Blue Jacket

Comments

• edited March 2015 Member, Beta Tester
    #720. It gave me some trouble. I got it.

But #721 is different. I'm stuck!
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Solution attached Mike. Another brain teaser. :)
    pgs
    pgs
    Blue Jacket_721.pgs
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Thanks Richard. I stumbled to the solution. Knowing it was winnable helped a lot.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    #731. This one will be tough. I have no clue.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    That was a BAD one Mike. So many components to get into the correct positions to make winning possible. I had plenty of fun with it anyway. :)
    pgs
    pgs
    Blue Jacket_731_won.pgs
  • Member, Beta Tester

Thanks Richard. I never would have solved it.
  • edited April 2015 Member, Beta Tester
    #790. I have no clue!

Still didn't have a clue. But I solved it. Funny. Sometimes you give up. Then try again. And it gets solved.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    You have more of a clue than you think Mike. That was another difficult one. Well done.
    Testing uploads in this thread.
    Success. It would appear that it's just the Forwards and Backwards thread that is having problems.
    BJ.PNG
    582 x 46 - 2K
  • Member, Beta Tester
    #808. This one has got to give you problems!
  • Member, Beta Tester
    It sure did Mike. I started it when the news came on at 8am. I had it won by 9.05am. So sixty-five minutes. It could have been a bit less but I was paying some attention to the news stories simultaneously.
    pgs
    pgs
    Blue Jacket_808_Nasty.pgs
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Once again you made it look easy. But you could at least have taken another thirty minutes to do it.
    Okay Mike. My clock had stopped. It was really 9.35. Maybe even 10.35. :)
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Mike, just think how quickly he could have won it if he was paying attention!
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Yea, but what Richard has told us, he is to poor to PAY ATTENTION. :)) >:)
  • Member, Beta Tester
    How quickly he could have won it. Probably five minutes. I would still be working on it. No I wouldn't. I would have tossed it. I have to find one that he can't solve.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I'm not sure if I could have won it very much faster than I did. My tactic is to give it my best shot on the first run through. Then I take a mental note of which suit is clogging up the tableau, and which suit is most numerous in the last 16 cards of the stock. That dictates which 2's 3's and 4's I introduce into the tableau when there is a choice of available ones.
    I really like Blue Jackets. (I almost abbreviated that. :x ). I look forward to your contributions to the thread Mike. Hope you can find me some that take me several hours to win Not sure you'll manage to find me a loser though.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    #847. I will let you figure it out. I can't.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    You'll need to move to a different time zone Mike. You're ruining my beauty sleep. :)>-
    pgs
    pgs
    Blue Jacket_847-EZ.pgs
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I don't believe it!
  • Member, Beta Tester
    #926. It should give you some trouble. It is giving me a lot.

Got it. But as usual. I don't know how.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    What with this Blue Jacket and your recent hole-in-one, perhaps you should try your hand at hustling pool Mike. =))
    Another superb BJ. You did well to win it.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Oh Richard, What you said (LOL)
  • Member, Beta Tester
    BJ=Blue Jacket. Good grief Marty.
    NOW!!! who was thinking in the gutter??? Ha ha ha. I was thinking about Black Jack (21)
    Marty's right, Mike, you do have a dirty mind! I was thinking Billy Joel ("Only the Good Die Young")
  • Member, Beta Tester
    To bring this back to reality. I have finished the first 1000 hands. With a lot of help from Richard. No losers.
    My first few tries with this game were not good. I didn't understand it. So not a perfect score. But with the next thousand. I hope to do better.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    You have done really well Mike. It is a brilliant game but it does take you a while to get your head round the tactics required to win it. You must have encountered quite a few difficult ones that you won without any assistance from me. I hope you find lots more really nasty ones. I love pitting my wits against them. Well done Mike.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    #1012 should give you a tussle. It's giving me one.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Another good one Mike. We still have a 100% win rate though. :)
    pgs
    pgs
    Blue Jacket_1012.pgs