FreeCell Plus

Game Number 487199269 - is it winnable, or am I wasting my time? Thanks!

Comments

• Member, Beta Tester
    I'm struggling with it already. Not a single decent column. I'll keep at it. Perhaps Gregg will be able to tell us if it's a known "unwinnable".
  • Member, Beta Tester
    The best I can manage so far is a score of 6. I cannot figure out how more is possible. Too many conflicting problems. Resolving one just compounds another.
    Incidentally for anyone who cannot find Freecell Plus in the games menu, what you are actually looking for is just Freecell. Freecell Plus is the name of the Goodsol collection.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    My best score is a lowly 8. ( 4 spades,2 diamonds,2 clubs). I doubt if there is a way to win this game.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I can score 9. (4 clubs,3 spades , 2 diamonds). I've had enough of it. Out of ideas.
    Solving programs say intractable.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Did you try the other number in thread "Winnable or not" Larry? It also looks like a loser.
    I have to enter the board manually since the numbers in PGS don't match after #1,000,000, will get it done soon.
    Winnable. Solution attached.
    pgs
    pgs
    FreeCell_981610048.pgs
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Congratulations to you and your solver Larry. =D> I actually had the cells and the tableau identical to yours on more that one occasion but didn't spot a critical little play at that point. I should have! In my own defence I doubt if I've played Freecell in over a year.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I play it everyday and did not see those moves. I guess the 9 digit numbers are harder