Problem with VISTA Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Goodsol Forum » Download and Installation Problems » Problem with VISTA « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Richard Miller (Dmillergv)
New Solitaire Player
Username: Dmillergv

Post Number: 1
Posted on Wednesday, February 21, 2007 - 9:28 am:   

I am using Vista Home Premium.
I have shut off UAC (User Account Control).
GoodSol loads but will not run a selected game.
It runs fine if UAC is on.
Anyone having this problem?
I have tried compatibility mode and have given all security rights to all.
Gregg Seelhoff (Seelhoff)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Seelhoff

Post Number: 251
Posted on Friday, February 23, 2007 - 4:21 pm:   

>I am using Vista Home Premium.
I have shut off UAC (User Account Control).
GoodSol loads but will not run a selected game.
It runs fine if UAC is on.
Anyone having this problem?
I have tried compatibility mode and have given all security rights to all.

Have you downloaded the latest (Vista compatible) version of the game? If not, then that is the very first thing that I would do. :-)

Pretty Good Solitaire, once installed, does not require any special rights and runs correctly on a limited user account (LUA) without ever displaying UAC. Enabling or disabling UAC should make no difference, and our testing here confirms this. (Likewise, PGS does not need to be run in compatibility mode, either, so I recommend avoiding this.)
Pat Joss (Patjoss)
New Solitaire Player
Username: Patjoss

Post Number: 1
Posted on Wednesday, August 01, 2007 - 8:55 am:   

I too am using Vista Home Premium. Ran fine for 3 months and then all of a sudden it told me there was an "error"- Get Player Settings. I was sent a zip file from GoodSol and it did not work. Downloaded it to the goodsol folder and unzipped it and the game told me that "could not find gdcard.dll. you may need to reinstall". Did this 4 times and still can not get it to run. The gdcard.dll is listed there in the folder where I unzipped. Have sent emails and am waiting for an answer. This has happened twice before and I do not understand what is going on. Any suggestions?

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration