Malmaison Solitaire Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Goodsol Forum » Download and Installation Problems » Malmaison Solitaire « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Ginny Humes
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 66.58.189.199
Posted on Friday, August 12, 2005 - 12:12 am:   

I have been unable to win the game of Malmaison in 2035 games. I may not be a champion at solitaire but I'm not that bad! The game is suppose to have 4 decks of cards which should equal 208 cards total. A fresh game shows
Stock 127 Waste 1. This is only 128 cards instead of 208. Is this the reason I can't win this game? Did the download not give me the full 4 decks? Please advise.

(Message approved by admin)
Gregg Seelhoff (Seelhoff)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Seelhoff

Post Number: 185
Posted on Friday, August 12, 2005 - 5:01 pm:   

>I have been unable to win the game of Malmaison in 2035 games.

I have only played 16 games so far, but I have yet to win, so I have no idea how hard it actally will be to achieve victory in the game (except to note that your winning percentage is identical to mine :-)).

>The game is suppose to have 4 decks of cards which should equal 208 cards total. A fresh game shows Stock 127 Waste 1. This is only 128 cards instead of 208.

There are 10 tableau piles with 8 cards each, which accounts (precisely) for the other 80 cards.

Unless there are no cards in these tableau piles, then the problem is merely that the game is difficult, not any issue with the software.
Rachel Cohen (Rachel)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Rachel

Post Number: 391
Posted on Saturday, August 13, 2005 - 10:39 am:   

I think that in any such kind of game, when there are no redeals, it's very much a matter of luck if you can get the deep cards out. No matter if the help file says "mostly skill".
Ginny Humes
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 66.58.189.199
Posted on Tuesday, August 16, 2005 - 8:24 pm:   

Oops, I counted wrong. Sorry. I'll keep trying as it's a fun game and passes the time well. thanks.

(Message approved by admin)

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration