Blue Jacket

Comments

• Member, Beta Tester
    Ok I give up again, I thought I was pretty good but 808 has me, how about a little help please
  • Member, Beta Tester
    The solve for #808 is on page 2 of this thread.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Thanks all, just used a partial,
  • Member, Beta Tester
    OK Might have one for you #1877, how about some help, give you a rest on Give and Take
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I'm somewhat wasted at the minute Marty. Looking forward to tackling your beast tomorrow. It's almost midnight.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Thanks Richard
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Richard is going to have his hands full with that one. Good luck. I can get nowhere.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Thank you Marty. That WAS an absolute cracker! 95 minutes to completion, despite still being somewhat under the weather. Practically pointless trying to give pointers as there will be massive permutations of possible moves even after a fairly advanced one. But, what the hell, can you win it from here? I will post the full solution if/when you ask me to. Good luck.
    pgs
    pgs
    Blue Jacket_1877_marty.pgs
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Richard, thank you, been working on that one for two days, I hate to give up, I did finish it from there but I am now going back to see where I went wrong. ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ to the King
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Thanks Marty. That was a monster. I don't think that you "went wrong" any more than I did. It took me a while to figure out that I'd to keep the 4D in the top row until near the end of the game. This was the only way I could manage to get other cards into the tableau that were more critical. I doubt if you'll find another BJ that will be as difficult. I sincerely hope I'm wrong about that prediction though.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I know my biggest problem, I can not remember all of the moves that I made during the game so that I can go back the next time around and change them. Oh I remember some of them but not all. I need to make a sheet up for each draw to remember what the layout of each card is. Thanks again
  • Member, Beta Tester
    What I do is save at several points in the hand. We use different methods. Mine is to save using .1 and point .2 and so on. Like hand #1877.1 then #1877.2 you can have as many save points as you want.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I use saved partials too, but curiously less so with Blue Jacket.If I get a column cleared I tend to save that position. I suppose my chief tactic is to look at the tableau when I have ground to a halt at the end of a game. Often there will be a particular suit that is more abundant. I think it was Hearts in this particular game that were clogging up the cells. I undid until I found a 3H and then further back still until I could undo a move that I'd made in the second tier. This meant that when I played through the game from there I had a ready-made move that gave me a space to put the 3H into. I hope I've managed to explain that adequately.
  • edited November 2015 Member, Beta Tester
    Attaching my latest winners. I appear to have failed with #2290. Well done Mike.
    I've been pretty consistent in saving solved games recently so I should be able to provide partials for you Ken. I've taken a shine to G&T. Winnable ones aren't exactly abundant but they occur often enough to stop me getting bored with the game.
    Project for today is to find how I can group my winners in numerical order. The PGS software only allows me to get the winners into a group,
    wins.PNG
    262 x 116 - 4K
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Thanks guys I can use the little tips
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I think you need to lay off the Guiness, Richard. I think you meant to put that above post in the Give and Take thread?
  • Member, Beta Tester
    well we all have to Give and Take some
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Yes Ken. I thought that my post had vanished. There are precedents. That's how I landed up making two posts. I'm watching the TV simultaneously so only half of my on what I'm attempting to do.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Ok, oh! mighty one, how about BJ 1966. Got any help
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Thanks Marty. I'll happily accept #1966 as a belated birthday present.. Pleased to tell you that our BJ winning percentage is still 100% Took me about two hours.
    pgs
    pgs
    Blue Jacket_1966_won.pgs
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Thanks Oh! mighty one, and another one bites the dust
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Ok, oh! mighty one, how about BJ 2036 . Got any help ^:)^
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Happy New Year to you my friend.
    I thought that this one could be the beating of me Marty. However, in the time-honoured tradition of American sporting achievement ,(ie The World Series), I can still profess to be the Blue Jacket World Champion. =))
    pgs
    pgs
    Blue Jacket_2036.pgs
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Richard, any truth to the rumor that your New Year's Resolution is to be more humble?

• edited January 2016 Member, Beta Tester
    You are confusing irony with vanity Ken. The fact that only two nations appear to be competing in Blue Jacket bears a striking resemblance to your World Series. Therefore by the U'S definition I must indeed be the World Champion. \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
    Hoist by your own petard I believe. :)
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Hey, who are you calling a petard?
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Not getting into that one, Richard is undisputed champion of BLUE JACKET
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I'm not sure you have reached the petard level yet Ken. I think you will be just a tard for a couple more months.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    A tard as opposed to a pet, appears to be what Mike is suggesting Ken.. :)

Marty has had the good sense not to rise to the bait
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I always thought there was something fishy about Marty...