Double Kingsley

Answers

• Member, Beta Tester
    Any luck with #112?
  • Member, Beta Tester
    My best score is58 and the more I play, the worse it gets!
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I FINALLY GOT #112 but now I'm stuck on #114. I can get it all the way up to 68!
  • Member, Beta Tester
    We are supposed to be leaving shortly Ken, so you've picked a bad time to ask for assistance. I got it to 64 at the first attempt. 68 seems remarkable. Well done. Will keep trying until we have to leave.
  • edited July 2012 Member, Beta Tester
    This is the best effort yet. 63 scored but only 4 left in the waste! See if you can convert it. I'm running out of time.

EDIT...2 minutes later. I overlooked a simple move. Job done.
    pgs
    pgs
    Double Kingsley_114_one_away.pgs
    pgs
    pgs
    Double Kingsley_114_GOT_IT.pgs
  • Member, Beta Tester
    THANKS!!!!!!!!! Have a good trip!
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Richard, I know you're not big on playing games that have already been won, but #112 really was a challenging game. I think you would enjoy it when you get back from holiday.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Good one Ken. Got it to 64 after a bit of hassle. Will try it again later.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Got it after a struggle. Refusing the JD right at the start was what finally worked. Certainly a stern challenge. Thanks. You did exceptionally well to win it.
    pgs
    pgs
    Double Kingsley_112_Nice.pgs
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Try #225 Ken. Looks promising particularly after a glut of losers.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    49 so far. What's your best score?
  • edited August 2012 Member, Beta Tester
    Sorry for delay. Have been watching the cycling. Wiggins...Gold___Froome...Bronze.
    I have it recorded as 58 but I'm sure I had a point or three more before I started undoing.

62 after replay. 11 in waste.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Thanks for spoiling it for me! (Who got silver?)
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Sorry, I thought you'd be watching it live Ken. It wasn't Who who got the silver. It was Tony Martin of Germany. :))
  • Member, Beta Tester
    No winners in the 200-250 group! What's happened?
  • Member, Beta Tester
    This isn't an easy game! Kathy, don't try this at home (or anywhere else!)
    Yes. Where the heck are you Kathy? Hope the downturn that you anticipated in you health was just another example of pessimism amongst doctors. They really should consult somebody about that. ;)
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Try #276. The first run-through I got 60.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    56 at the second attempt Ken. Looks winnable but not at 1.12am. Will retry later today.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I got it!
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Excellent work Ken! I get it to 59 and 60 readily enough, but the JS coming out early in the game torpedoes it. I need a rethink......I think.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    In case you're interested...
    pgs
    pgs
    Double Kingsley_276.pgs
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Thanks Ken. Excellent solve.I was practically there. Too engrossed in the Olympics I guess. The cycling is coming back on in about 30 minutes. Did you see this?
    http://news.uk.msn.com/articles.aspx?cp-documentid=250835832
    Comments?
  • Member, Beta Tester
    What a crybaby!
  • Member, Beta Tester
    The home team always does well in the Olympics. And the British (with help from their neighbors) have done just that. I hapoened to see the race between Kenny and Bauge. Bauge missed his chance to overtake Kenny. He stopped and then could not get back up to speed. Sour grapes.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Exactly. The bikes are all inspected and passed as legal prior to racing. All of the winners are drugs tested. Just because Bauge has a drugs history doesn't mean that anyone else has. The Brits all use hot-pants. They have done their homework. They know that they work. Everybody else is at liberty to copy them. He has just drawn more attention to the fact that France is doing badly. What a shame. :)
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I'm still here, but I don't really have any interest in the Olympics which you guys have been mostly talking about. I haven't tried Double Kingsley, so I'll give it a try. I can't wait until we get some new games. I can't find any of the regular games that interest me. One thing came up though that puzzled me. You know how I like to look at statistics. One guy had played and won 25,000 games, and this was just recently. Even if I just played the same game over and over again, I still don't think I could play 25,000 games. I'd end up with carpal tunnel at least. It would seem to me that you'd have to play 24 hours a day. I'm not as fast as others, but it just seems impossible to play that many games and win them all.

BTW, referring to a comment maybe in another post, I think parental control works. It did with us. We obeyed our parents, and it wasn't even that hard to do. Also, it didn't hurt that I went to Catholic school where we learned discipline.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Okay. I've played 1-10 and didn't win any of them. Are any of them winnable?
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I don't think I know how to play this game. I've played 1-20 and lost them all.
    Glad to have you back with us Kathy.
    I agree with you regarding playing 25,000 games of anything. Why? Surely it would become exceedingly boring.
    Double Kingsley is very difficult. Probably not your cup of tea. Markus plays a selection of games that I like. Haystack,Bastion,Seatowers,Tuxedo and Penguin. Give some of them a go again. There is no guarantee that any of the new games will be an improvement on what we already have.
    I did actually say "parental censorship" Kathy. Kids will be shown things by other kids, especially now when they have cell phones that send graphic pictures. There is no way to prevent that. I've nothing whatsoever against parental discipline. In fact there is far too little of it. Discipline in schools is practically non existent too, more's the pity.