Goodsol.com - Pretty Good Solitaire

Solitaire Challenge: Can you win Auld Lang Syne #239?

Solitaire Challenge:

Can you win Auld Lang Syne #239?

Auld Lang Syne is one of the most difficult games in Pretty Good Solitaire. Most (but not all!) games in Auld Lang Syne are unwinnable.

Comments

• edited August 2020

Column 3 dictates everything. Only one of the two consecutive fours dealt there is playable immediately. The second one gets covered by a nine followed by a king. I know that Gregg won that deal back in 2008 so I will try to tackle it at length tomorrow. (My film is due to start in two minutes). I hope Gregg saves me the effort. 😊

• Richard, I won't comment on its winnability - however, I freed the buried 4 πŸ˜€

• Me too Tom. I had to shelf the movie and return to it. Solution attached. Had it not been for the fact that Gregg had already won it I may have given up.

• edited August 2020

I suspect that this is what you may be looking for Tom. 😊 I wonder if I own the copyright. πŸ˜€

• edited August 2020

Did you know that you can actually drag and drop my mp4 video onto your desktop? Click it there and it does work. Curious to know if that would work had you not embedded it. Not that it matters. Just curious.

• That would work regardless. By embedding people can just click on the link and it will play in the browser without downloading.

But you have attach and upload before embedding works.

• As I expected. Thanks. 😊

• edited August 2020

Yes its winnable I just played it and won

• Yes Emily, I posted the solution plus a video of it a week ago. ☺️ Well done though.

• Needless to say I didn't watch the video so it was all my own skill work

• Have a look at my video Emily. See if we tackled it differently. Another of our members won it way back in 2008. I suppose he got the gold and we picked up the silver and the bronze. It was far from easy, so I repeat, well done. 😊

• >Another of our members won it way back in 2008. I suppose he got the gold and we picked up the silver and the bronze.

I have no recollection of that; if you had not posted that I won it, I would never have known. I gladly relinquish any medals. πŸ˜ƒ

(Besides, I am not eligible anyway. πŸ˜‰)

Gregg 🐡

• Woo Hoo!  After 238 straight losses in Auld Lang Syne, I managed to win on deal #239. The nice thing about this game is that a deal can be played quickly (less than a minute, usually), so it fits nicely into small time gaps, which is how I played all those games, just a few at a time.

That's just to remind you how old we're getting Gregg.😊