Blue Jacket

Comments

• Member, Beta Tester
    You're welcome Marty. I posted it this way because you asked for hints rather than a solution.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Agreed 100%
  • Member, Beta Tester
    OK, How about a little help on BJ #51, I am missing something on the first 3 or 4th deal. seems to take that many deals before I can move some cards,, Thanks
  • Member, Beta Tester
    It will take at least four deals. But as you get to the end. You can move cards around and win it.
    I forget if you can load a saved hand or not. But I have not had much luck in posting them anyway. You can get it.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Ok, I give, I have played the game (#51) so many times that I now can not see the mistake, I have played at least 30 games and the most that I can get is 51.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I still can't upload a solution. But see if this helps at all.
    Blue Jacket #51.1.JPG
    1904 x 1033 - 373K
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Glad you mentioned game #51 in your post at 12.12 above Marty.
    Attaching a partial solution and also the full one. There is no point in keeping playing any game if all you are doing is winding yourself up. I know you want to learn all of the ins and outs ouf these games so hopefully these uploads will give you all of the ammo you need.
    pgs
    pgs
    Blue Jacket_51_part.pgs
    pgs
    pgs
    Blue Jacket_51.pgs
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Mike, let's get your upload problem sorted out right now. Clearly you know how to get screenshots to upload, so the problem must be that you cannot FIND the files you want to upload. This is how I do it.
    Open Blue Jacket and place your cursor onto the blue band at the very top. See my screenshot. Hold your cursor down with your left mouse button and drag everything over to the right.
    Now click on "Game" at the top left of your screen and choose "Open game" from the menu. You'll be able to see the game you want to upload. Put your cursor onto it and drag it out of the window onto your desktop (or whatever). Then you'll br able to locate it for uploading.
    We are all waiting for you to upload a solution beneath this one. The newspapers and TV channel news have all been notified.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Forgot my screenshots. Old age doesn't come itself.
    01.PNG
    922 x 552 - 299K
    02.PNG
    818 x 519 - 282K
    03.PNG
    801 x 662 - 227K
    04.PNG
    606 x 384 - 67K
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Ok guys, need some more help if you would please, BJ #87, the 2's and 9's get buried. I can get all the 2's except 2 of them, the Nines, just can not get too them, always about 5 buried at the end. My highest score is 66. again, any help please Marty
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I'm stumped too. I thought we got all of these.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    That is a pretty nasty Blue Jacket Marty. Two partials attached. See if you can win it without opening the more advanced one. It will not be easy. Good luck.
    pgs
    pgs
    Blue Jacket_87_Marty.pgs
    pgs
    pgs
    Blue Jacket_87_M2.pgs
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Did we start at #50 for some reason?
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Mike, Unless you are talking about the "Royal we", (ie you), the answer is no. I have saved games of all of the low numbers. :)
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Okay. I just don't remember that tough a hand early on.

And yes I am a Royal. A Royal Idiot!
  • Member, Beta Tester
    If you are talking about #87, it is still tough, Even with both partials I can not get it. I can not get that last two up there. need a little more help Please. :(( :((
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I did warn that #87 was a very difficult one. Attaching three more partials. You will still have trouble finishing the game.
    pgs
    pgs
    Blue Jacket_87_3.pgs
    pgs
    pgs
    Blue Jacket_87_4.pgs
    pgs
    pgs
    Blue Jacket_87_5.pgs
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Got it with the first one, Instead of putting the 10D from the 2 line to the 4 line, I was trying to bring it all of the way down to Tab. I did not even think about putting it in the 7D on the 4 line. When you are OLD boy am I OLD

Thanks Marty
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Don't worry about it Marty. I probably did the same a few times before I worked out that I was making problems for myself.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Hay guys, I just finished BJ #95, how high do I need to get in order to catch up with all of you
  • Member, Beta Tester
    You don't have to get high. Just solve 1500 more.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    #1786 was a little testy. But I got it.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Hell, i'll never do that many
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Why inflict that on yourself anyway Marty? How about telling us some of your losing numbers in Freecell? We could try and sort some of them out. Could be fun.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Off Topic :-* , BUT, between the old .goodsol, and the new .pgs I have played 5336 straight games with no loss that I could find. I do know their is at least one that can not be won, but I do not remember which one it is. In order to keep it straight I started the .pgs from 5001 and of course ended the .goodsol at 5000.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Ok, I'm back again, BJ #124, both 6H and a 4s are buried in the reserve in the first 3 deals, I can not seem to find a way to get back to them. I have been on this game for 3 days now. did not want to have to ask for help again, but here I am. Thanks
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Please ask for help as often as you want Marty. It's not a problem. Or should I say it's not usually a problem? I don't have this game saved and I am watching a movie on the box just now. Thank God for adverts. Posting a partial from practically the start of the game where I have got a 4S into the tableau. Hope this is just the help you require. Will play the entire game later. Please let me know how you get on.
    pgs
    pgs
    Blue Jacket_124_4S.pgs
    226B
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Here is a partial with a 3H and a 6H in the tableau. Hopefully you'll not require my full solution.
    pgs
    pgs
    Blue Jacket_124_part.pgs
    pgs
    pgs
    Blue Jacket_124_won.pgs
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Christ, the first Partial did it, that one move, NOT swapping the 4 in the 3 row with the 3 in the 4 row, That was always my first moves. get the cards in the proper rows. Damn ONE move and the rest went down like a house of cards. Thanks OH MIGHTY ONE ^:)^ ^:)^
  • Member, Beta Tester
    You're welcome Marty. You've also learned a valuable lesson. Frequently the damage is done in the first couple of deals. Ken used to say that he kept repeating the same moves in Triple Interchange and expected to get a different result. Search for alternative moves as early in the games as possible.