For Thomas and/or Gregg Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Goodsol Forum » Download and Installation Problems » For Thomas and/or Gregg « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Richard Mechen (Richardscotland)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Richardscotland

Post Number: 5995
Posted on Tuesday, October 19, 2010 - 6:11 pm:   

I lost my email facility a few days ago because a Microsoft update deleted Outlook Express. It cannot be reinstalled. Now I have found that I cannot click on your in-bedded contact addresses etc without getting their two persistent error messages. Presumably other people will be having the same problem and perhaps you will not even get orders through. It may be wise to investigate. (I've sent Microsoft a very lengthy and particularly snotty letter of complaint).
Markus Reischl (Markus)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Markus

Post Number: 1714
Posted on Wednesday, October 20, 2010 - 3:31 am:   

Let me know, when and if MS answered you.
Thomas Warfield (Admin)
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 19
Posted on Wednesday, October 20, 2010 - 9:22 am:   

That would be an indication that you don't have a default mail program set up, or something has gone wrong with the setup.

You might try just resetting the default mail program. Most mail applications have something somewhere in their Options that says something like "make this the default mail application". Try doing that or resetting it and that might get it to work.
Richard Mechen (Richardscotland)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Richardscotland

Post Number: 6000
Posted on Wednesday, October 20, 2010 - 10:19 am:   

Thanks Thomas, but I've tried that. Outlook Express was apparently a component of Internet Explorer. Newer versions of I.E. do not contain it, so an update for I.E. removed it. It is an inconvenience rather than a major problem. I have already figured out two work-arounds. I'll just have to wait and see what those bright sparks at Microsoft have to say regarding my criticism.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration