Quadruple Interchange

edited April 2012 in Is It Winnable?
This is still my favourite game and I have with some help in the past proved that games 1-316 are winnable, however game 317 is causing a load of difficulties and I cannot get close to an empty column.
any help appreciated.
regards paul

Best Answers

• Member, Beta Tester Answer ✓
    Man, oh man, oh man! What a stinker. I don't recall ever having to totally restart a QI, but I was forced to with this one. The critical damage was done very close to the start of the game. I suspect that you accepted the QH automatically just like I did. Alas that wasn't the only card that I would regret accepting later in the game.
    Posting a partial for you Paul, at the point I finally got a column cleared. The second partial is a good bit later on when I managed to get three columns empty. I should warn you that is was far from easy getting from the first partial to the second.
  • edited September 2012 Member, Beta Tester Answer ✓
    I was beginning to think that I was the only one playing PGS recently.
    Here is a solution for your game Paul.
    I'm still playing but not any games you like, Richard. It's good to hear from you again, Paul.
    I can win it Paul. Please check your emails.
    That was pretty nasty Paul. Right up my street. :) Thanks.
    That was a tough one. It took me a couple of hours.

Answers

• Member, Beta Tester
    Hi again
    thanks as usual
    I have gone quite well and found some difficult ones but solved them and I am up to game 339 which looks very fiendish you can probably see why.
    I cannot get anywhere near solving this one
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I am still having trouble with game 339 after a few months trying although I have managed to clear a column this has not helped
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Hi again

I am getting nowhere with game 350
    the problem is the diamonds as there is no easy ad to get out and you have 4qd and two 2d in the columns and no 3ds to get rid of the 2d

any help will be good as the first 349 are winnable
  • Member, Beta Tester
    You scraped the bottom of the barrel with this one Paul. It gave me endless amounts of trouble.
    pgs
    pgs
    Quadruple Interchange_350_SHOCKER.pgs
  • Member, Beta Tester
    hi
    i am moving though this slowly and it took ages to win game 370 and then I got to 371 and it is terrible and could be the first one not to be solved as I cannot get close to clearing any column as there a lot of spades and no ace of spades
  • Member, Beta Tester
    HI
    I am getting slowly through them but game 385 looks another stinker
    there are 10 aces buried and although of the six aces in the pack, 3 are Ac's. I have so far only found a 2c and an Ah
  • Member, Beta Tester
    thanks again 386 and 387 are both easy
  • Member, Beta Tester
    385 was indeed a hard one. Took me over 2hrs.
    I posted this message before. But it didn't take.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Strage. I posted a message and my solution last night. Now it's gone.
    pgs
    pgs
    Quadruple Interchange_385_PF.pgs
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I remember seeing it too, Richard, so you're not going crazy (at least in respect to this issue..)
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Good. I'm not ready for another meltdown.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    hi again
    game 390 looks a difficult one with a lot of aces deep down
    I can get the the both the Ace of spades from column three but you really need to find at least 1 of the 4 '2 of spades' as I have spades in 6 columns.
    thanks again if it can be solved
    Paul
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I'll be very surprised if you ever find a worse one that that Paul.
    pgs
    pgs
    Quadruple Interchange_390_Paul.pgs
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I have been moving slowly through these and I am up to 417 this looks reasonably easy and I can get a space in column 8 but I have been trying it for a few weeks with no success.
    I am sure it can be solved
  • Member, Beta Tester
    4 years ago, Paul, when you started this thread, you had a problem with 317. My advice: skip over 517...
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Thanks Paul. That was a good one.
    pgs
    pgs
    Quadruple Interchange_417.pgs
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Thank Richard
    I always give hard ones so I thought you might like the easiest one I found so far which is 423 which only takes 2 goes through the stock
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Richard may not like easy but I do, Paul. I'll give it a go.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Ken is bang-on Paul. I love the difficult ones. I almost typed I love the hard ones, but that is somewhat ambiguous. :-j
  • Member, Beta Tester
    You're right, Paul, it was incredibly easy. The only challenge for Richard would be to see if he could win it with no redeals...
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I gave it a try Ken. Too much of a tall order on the first deal but easy enough on the 2nd.
    pgs
    pgs
    Quadruple Interchange_423-2nd.pgs
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Hi
    the next one which is causing me a problem is 444 it looks simple, it starts well and seems to be very simple but I have never been able to clear a column
  • Member, Beta Tester
    What a cracker Paul! It took quite a bit of planning to clear a column. Even after that it did its best to beat me. Thanks for posting it. It gave the old grey matter a work-out. :)
    See if my partial with an empty column does the trick for you. Full solution also attached.
    pgs
    pgs
    Quadruple Interchange_444_col.pgs
    pgs
    pgs
    Quadruple Interchange_444-won.pgs
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Thanks Richard
    I got it from the partial