Blue Jacket

Comments

• Member, Beta Tester
    I will and I know what ken means, I seem to do that a lot also. you get so focused that you don't realize that you are doing the same moves all of the time
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Just finished my 200th game, are there any looser 201 to 500, Just wandering,

Marty
  • Member, Beta Tester
    All winnable Marty.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Marty, just wandering? Do we have to put out a Silver Alert on you?
  • Member, Beta Tester
    You know you just might have to, I seem to be wandering around a lot here lately,
    BTW Are there any now winnable BJ???
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Marty, we have never found a single BJ that we couldn't win. I think Mike played the first 2000 before he quit. Therefore it would be a good idea if you started playing from 2001 upwards. It would be interesting to see if you could unearth an unwinnable one.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Marty, why don't you play Blue Jacket #2001 and above. You may be able to find an unwinnable one.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Marty, I had a good idea about Blue Jacket, but I've forgotten what it was.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Marty, now you know what it's like living with my mom...
  • edited October 2015 Member, Beta Tester
    I think what Richard was tryin g to say was. Start at #2001. (several times)

I am actually at #1789. So Marty. Start from there. I you chose to that is.
  • edited October 2015 Member, Beta Tester
    What number are you on Mike? Where would you suggest Marty starts? ;)
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Why not try #1790. It will work as good as any. That's #1790 or 0971# for any dyslexics out there like me.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Ken and I were just messing around Mike. Marty forgot that he has asked the same question about winning Blue Jackets a few times. Just as well I'm perfect eh? :)
    Not sure if you were messing about too with suggesting #1790 as a difficult one. Now that Marty has got his eye in I don't think it will give him too much trouble.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Well I don't care what any of you say, I am going to start at 1790 all of you can suggest 1790 all you want but I am my own man so I am starting at 1790 and don't try to talk me out of it =)) =)) =)) Oh I am so funny =)) =))
  • Member, Beta Tester
    It will be interesting Marty. We don't know if all Blue Jackets are winnable. All we can say is that all Blue Jackets we've played so far are winnable.. I'd love it if you could unearth one that has us stumped.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    will try
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Looking forward to it. \:D/
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Ok, Played 25 games so far 1790 - 1815, no loosers, I will continue to play but I do not believe that there are any loosers. I bekieve that this is a 100%
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Marty. I'm certain that I could easily create tableaux using packs of cards that would be unwinnable. The easiest way to illustrate this would be to remove all of the aces, twos,threes and fours from the decks. Shuffle the rest of them and deal out a tableau. There will be no moves. You would have to deal more cards from the stock. None of them would be playable either. You'd continue dealing useless cards until you reached the end of the stock and were obliged to deal the aces etc. They too would be useless as there would be nowhere for them to go. You would land up with a score of zero.
    I would not be surprised if 97%+ of Blue Jackets are winnable, but it cannot be 100%.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I'm sure you could create the game that is not winnable, but will that game ever show up. How many games are there before they repeat ? but I should not have said 100%, like I said, I will keep playing this and freecell.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    The chances of finding an unwinnable one are slim Marty, but they will exist. There also must be many that are extremely difficult to win. Mike already found one of those. He also found quite a few very difficult ones. Now that I've considered that I think that unwinnable ones must be a lot rarer than I told you previously. It may be just one game in twenty thousand or so.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    mike what games did you find
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I did find some tough ones. But I have no idea what numbers they were. You could go back and read all the posts. What was the real hard one? Do you remember? Richard.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    No Mike. I'd just have to trawl through the Blue Jacket thread until I saw your comments about a particular number. I looked through my saved games and I have #808 marked as nasty. That is possibly it but no guarantee.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Marty, there are 2,147,483,647 different variations of each game in PGS. Since there are over 2 billion deals of the same game, they would never repeat. (You find out this number by selecting 1 as the game # and then hitting the down arrow next to it.)
  • Member, Beta Tester
    #440. That was the hardest so far. I still think it was an amazing solve by Richard.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Thanks will try both of them
  • edited November 2015 Member, Beta Tester
    I'm baffled Mike. I'd looked through the thread earlier because I didn't believe that #808 really was the one that gave us grief.
    I cannot figure out why the Blue Jacket thread started at #495. Where did my solution vanish to? I don't have it saved. I always thought there was no point in keeping any that I had uploaded.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Relax. I had a partial for it. Have won it again from there.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Please don't loose 808 partial, I won 440, I am working on 808 now, it does seem to be a bear