How to copy PGS Data file from iMac to new iMac?

In 4 or 5 years, I'll eventually have to get a new iMac (I have had this current new iMac since May 2011). I got PGS from the MacAppstore by the way just in case you asked.....if I wanted to save my progress and not having to start over on the next iMac after I put PGS on there, .how would I transfer (would copy the folder on a USB "I have one") the data from my current to the next Mac when I get one? Which folder do I copy?

Comments

• Member, Moderator, Beta Tester
    The data from the Mac App Store versions is currently stored in the following "sandboxed" location:

~/Library/Containers/com.goodsol.PrettyGoodSolitaire/Data/Library/Pretty Good Solitaire

However, because Apple determines where the sandbox is (and who plays in it :) ), there are no guarantees that this will stay consistent in the future nor that one will be allowed to copy data into this folder.

Gregg :(|)
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Found the folder (forgot to come back to this post, haha). Now I know which to copy the folder to my USB stick but I don't need to do that yet of course. :) My iMac is only 4 years old.