Halloween Card Set Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Goodsol Forum » Action Solitaire Questions » Halloween Card Set « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Roula Vitakis (Roula)
Solitaire Player
Username: Roula

Post Number: 13
Posted on Monday, October 06, 2003 - 8:33 pm:   

I downloaded and installed the Halloween card set but can't access it. Only the default card set is available.
Thomas Warfield (Support)
Username: Support

Post Number: 493
Posted on Tuesday, October 07, 2003 - 10:30 am:   

The Halloween card set will install by default in the Pretty Good Solitaire folder. To install it for Action Solitaire, make sure you change the install folder to the Action Solitaire folder C:\Program Files\Action Solitaire.

If you have it already installed in the C:\Program Files\goodsol folder, you can also just copy the "Halloween Card Set.dat" file to the C:\Program Files\Action Solitaire folder.
Roula Vitakis (Roula)
Solitaire Player

Post Number: 14
Posted on Tuesday, October 07, 2003 - 12:39 pm:   

Thanks Tom. I copied the file over and it works fine. The cards are beautiful.
Linda Leck (Lindaleck)
Intermediate Solitaire Player
Username: Lindaleck

Post Number: 48
Posted on Wednesday, October 08, 2003 - 5:36 am:   

Here's a weird problem-I downloaded the Halloween set and it works FINE for *my* options but it won't give the card BACKS to my daughters options--she gets the front part only?! Can you help?
Roula Vitakis (Roula)
Solitaire Player

Post Number: 15
Posted on Wednesday, October 08, 2003 - 1:52 pm:   

I just realized that I'm not getting the Halloween card back. I'm getting the default card back instead.
Gregg Seelhoff (Seelhoff)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Seelhoff

Post Number: 43
Posted on Friday, October 10, 2003 - 9:17 am:   

>Here's a weird problem-I downloaded the Halloween set and it works FINE for *my* options but it won't give the card BACKS to my daughters options--she gets the front part only?! Can you help?

>I just realized that I'm not getting the Halloween card back. I'm getting the default card back instead.

This is strange. We have just tested this on two different systems (installed in two different manners) and everything seems to be working fine here.

Just in case, in the card back selection dialog, make sure that 'Halloween Card Set.dat' appears in the selection box at the top, and that it is selected.

The Halloween Card Set has four custom card backs that can be found at the right end of the list, which can be accessed by using the scroll bar. Just click on the desired card back and the selected card back will be highlighted with a yellow outline.

A couple of notes:
- You can either install the card deck directly to the Action Solitaire directory or manually copy it there. If you do this while the game is running, you will need to restart the program before the new card set will be found.
- In Action Solitaire, the card back can be selected separately from the card set used, so you can have, for example, a Halloween card back with the default card faces.

Anyway, please double-check the above and let us know (with specifics :-)) if you continue to have problems.
Roula Vitakis (Roula)
Solitaire Player

Post Number: 16
Posted on Friday, October 10, 2003 - 2:55 pm:   

Gregg
When I first switched to the Halloween card set I did so through the Options menu...clicked on Options, Graphics, and selected Halloween card set. The card fronts were Halloween but the backs were default. When I tried to change the card back, the Halloween were not available.

After reading your reply, I went back to the Options menu, selected Card Backs, Halloween card set and lo and behold there they were. All is well now:-)

It seems the card backs did not make it to the Graphics submenu, possibly a problem during the install.
Gregg Seelhoff (Seelhoff)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Seelhoff

Post Number: 45
Posted on Saturday, October 11, 2003 - 11:48 am:   

An update...

We were finally able to reproduce the problem with the extra card backs not appearing (at first). It is a mismatch between the card backs shown and the set indicated in the selection list.

The (workaround) solution is to simply select the default card set and then select the other (i.e., Halloween) card set again, and the extra backs will appear properly.

This bug will be fixed in the next version. Thanks for the reports. :-)

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration