New Members Approved

According to the Facebook page some new members have been approved for the Forum. We'll have to be on our best behaviour and restrict our more dubious jokes to emails. :)
We need new members here desperately so let's make them welcome.

Comments

• Member, Beta Tester
    Telling us to behave really killed the mood, Richard...
  • Member, Beta Tester
    We always behave, don't we????
  • Member, Beta Tester
    So who does that leave? :)
  • Member, Beta Tester
    You're up early, Richard, going to church?
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Yes Ken, 5.40am! I'm in shock. Liz had left a window open overnight, and it was making a door creak constantly. Guess that's what woke me. I couldn't believe my eyes when I came through here and saw the time.
    Unless the church has started selling beer, the answer to your question is "No". (That was a joke for those who are not familiar with my own individual concept of humour).
  • Member, Beta Tester
    And knowing Richard as well as I do, my question was a joke also!
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Sorry for the belated reply Ken. It was a particularly long sermon today. ;)
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Was it this sermon, Richard?

The sermon
    Hymn #365
    A minister was completing a temperance sermon with a great emphasis he said, “If I had all of the beer in the world, I’d take it and pour it into the river,”
    With even greater emphasis he said, “If I had all of the wine in the world, I’d take it and pour it into the river.”
    And then finally, shaking his fist in the air, he said, ”And if I had all of the whiskey in the world, I’d take it and pour it into the river.”
    Sermon completed, he sat down.
    The song leader stood very cautiously and announced with a smile, nearly laughing, “For our closing song let us sing Hymn #365, “Shall we gather at the river.”
    Smile; Life is short…

See you at the river,
    (Courtesy of Marty aka Thor)
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Yes that may have been it.
    I lived in Aberdeen for a long time as you probably already know. It has two rivers running through it. The Dee and the Don. Curiously Aberdeen was named after a stream that also flows through the city, the Den. Aber (at the mouth of the ) Den. Very economical in the use of letters the Aberdonians. The Dee, the Don and the Den. Miserable gits. :)
  • Member, Beta Tester
    See I told you we are always good, don't know for what, BUT we are good
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I'm sure glad more new members were approved or this board would be dead!
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Remember as long as there is one poster, the board is not dead :)) :))
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Is the board member a bored member? THORughly bored ?
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Richardiculously bored!
  • edited May 2015 Member, Beta Tester
    No, no. I would be riDickulously bored after a toKen post from a sMarty. But today is Thorsday. Roll on opening time. @-)
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Don't be shy, Richard. Step up to the Mike and tell us how you really feel...
  • Member, Beta Tester
    You see he does care
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Marcus my words, he cares about all us!
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Did you mean ME? marKus? Cen
  • Member, Beta Tester
    But can you can-can? ........... in lederhosen ? :))
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Yes, i Kann-Kann! ....... in leather trousers! :D
  • Member, Beta Tester
    That's a photo we'd love to see. :))
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Speak for yourself!
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I had this contact via Facebook after helping a guy with his game. His name is Joel Young.
    "I've just registered with the user name islander57. :) Thanks!"

I hope he will contribute to our madcap discussions etc. \:D/
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I got the following email this morning from Joel Young (mentioned above).
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "A week later and no approval for the forums. :(
    Just tried to sign in anyway and I get this message: "Sorry, no account could be found related to the email/username you entered."
    At 56 years old am I too young for you guys? LOL".
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    It's frustrating that people want to join us but appear to be unable to. :-?
  • Administrator, Beta Tester
    If you can contact him, have him apply again.

The problem is that there are hundreds of spam applications every day, but only rarely is there a real one.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Yes Thomas. I thought that would be the case. They are a damned nuisance. You could actually contact him yourself if you want. You can find him in the Goodsol Facebook page under the Big Bertha thread. He sounds okay to me. I'll contact him myself irrespective of whether you do or not. Thanks.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Have contacted him again in the Facebook thread. Joel Young is his name. He has a good sense of humour.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    But is his sense of humor good enough for us? :))
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I think so Mike. When he said he is 56 I told him that he'd have to get a note from a parent or guardian saying that he has permission to enrol. He replied that he'd get one from his wife as she is older that he is. :)