Aces Wild

I saw a post that this game was easy but I find it looks impossible.
you cannot put an ace in a space and with 4 aces there are usually 2 cards buried which you cannot get to.
the only way I can see to win it, is to get an ace dealt into the left most column which can be used to put the other aces onto
it may be that I am missing something but I got to a king under one ace and another king under three aces and I could only get 1 king out but not both.

Comments

• edited December 2016 Member, Beta Tester
    I don't recall seeing a Beta for this one Paul otherwise this would have been picked up. As aces cannot be put into spaces it follows that they must be placed onto other cards thus making it virtually impossible to put the covered cards onto the foundations. You would have to get an ace dealt as the topmost card of at least one column before you could hope to win a game of this.
    I will persist for a bit longer and see if we've got it wrong, but I doubt it.
    EDIT..... Game #3 is winnable for exactly the reason we thought. I won 638454784 earlier today. It had an ace as the top card in column 5. It was the only one I played and just assumed that winning them was a formality. Now we know differently.
    It is a very irritating game to play as clicking to move cards always dumps them onto an ace (if one is available) when there are better and more logical places to put them.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Just played aces wild, great game seems easy to win, will play a couple more to see if easy
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Certainly not easy to win Marty. Far from it.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Thanks Richard
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I think it would be great game if there was a storage space to hold just one ace. you would be able play all the games knowing that you could win without having to give up as soon as you spot there is no ace as a base card
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Agreed Paul. That's all it would need.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    But the base cards a 2's through king then ace. you can use the ace to move partial columns. seemed easy for me. will try again and let you know
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Just played two games
    pgs
    pgs
    Aces Wild_1.pgs
  • Member, Beta Tester
    You were just lucky Marty. The fourth ace never entered the tableau. That gave you the means to get cards up onto the foundations that you would not have had otherwise.
    I won a couple myself but again those were just down to luck. You have found another scenario that makes Aces Wild winnable. These are rare events. Play a few more and see if you think it's still easy to win.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    It's like that game (Alternations?) where we won the first two and we thought it was easy and then we never won another one!
    ONG Ken. Do you realise what this means? I'm going to have to have another bash at Alterations. :-t

Looks like Paul and I may have been too hasty with Aces Wild and its rating of 30%. I have won 40% of the first 10. Those were 3,7,9 and 10. The latter gave me the most trouble.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I won a large number Game (when you first play the game) plus the first one, will try the ones you missed up to 10
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Ok, you guys are just playing with me, right? I won 2, 4, and 5. easely, I know you guys are better playing these games then I am. This game is easy.
    pgs
    pgs
    Aces Wild_1.pgs
    pgs
    pgs
    Aces Wild_2.pgs
    pgs
    pgs
    Aces Wild_4.pgs
    pgs
    pgs
    Aces Wild_5.pgs
    No. Straight up Marty. You make a far better job of it than I do. Well done. 3,7,9 and 10 should present you with few problems based on that. It's not my type of game really.

Ken, I played Alternations from 100 -115 today. The final game was my only winner. Not bad for a <1% game though. I think I gave up too early on another one I should have won. Will see if I can find it again.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Alternations 115 was a good one! Let me know about that other number...
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Hay guys 15 games and no loosers
    Capture.JPG
    452 x 148 - 25K
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Well done Marty. I just found it irritating. Each to his own.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I think I found one that is not winnable. No. 32
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I think you are correct Marty,and with a score of 32 as well!
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Any game that has all 4 aces turned up in the tableau will be impossiable to win. Exception, if one acs is the last card in that row
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Exactly Marty. We said that a while ago. You are certainly doing far better than the difficulty rating it was given. Nice work.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Just to let ya'll know, out of 100 games only 3 are not winnable...32, 45, 92, highest score is 49 on all 3 of them
  • edited April 12 Member, Beta Tester
    ok, out of 300 only 7 are not winnable, 32, 45, 92, 112, 188, 231, 250, Anyone want to give those 7 a try.
    Ya'll got 90% I got 97% looks good to me
    Marty

Aces Wild 300 games.JPG
    439 x 143 - 18K
  • Member, Beta Tester
    You're the only one who's put in the hours with this game Marty. You know exactly which ones are winnable and which are not (and the reasons why this is the case). There is no point in us wasting time to arrive at the same conclusions. Your trophy is in the post. =D>