Reveillion

Does anyone know of any winnable game numbers for Reveillion? Or if it's even winnable? Thanks!

Comments

• edited June 11 Member, Beta Tester
    I have definitely won Reveillion at some point. Unfortunately I never carry forward my winning numbers when I get new PCs.
    I don't think it's a coincidence that an anagram for it is, "No, I revile". I cannot abide games that rely almost solely on luck. It is just a war of attrition. You just have to plod on an perhaps play hundreds until you find one. I don't have time at the moment but will come back to it. Got fences to paint. :(
    Look for games where you can play all of the first four cards onto the foundations immediately, preferably with foundations that have no cards of the same rank. During play you can move cards between the foundations. This means that you can sometimes create opportunities to remove additional cards from the tableau.
    Good luck
  • Member, Beta Tester
    hi
    this is one of the 22 games I am struggling to win
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Okay. I'll try and win at least one guys. :)
    Reveillion is pretty new. I've found three references to it in our Berta testing threads. I was far from complimentary about it at the time and my advice was heeded to reduce the winning percentage from 5%. Even the current 1% is way off the mark in my opinion. It follows that I have NOT won it previously. I had suggested that 1 winner in 1000 was more likely.
    I'll let you know when I reach that figure. :) Should take less than a week.
    I've played 165 so far and refused to start at least 300 more. 1533904512 is the most promising one by far. I can coax a score of 52 out of it. It could be winnable. Brain scrambled. Giving up for tonight.
    It was winnable as predicted. Far from easy to bring it home. It is winnable from here. See how long it takes you to figure out how. ~X(
    EDIT .... TIP ..... You must undo two cards first until you have four cards in the tableau. Do not undo any more.
    pgs
    pgs
    Reveillion_1533904512-52.pgs
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Drat. Just noticed I uploaded the wrong partial. This is the correct one. It is winnable from this position by moving cards from one pile to another repeatedly unril you find the correct combo.
    pgs
    pgs
    Reveillion_1533904512-correct.pgs
  • edited June 12 Member
    Thanks! I'll give that one a try!!! I'll let you know! What does your tip mean? Undo what cards first?
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Ignore that post. That was an error. The one beneath it is the one you need to use. Do you know how to use uploaded solutions? I can talk you through that if you want.
    I can't do those on my computer. I have a mac. I ran into that problem last time I got a solution. Lol
  • edited June 13 Member, Beta Tester
    Okay. Do you have Facebook? If so join the Goodsol Solitaire group there. Once you have done so get back to me here and I'll post a video in the Facebook group for you. This forum baulks if I try and upload one here. Sigh. Alternatively I can contact you via the Forum email facility. All members can contact every other member by this route but it doesn't accept attachments nor does it divulge you email address. If you reply to that and include your email address I could send you a video solution. Nothing is ever straightforward round here. :) Expect an email from me.
    EDIT ....Email sent.
    Haha why would anything ever be simple around here?
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I tried to send you the video by email but it was way too big. I also uploaded it to Facebook late last night. It took ages to upload and appeared to have done so successfully. It's normal to have to wait for hours thereafter before they will actually publish it so I was surprised when I looked for it this morning and saw no sign of my post whatsoever.
    I've got a busy day ahead, including a 90 minute dental appointment, so it's unlikely I'll be able to try and address the problems until tomorrow. I'll not give up so keep an eye out for it.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Good luck at the dentist, Richard...
  • edited June 14 Member, Beta Tester
    Thanks Ken. It went okay. My next appointment is for next Thursday. She wants £1500 for that one. Using Vanadium! Since 15th March she has already had £2109.60. She's Greek. I think they must have money trees across there. I've looked on eBay but I can't find one. :((