Blue Jacket

Comments

• edited February 2015 Member, Beta Tester
    You can relax now Mike. The beast has been slain. It took a long time.image
    Not entirely sure if the attachment has been successful. Will try an download it myself and see what happens.
    pgs
    pgs
    Blue Jacket_495_Very.pgs
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Okay. I've got it.
    You click on the logo above and another window will open with the following on it. (See attachment).
    Ignore the content I've crossed out. Copy and paste the part I've ticked.
    Abort that. Attachment refuses to upload. I got the same messages yesterday when I tried to upload a profile picture.
    Will email you the attachments and further instructions.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Trying again. Previous attempt was with a .png image. New one is a jpeg. Hoping that works.imageimage
    Got both types to upload now. Takes a bit of getting used to.
    How2.png
    844 x 365 - 39K
    How.PNG
    844 x 365 - 40K
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Copy the bit above that I've ticked and paste it into where I've ticked in the attachment here. It appears to be doing nothing but will work after 30+ seconds.image
    How now.PNG
    1060 x 704 - 386K
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Thanks Richard. I still had problems downloading the solution. Finally got it to work. I never would have thought about several of the moves you made. After a while I just get to confused. And cannot come up with new moves.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    It confused the hell out of me for a very long time too Mike. I got a big buzz out of winning it.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    In effect Gregg's method is the same as mine. I just got you to copy the address on this page. You then have to paste it in where I told you. Two ways to do it now Mike. I think you'll need to take a nap immediately :))
  • Member, Beta Tester
    No nap. Tonight we went to the Opera. In Los Angeles 30+ miles there and 30+ home. After arriving at the Music Center. I discovered I had no wallet. Assumed I had left it at home. Drove home. No wallet. There was a message on the phone. My wallet had been found and turned in. So back I drove and picked it up. It 2am. I will be up for a while yet. But the Opera was very good.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Was is stolen by the Pirates of Penzance?
    The solution to the problem of losing things could be opera glasses.
  • edited March 2015 Member, Beta Tester
    Real Opera! Not that G&S stuff! (which I happen to like)
    And. Oddly enough. It was renting a pair of opera glasses. That I discovered my wallet was missing.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Which Opera was it
  • Member, Beta Tester
    The Barber Of Seville. Everyone was terrific. After working on 50+ operas over the years. I finally got to watch one.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Not the Fat Tum of the Opera?
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Perhaps that's the way you say Phantom in Scottish. Or is that Pict?
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Hand Pict.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Pict this. #507. Good luck!
    Thanks. :)
    pgs
    pgs
    Blue Jacket_507_Pict_your_perfect.pgs
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Thanks Richard. You did it again. (now go clean it up)
    #569. Hope you can find a way.

I got it. So I guess it wasn't so tough.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Definitely not an easy one Mike. Getting it right took a bit of working out. Thanks for posting it. It was a pleasant change from playing Forwards & Backwards. I've tasked myself with playing 1000 of those per day. Still on schedule on day 11. Mind-numbingly boring but at least I can "play" it using peripheral vision whilst watching TV. You know when the cards have stopped moving onto the foundations.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    #592. I thought for sure I was going to have to call for assistance. But I got it.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Another brilliant Blue Jacket Mike Thanks for posting it. I think BJ is the best game we've been offered in a long time. I hope other players are giving it a try. The difficult ones you are posting are particularly worth playing.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I'm exhausted just reading the rules!
  • Member, Beta Tester
    In a nutshell, these are the rules Ken.
    Top row....... Two to start every pile. followed by 5, 8 and then Jack.
    Middle row....Threes then 6, 9 and then queen
    Bottom row..... Fours then 7, 10 and the king.
    Aces can be discarded into the waste pile but it is good tactics to keep them in the tableau until you can replace them with a two, three or four depending on which row the aces are in. Any aces that are in the Reserve row are put into the waste immediately.
    If you have a Two in the second row and a Three in the top row you can click either of them and they'll change places. You can do likewise with any duos that are in the wrong row. 2&3, 2&4, and 3&4.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I do enjoy this game. I think because it moves quickly. At least until you hot a tough one. And it seems to take just enough thought per move to keep me trying. And I think Richard's solve on #440 was really great.
    I've got another one. #628
    I can rely on you Mike! Another little stinker. Thanks. :)
    It is winnable and you've won more difficult ones in my opinion. Give it another go today. The cards I left in the reserve at the start of the game were, 5H, 6C and JH. You're on your own now. :)
    If you need another hint just let me know.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Finally! Got it! Thanks Richard. It had me stumped.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    #689. I got it. But give it a try.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Another difficult one Mike. Thanks for posting it.