Game that would end up with 2 0 1 4

edited February 2014 in General
I used to play a game that ended up with the year and every year it would change. For example, last year the piles would begin with 3 A 2 4 and this year they should begin with 3 A 2 5.

But what is the name? Where can I find it? Am I neglecting details? Sorry to ask but I have gone over the titles of all games and cannot prompt my memory to work...

Answers

• Member, Beta Tester
    Hi waswo
    it is called Anno Domini
    I always play it on January 1st each year

regards Paul
  • Thank you!
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Ok Paul, could you explain more about this game, it sounds interesting, Thanks

Marty
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Just click on the rules for it Marty and you'll get lots of info on it.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Thanks, Unfortunatly what I said and what I ment was not the same thing. I do not have the game, I only have the basic 12 game package. But, more and more it seems that I am going to have to purchase the full games package. I just wanted to know something about it,

Agai
  • Member, Beta Tester
    No problem. Here is what the rules say. You could recreate it using normal playing cards.
    Deck. Medium (80%). Skill/luck balanced.

Object
    To move all the cards to the foundations.
    Layout
    · 4 foundation piles (across top) - build up in suit from the rank of the base card, wrapping from King to Ace as necessary, until each pile contains 13 cards. Each pile must be of a different suit. The base card is determined by the current year. Each card is one rank higher than the corresponding digit of the year, with zeros being represented by Tens. For example, the year 2001 corresponds to the base cards 3, Jack, Jack, 2. When all the cards have been played to the foundations, the final cards will then be 2, Ten, Ten, 1, representing the year.
    · 4 tableau piles (below foundations) - build down by alternate color. Move groups of cards if they are in sequence down by alternate color. Spaces can be filled by any card or legal group of cards. At the start of the game 1 card is dealt to each pile.
    · stock (top left, face down) - turn over 1 card at a time, by clicking. Two redeals.
    · waste (next to stock) - Top card always available for play on the tableau or foundations.
    History
    Anno Domini is a modification of a century old game.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Thank You Sir lol, I will have to try that, sound fun, but you are making it harder and harder for me NOT to buy the full version. I already play more then I should just with the freecell, Anywhere from 5 to 10 games a day

Marty