Big Harp # 695657344 - it's winable!

edited April 2012 in Is It Winnable?
Hi Richard,

If you will have desire and spare time, try this. Funny deck of the cards.
:)

Answers

• edited April 2012 Member, Beta Tester
    Thanks.Superb game. Riddled with problem cards. Took me 4 attempts with masses of undoing and redoing before it fell into place. You did very well in winning this one. =D>
    Savic.JPG
    270 x 52 - 14K
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I'm impressed with BOTH of you! My best score is 22.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Want a partial Ken?
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Yes, please!
  • Well done, Richard, my congratulations! Would you like to try # 340292897: winning without shuffling cards.
  • Do not worry Ken. After first attempt my result was 15. Try again, sure you would succeed.
    Will give it a try later Servic. Thanks.
    Am trying to resolve a serious virus induced problem in Liz's laptop again today Was at it until 3am this morning! Could not get anywhere until I realized that Internet Explorer was carrying the infection. Will start by uninstalling that.
    Here are some partials for you Ken. They should help you get into the strategy involved in winning akward Big Harps. Three quite close together. It took me a while to figure out how to get the 2S into play. That was critical as it allowed me to get a black king into the tableau that was buried beneath it. More partials available if you need them.
    pgs
    pgs
    Big Harp_695657344_Ken1.pgs
    pgs
    pgs
    Big Harp_695657344_Ken2.pgs
    pgs
    pgs
    Big Harp_695657344_Ken3.pgs
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Servic...... How long did you spend on 340292897?
    I have got close a couple of times but never quite managed it yet.
  • edited April 2012 Member
    Richard, my fault, I gave you the incorrect information. The saved game has mistakenly been placed in the wrong folder on my comp. In fact, 340292897 can be won with one shuffling cards.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Ah. That makes more sense. Great game!
    One.JPG
    931 x 484 - 115K
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Thanks, Richard. I'll try to get to it this weekend. I'm hope you're sitting down because I got a temporary job! I'm grading 11th grade student essays. I fear for the future of our country since the youth of today can't distinguish between "there", "they're", and "their".
  • Member, Beta Tester
    That's fantastic Ken. It's just too, two, to bad that it's not a permanent position as Desmond Tutu once said. Et tu Richard. Anyway, it gets you out of the house and consequently nearer a bar where you can continue your studies. I'm just back from our own local research establishment. Hic! Further enlightenment would appear to be imperative and of an urgent nature. I hope to continue my studies there whilst they're there tomorrow. But should this be during their teabreak I won't be able to get in there until they're ready to serve me. There,there Richard.
    smile2.gif
    50 x 50 - 1K
  • I don't doubt that you solve this task. Excellent work! BTW, I went back to the two unresolved earlier Big Harps and made them. Now on the page Top Scores in column Losses Nu Je honestly can put a zero :)

CYO,

--
    Nu Je
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Thanks Nu je. Well done in getting 100% win rate! You are an excellent player. I knew that when you told us you'd solved 695657344.
    What country are you from?
  • Sorry for delay. I cannot be attributed to the regulars of the Forum.
    > You are an excellent player.
    You flatter me, Richard. I'm not a bad player but nothing more. You probably remember I was not able to solve the two games on the first attempt.
    > What country are you from?
    Try to find an answer here:
    http://scores.goodsol.com/topscores/scores/pgs/bigharp.html
    :)>-
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Приветствовать
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Richard, I finally got around to playing this #. I only needed the first partial and then it was easy from there. Thanks!
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Thanks Nu je..............Russia!
    I was correct when I said you were an excellent player. We all improve the more frequently we play a particular game. You have proved that you are now a better player than you used to be because you have now won two games that you could not win before. None of us win every winnable game at the first attempt. I sometimes play a game several times before I can win it. It is not important,

Ken......Well done in winning # 340292897 from my first partial. I hope you enjoyed it.
  • Wow, I received a greeting in Russian! It is very nice, thank you Ken.
    The circumstances be such that my next visit to the forum will be possible some time later but we are sure to meet again. To make the separation from "excellent player" :O did not seem very long, try at your leisure # 1354617600 with only one shuffling and I will try in the meantime # 340292897.
    Я смущен ....... "and I will try in the meantime # 340292897" ....???....... снова?
    я постараюсь......1354617600.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Yes.
    Nu je.JPG
    922 x 477 - 105K
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Are you both just to cleaver. The only Russian I know is what I learn from working the Russian Ballet companies. Hello. Good night. And please Ballerina come to dinner with me.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Are we "cleaver"? No, you are, Mike. You're Walt and your wife is June.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I always identified more with Eddie Haskel. But my wife and I are as far apart from the Cleaver's as can be.