New Server

This forum has moved to a new server.

Any posts in the approximately one to two hours of transition were lost. I don't think anyone posted anything during that time, however.

Instead of copying over the code from the old server, I did a completely clean installation of the latest version of the forum software and then copied over the database with all the posts and data. This is not how a server move of this software is supposed to be done, but it appears to have worked. There may be some differences between how the software works on the new server and how it worked on the old.

We will see if this fixes anything or just creates new problems.

Comments

• Administrator, Beta Tester
    This is a test of the file upload plugin on the new server.image
    ss_triplepeaks.jpg
    500 x 362 - 70K
    hmmm, again.image
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I like it. my color scheem just went from all white to Black, but it looks good

Marty
    I am screwing around with the theme, I'm not sure what I like best.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Oh well, I think it is great
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Just my two cents, I like both,
    Yeah, the black theme looked nice, but I'm not sure how good white text on black would look long term.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    you got a point there. see ya later, its 12:30 midnight here, going to bed. good luck, thanks for getting the new server, Either one looks great to me

L8er Marty
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Both look good to me.
    How do you log out of this forum? I think I've tried practically everything.
    On this theme, there is a little gear thing in the upper right corner, click on that, select "Sign Out" from the menu.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Magic. Thanks.
  • Member, Moderator, Beta Tester
    As of this post, my "little gear thing", as well as the star for bookmarks, and a few other interface graphics, are missing (replaced with little squares reading 'F005' or similar). At the bottom, the forum says that it was "Built with " followed by a little 'F004' square, instead of the Vanilla logo that used to be there. It looks like the 'Top Posters' section needs a little aesthetic help, too.

Otherwise, everything seems to be working great (including the ability, as moderator, to properly delete an attached file, which capability did not work with the old Vanilla forum).

Gregg :(|)
    OK, everything is working now, in all major browsers. I thought that it could just have been a Firefox caching issue here, until I noticed that 'Top Posters' is gone, so you must have fixed it very quickly. Thanks! :)
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I cannot upload a profile picture. It's the correct size and format. I get "No file selected" or "Upload failed" every time I try.
    In case anybody cares, the weird little boxes that I was seeing were because my browser (actually, NoScript) was blocking @font-face, which HTML feature is apparently responsible for some of the smaller graphics here. Once I unchecked the "Forbid @font-face" option, those boxes went away.

As far as the profile pictures are concerned, I will have to leave that entirely to Thomas. I do not want to experiment, because I need to retain my (working) profile picture. :)
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Thanks for sowing the seed Gregg. I logged on with Internet Explorer instead of Google Chrome. Job done at first attempt.
  • edited February 2015 Administrator, Beta Tester
    It may have been a permissions issue - I changed permissions on some of the folders earlier, that probably fixed it.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I think I like the white background with black text.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Me too Mike.