Crowdsourcing Project: Thread #2

OK, here is the 2nd set of 20 games: (see first thread for details).

Game Name, (Help File Winning Percentage), Average from Online Stats

Alexandria (85%), 91.9%
Algerian Patience (98%), 94.9%
Algiers (40%), 98.2%
Alhambra (<1%), 1.1%
Ali Baba (45%), 49.6%

All in a Row (95%), 0.9% ok, that is a difference
Alliance (10%), 25.8%
Alloway Kirk (5%), 33.4% on 362 games
Alternation (85%), 92.1%
Alternations (<1%), 0.6%

Amazons (40%), 49,2%
American Canister (2%), 2.7%
American Toad (95%), 96.6%
Anno Domini (80%), 83.8%
Antares (95%), 96.5%

Anubis (50%), 43.6%
Aphrodite (50%), 52.8% on 53 games
Apophis (33%), 33.1%
Applegate (12%), 12.7%
Appreciate (5%), 8.7%

Discuss.

Comments

American Canister has a 5.6% win percent without worryback (based on solving program).
    With worryback should be slightly higher- maybe 6-10%?
  • edited March 10 Member, Beta Tester
    Alexandria ------ Likely to be 95% plus
    Algerian Patience --------okay
    Algiers ………..An experienced player should manage 95% plus
    Alhambra …… In climb mode quite easy to get very high scores. Would suggest that a player who played it regularly could cherry-pick 1 or 2%
    Ali Baba……….Mostly luck. Any game where you can clear a column is winnable. With only 8 stock cards winnability is dictated almost entirely by deal. 60% .18 winners from first 30
    All in a row ……..okay
    Alliance …….. Seems reasonable. One winner from first 5
    Alloway Kirk …… Nowhere near as difficult as suggested.. Mostly skill so medium difficulty. 40% wins from 1-20. A second group cherry-picked scored about the same. Little real advantage
    Alternation …….. Can't see how 85% is remotely possible. Highly frustrating and annoying game. No wins from small sample.
    Alternations …….. 3 winners from first 10. Then little success. Maybe 5% more likely.
    Zero skill involved.No choice even to position aces. Cannot be moved thereafter. Small sample scored 40%
    American Canister……. 3 wins from 25 quickly scrutinised cherries = 12%
    American Toad ……...okay
    Anno Domini …….Probably always winnable unless you choose two same colour foundation cards on the occasions they are consecutive. Add as hint?
    Antares……...okay
    Anubis ……. 3 from 10 consecutive. Probably too high at 50%
    Aphrodite…….80% from first 10
    Apropis ……...40% from first 10
    Applegate……..10% from first 10
    Appreciate …….Too irritating for words.Only played first four. #2 is winnable

My percentages are based on climb-mode unless I state otherwise. It obvious that cherry-picking would improve percentages on most of those.
    Error above.
    Should read ..... Amazons:- Zero skill involved. No choice even to position aces. Cannot be moved thereafter. Small sample scored 40%.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    I think it's worthwhile reminding players that Thomas is interested in assessing what the average player can manage to score. Therefore everybody has an equally valid opinion irrespective of how well or how poorly they manage with each game.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Sorry guys, cannot help here, have not played any of these games.
    That's the point Marty. Give them a try and voice your opinions. Make America great again. ;) Just try some of the easier ones perhaps.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    ok, played a couple of games of Alexandria, beat all, looks like 95% is good, some skill is required
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Agree with Richard. Alexandria is correct percent. I need to play some more games.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    You are both very agreeable. Thanks. :)
    Cast your mind back a few months Marty. You didn't want to play Blue Jacket and Aces Up. You became very good at both of them and now enjoy playing them. You may well find more games that are right up your street as we work our way through them all. Scores are not as important as opinions. The idea would appear to be that we establish realistic difficulty ratings that the average player can aspire to.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I looked at the present stats for several of the games we are trying. When I see name in the stats like Paul's or Ken's. Or even Richard. I will believe those numbers. Rather than those numbers on games which we know are not realistic.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Aphrodite. Same as Richard for the first ten.
  • edited March 11 Member, Beta Tester
    I've already made a small start on what will be the next quota Mike. I looked at the stats for Bakers Dozen because I thought that 85% was likely to be a bit high as it's quite time consuming. Imagine my surprise when I saw some woman had won 60000 in 848 days. Of course I was impressed. ;) We have to face the fact that we're just not good enough.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I guess that is why we don't see more player's here in the Forum. They don't need any help. It would be nice if they gave they offered their expertise in how to play those tough games. And we would say "Thank You" when they told us.
  • edited March 12 Member, Beta Tester
    You're not becoming cynical are you Mike? That would never do. Thankfully I have always been able to see the best in people. :D
  • Member, Beta Tester
    You are a very lucky and insightful person. If you lived here in Southern California your positive attitude would melt quickly. :)
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I have practically cornered the market when it comes to cynicism Mike. I agree with one line in Lee Marvin's "Wandering Star" in particular. "Snow can burn your eyes, but only people make you cry". :((
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I didn't know you had a copy of "Lee Marvin's Greatest Hits". I really like his rendition of "Sargent Pepper's Lonely Heart's Club Band".
  • Member, Beta Tester
    After playing 50 hands of Alexandria my average dropped to 72%. So I don't know. Every loss is going to cut into that number.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    What games have you lost? I would like to play them
  • edited March 13 Member, Beta Tester
    I was tired. I meant Aphrodite. Here are the hands/deals. 3-8-16-19-21-26-27-31-33-36-40-46-50-51-52.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    ok haven't played this game yet
  • Administrator, Beta Tester
    OK, proposed changes here:

Alexandria (85%), 91.9% 85%-->90%
    Algerian Patience (98%), 94.9%
    Algiers (40%), 98.2% 40%-->95%
    Alhambra (<1%), 1.1%
    Ali Baba (45%), 49.6% 45%-->50%

All in a Row (95%), 0.9% ok, that is a difference 95%-->1%
    Alliance (10%), 25.8% 10%-->25%
    Alloway Kirk (5%), 33.4% on 362 games 5%-->35%
    Alternation (85%), 92.1%
    Alternations (<1%), 0.6%

Amazons (40%), 49,2%
    American Canister (2%), 2.7%
    American Toad (95%), 96.6%
    Anno Domini (80%), 83.8%
    Antares (95%), 96.5%

Anubis (50%), 43.6% 50%-->45%
    Aphrodite (50%), 52.8% on 53 games 50%-->75%
    Apophis (33%), 33.1%
    Applegate (12%), 12.7%
    Appreciate (5%), 8.7%
  • Administrator, Beta Tester
    These changes have been made for version 17.1.