Blue Jacket

Comments

• Member, Beta Tester
    I put in the wrong number. It should have been #1011.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Much harder but still winnable.
    pgs
    pgs
    Blue Jacket_1011-tough.pgs
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Thanks. I just kept missing the right moves.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    For Marty.
    If you click on an uploaded solution you will see a whole lot of figures that maen nothing to any of us. However, in the Address Bar you will see the following.
    http://www.goodsol.net/forum/vanilla/uploads/Uploader/14/26d05af8845e548e1ed45b238fd035.pgs
    Copy this link. You will have to paste it elsewhere in a minute.
    Open PGS as normal and select Blue Jacket from the games list. You will now have a Blue Jacket game on your screen. You can safely ignore it even if it is a game you've partially played. It will not appear as a loser in your stats. At the top left hand corner of your screen you'll see, Game, Options, Internet and Help.
    Click on Game and select "Open Game" from the drop down menu. A window will appear. At the bottom of it you'll see a long empty box called "File Name". Paste the link into that box and click on OK. It will grey over and appear to be doing nothing for a minute or two. It will then load on your PC. You should immediately go back up to the top left and select "Game" again. This time select "Save as" from the menu. You will then have your own permanent copy of the saved game. Click Undo repeatedly and you can take it right back to the start. Then clicking Redo will allow you to see every move that was played.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Thanks Richard, I actuly did the game, I think I know what to do, now just have to get the strad. down
  • Member, Beta Tester
    #1066. A memorable year. And I hope a bit of a challenge for you. I got it.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Thanks Mike. 1066 was a bit of a battle. Eye had more fun than poor Harold.
    On my third attempt I reached the unusual screenshot position.
    Battle.PNG
    1571 x 790 - 772K
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I'm glad that I didn't get to that position. I was almost ready to hand it over to you to solve.
    Harold should have been a real leader and said "go get em guys". Instead of battling himself.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    This was a HARD one Mike. It makes no difference to me how anyone managed to win it. To win it was an accomplishment. You did very well.
    My strategy of identifying the suit that is causing the greatest problems worked well again. It can taske two or three restarts but it usually does the trick.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I was looking for a challenging Blue Jacket and I think 37322961 fits the bill. See what you make of it. It is winnable but should keep you on your toes.
    You've been unusually quiet of late Mike. Has Debbie grounded you? :)
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Nothing to chat about. But it looks like I have lost my Ford F-150. Transmission went out. And my wife has some plan that I am not in favor of. I really like my truck. But it is time for it to go.
    I will try the Blue Jacket game. I have finished a couple of difficult ones. But they didn't seem challenging enough for you.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Got the Blue Jacket.
    Update on my truck. At the moment. It will get repaired. Things could change later.
  • edited May 2015 Member, Beta Tester
    Well done my friend. How difficult was it? I've been so busy with the garden makeover that I'm too tired to think straight. Only about 40% finished. Omg.
    Best of luck with the old jalopy Mike. (From one old trucker to another). ;)
  • Member, Beta Tester
    The Blue Jacket was hard. Being pre-warned made it a little easier. Still. None like that other one.
    $2,250. Really too much money to lay out. There went a trip to Scotland again.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Bummer re the cost of the vehicle repairs Mike. However it works out at about 45 bucks per week if you just get another year out of it. The longer you keep it after that, the cheaper it will become. It's obviously important to you, so you should just grin and bear it. That's life.
    I don't recall posing for that picture Ken. Another indication of old timers disease.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    And remember Ken, that is better then a $ 3 or 400.00 monthly payment for 3 to 6 years on a new truck. I had to replace mine in Feb. it is paid for and the truck has been paid for since 2001. Have had it since 1997
  • Member, Beta Tester
    For a vehicle that has less than 140,000 miles on it. I have had to do a lot of work on it. The timing chain went out and took stuff with it. Put almost all new front end suspension in. Fuel pump. Rebuilt engine. And of course breaks, tires and fluid changes. Some of that was done when it was less than 90,000 miles. But I still like it.
  • edited June 2015 Member, Beta Tester
    Work it out at cost per mile Mike. Won't sound too bad then.

It's a cold, windy, rainy day. Not quite as bad as yesterday though. The irony is that yesterday was the official start of "summer". As a result I went looking for a bad Blue Jacket. I found 639170112. I've not managed to beat it yet but it hasn't been for the lack of trying. See how you fare against it.
    Maybe not as bad as I thought. Winnable.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    No problem with your number. But. Being warned helps.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    You're far better at BlueJ than you give yourself credit for Mike. I hope you found it a pleasant change from the one way traffic of numbers from you to me. I hope you find some stinkers soon. :))
  • Member, Beta Tester
    #1367. Good luck with this one!
  • edited July 2015 Member, Beta Tester
    Bad one Mike. Took 42 minutes.
    You've been too quiet lately. Everything okay?
    pgs
    pgs
    Blue Jacket_1367.pgs
  • edited July 2015 Member, Beta Tester
    Everything is as usual.
    I haven't done your solution yet. I can't get over the fact that you solved it. I hope I gave you the right number. I will have to double check.
    You solved another one. As usual I am kicking myself for not trying the things you did.
    I will keep trying to find the unbeatable one.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Glad the only problems you're having are PGS ones Mike. :)
    That was a very difficult game you posted. I even muted the TV to get to grips with it. I'm beginning to think that we will never find an un-winnable one. They must exist but it's like the proverbial needle in the haystack. I'm glad you intend to keep looking.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Oh. I could list a bunch of problems. But I am turning over a new leaf. I will keep them to myself. Other folks have much bigger problems than mine. My own do bother me. But I am trying to keep them in perspective. Except my golf tournament the other day. I played terrible. But ended up winning back my entry fee. But it still was awful.
    I encounter some tough Blue Jackets. But if I can sort them out. Then would not be a challenge for you. Will keep searching.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I think he's selfish won't share
  • Member, Beta Tester
    A translation would be beneficial. :-??
  • Member, Beta Tester
    You mean "google" won't translate it?
  • Member, Beta Tester
    "Oh. I could list a bunch of problems. But I am turning over a new leaf. { I will keep them to myself }"

Butler is selfish