may give us an advantage but if you black out the screen it won't.
Gregg Seelhoff (Seelhoff)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Seelhoff

Post Number: 30
Posted on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 4:37 pm:   

>Tom, would you consider adding a pause function? I can't tell you how many times the doorbell or telephone has rung while I'm in the middle of a great game. Granted it may give us an advantage but if you black out the screen it won't.

Good news. :-)

There is already a pause function. Simply press the 'Pause' (paws) button on the toolbar, or press the [ESC] key, or select 'Action|Pause' from the menu. It stops the timer and hides the faces of the cards, so it does not give an advantage. (Is actually a slight disadvantage, since one has to reorient to the game and the pace when resuming the game.)

Post Number: 476
Posted on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 5:31 pm:   

As Gregg said, there's a pause button already on the toolbar.

Also note, in the event that you hadn't noticed, that if you exit a game after the end of a round or even during a round, it does not end the game. The game is saved automatically and you can resume the game by clicking on that game's name in the main menu when you next want to play.
Roula Vitakis (Roula)
Junior Solitaire Player

Post Number: 5
Posted on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 9:12 pm:   

Thanks Gregg and Tom. I was so eager to play the game I didn't stop and explore the various bells and whistles.
Roula Vitakis (Roula)
Junior Solitaire Player

Post Number: 7
Posted on Wednesday, October 01, 2003 - 7:20 pm:   

I consider Action Solitaire an aerobic exercise. As the game progresses, my heart rate speeds up. I wonder how many calories I'm burning?:-)
Gregg Seelhoff (Seelhoff)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Seelhoff

Post Number: 40
Posted on Wednesday, October 01, 2003 - 7:36 pm:   

>I consider Action Solitaire an aerobic exercise. As the game progresses, my heart rate speeds up.

You may be on to something here. Seriously.

After what I considered to be a very stressful weekend (bad server crash), I visited the doctor on a previously scheduled appointment yesterday. The nurse took my pulse and blood pressure and then said, "What? No job stress?" My heart rate and blood pressure were very low, despite the inherent stress of being there in the first place.

Of course, I have been playing Action Solitaire quite a bit, including prior to the appointment, but until you posted your message, I had not made any connection between the two. But now...

>I wonder how many calories I'm burning?

Alas, I have experienced no weight loss recently. :-)
Roula Vitakis (Roula)
Junior Solitaire Player

Post Number: 8
Posted on Wednesday, October 01, 2003 - 8:04 pm:   

Unfortunately, neither have I.:-)

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration