Installing Card Sets Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Goodsol Forum » Download and Installation Problems » Installing Card Sets « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Vonnie Galusha
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, March 31, 2004 - 7:05 pm:   

I just d/l'd the new cat card set and installed it into my goodsol directory as instructed. But it is not showing up in my options. I only have the default deck showing. Any ideas on what I did wrong or what I still need to do?

Thomas Warfield (Support)
Username: Support

Post Number: 651
Posted on Thursday, April 01, 2004 - 9:46 am:   

After you download the card set, you need to run the downloaded file to install it. It needs to be installed in the same folder as the game in order for the game to see it (this is usually the C:\Program Files\goodsol folder). After it
is installed, you then should be able to see the new card set in the card set list in Options.
Frances Cammisa (Yankeegal)
Solitaire Player
Username: Yankeegal

Post Number: 20
Posted on Tuesday, April 20, 2004 - 5:59 am:   

Same thing has happened to me for all the card sets--I download and run and they never show up in the card options--what is wrong?
Thanks---

Post Number: 677
Posted on Tuesday, April 20, 2004 - 10:47 am:   

Usually it means that the card set files (the .dat files) are not installed into the same folder as the game. The card set files must be installed into the same folder as the game in order for the game to find them.
Natalie Riede (Catmom)
New Solitaire Player
Username: Catmom

Post Number: 1
Posted on Tuesday, September 07, 2004 - 11:42 pm:   

I would like to download the cat set. I have successfully d/led several of the sets. With the cat set, I only can click on subscribe to newsletter, which I have done. There's no download link with the cat set as there is with the other sets.

Any help or advice?

Post Number: 792
Posted on Wednesday, September 08, 2004 - 12:28 pm:   

When you subscribe to the newsletter you get a welcome email that contains the link to where you can download the cat card set. Just follow this link to download.
Kari Jacques
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, February 23, 2005 - 4:07 pm:   

I subscribed to the newsletter to get the cat cards but didn't download them right away. The email with the link is gone now. How do I get the cat cards now?

Post Number: 857
Posted on Thursday, February 24, 2005 - 1:21 pm:   

Hi Kari,
I've sent you an email.
Devi
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 200.42.155.185
Posted on Sunday, June 19, 2005 - 4:25 pm:   

what folder have i to put the cards sets??
I mean, i downloaded them, istalled them into the goodsol folder, but i can't see them in the options..... its like i haven't installed them... what's wrong? o.O

(Message approved by admin)
Zintro
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 86.55.133.137
Posted on Tuesday, August 23, 2005 - 12:30 am:   

None of the additional card sets work!I've installed them in the folder where the game is installed but they don't work ! I've also tried to install them to C:/Documents and Settings/Alien 3/Application Data/Goodsol/Pretty Good Solitaire because I found a folder named Goodsol there which contains files linked to the games I played so far.
What can I do ?Please help me ! thanks.
P.S. :Alien 3 is my Windows user name.

(Message approved by admin)
Gregg Seelhoff (Seelhoff)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Seelhoff

Post Number: 186
Posted on Monday, August 29, 2005 - 5:49 pm:   

>None of the additional card sets work!I've installed them in the folder where the game is installed but they don't work !

Did you run the installer, or did you simply copy the downloaded file into the program directory? You need to run the card set installer (the downloaded .EXE file) which will place a copy of the data file (.DAT or .CARDS) into the program directory.

For example, to install the new Egyptian card set, one would download and run the installer file, 'egyptiancards.exe'. After the installer was complete, there would be a file named 'Egyptian Card Set.dat' in the program directory.

Once you have done this, Pretty Good Solitaire should automatically recognize the new card set when it starts, and it will appear on the 'Options|Card Set' menu within each game.

Please note that only PGS versions 8 and above support downloadable card sets, so if you have an older version, you will need to upgrade (but that would explain the problem :-)).

I hope this helps.
Lynn E Shortt (Lynns)
New Solitaire Player
Username: Lynns

Posted on Sunday, November 27, 2005 - 5:14 pm:   

I too have lost the original email with a computer upgrade and need to download the cat set. Can I get the link again?
Advanced Solitaire Player

Post Number: 78
Posted on Monday, November 28, 2005 - 4:41 am:   

I just want to know why I always have so much trouble downloading the card sets--I'm trying to get the Valentine set going and it won't download, no matter what I do--
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 208
Posted on Monday, November 28, 2005 - 11:01 am:   

>I just want to know why I always have so much trouble downloading the card sets--I'm trying to get the Valentine set going and it won't download, no matter what I do--

I just successfully downloaded the Valentine's Day card set from this page:

http://www.goodsol.com/downloads/cardsetvalentine. html

If this does not work for you, please provide a little more detail about the problem.

Post Number: 79
Posted on Monday, November 28, 2005 - 4:16 pm:   

I used that and it still did not install. I have PGS in the "F" drive but the Valentine cards do not work--
I have no idea what else I can do--all the other card sets that I wanted are OK but this one--
Elaine Benton (Solo777)
Solitaire Player
Username: Solo777

Post Number: 18
Posted on Monday, November 28, 2005 - 7:02 pm:   

A suggestion for downloading and installing cardsets. When downloading if you have McAfee make sure that the Personal Firewall is disabled. If there are any icons rhat are not needed in the lower right hand corner of the screen, right click on them and disable them. They will come back up when you reboot your computer. Also make sure you are not running any pop up programs. When you go to download the cardsets offline disable the antivirus. Hope this helps. It helped me anyway. Good Luck. Have a nice day.

Post Number: 80
Posted on Tuesday, November 29, 2005 - 8:18 am:   

Thanks--I don't have McAfee--I have Grisoft AVG--I got all the other card sets I wanted without too much trouble but this one just won't download for me--I guess I'll give it a rest and try again in a week or so--

Post Number: 964
Posted on Tuesday, November 29, 2005 - 10:38 am:   

Frances,
The advice others have given should help. Also, note that the Valentine's Day Card Set is one of several card sets that require a registered copy of the game to use. It won't show up in the card set list unless the game is registered. This won't affect downloading in any way, so if you problem is downloading the card set then this doesn't matter.

Post Number: 81
Posted on Tuesday, November 29, 2005 - 11:35 am:   

Thank you, Mr. Warfield--I always thought I WAS registered with PGS--has it expired and no one told me (if that is indeed the problem)---
Elaine Benton (Solo777)
Solitaire Player
Username: Solo777

Post Number: 19
Posted on Tuesday, November 29, 2005 - 8:02 pm:   

Frances:
Is it possible that you could be short of memory on your F drive? (Just a thought). If it is a possibility, one thing you can do is turn off your computer and then wait a few minutes and turn it back on. Then try downloading the Valentine cardset. Also you can go to Control Panel and clear files and cookies and history and auto files. Hope this helps.
Shaun Ferguson (Shaun)
New Solitaire Player
Username: Shaun

Posted on Tuesday, August 19, 2008 - 10:30 am:   

PowerMac G5.
Couldn't get the card sets to load by clicking on the card image - until I first started a game and then when I clicked on a card set, it loaded.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 315
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 9:53 am:   

>Couldn't get the card sets to load by clicking on the card image - until I first started a game and then when I clicked on a card set, it loaded.

Thank you for the report.

I believe that this is expected behavior on the the Mac version, as Mac OS X does not know which file types (i.e., PGS card sets) are handled by the program until it is run once.

If I read you correctly, everything is working fine now, but if you are still having any issues please let us know.

Thanks. :-)
Shaun Ferguson (Shaun)
New Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2
Posted on Saturday, August 23, 2008 - 3:07 am:   

>If I read you correctly, everything is working fine now

Yes, all running well; but I haven't won a round of the Russian Patience yet!
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 318
Posted on Monday, August 25, 2008 - 5:29 pm:   

>Yes, all running well; but I haven't won a round of the Russian Patience yet!

On the Mac, I have played the first 32 games of Russian Solitaire, and I was able to win #10, #16, and #21, so you may want to try one of those.

On the other hand, I have plenty of deals for which my highest score was 1. :-)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 319
Posted on Monday, August 25, 2008 - 5:33 pm:   

TYPO ALERT:
"first 32" should be "first 23" (above). I do not know anything about games #24-32. :-)
Shaun Ferguson (Shaun)
New Solitaire Player

Post Number: 3
Posted on Tuesday, August 26, 2008 - 4:00 am:   

Thanks. 10 and 16 came out, and also 30.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration