Games that have not been yet been won or we cannot verify a deal number from anyone who has won it

These are Block, British Canister, Forwards and Backwards, Kings and Aces, Queens and Jacks and Robert I you have won any of these please could you let us have the winning number

Comments

• Member, Beta Tester
    Thanks Paul. Are there not a few of the newer games that we've not won? Do you or anyone else have any apart from those you mentioned that we could try and put to bed?
    I think I'll play 100 or so Blocks every day and see if I get lucky.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I had a vague recollection that Mike had a high score for Block so I consulted the Old Forum. It would appear from there that it was 25 followed a long time later with a 26 from me. Ring the church bells ..... I've just scored 27 with 1676782335.
    I can see from that thread that I played almost 16000 . It may have gone much higher. What depresses me quite a bit from that thread is the number of members who participated. It was a busy thread.
    http://www.goodsol.net/forum/messages/18/10874.html
    I think of the "Impossible Six", Robert is the most likely to be able to stumble across a winner. #1781289471 yielded a score of 46.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    The newer games which are causing me most trouble are Frustrating Pairs, Old Calculation and Triton
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Thanks Larry. Thanks Paul
    Triton winner attached so we can cross that one off. Your other two games are a nightmare Paul. Will plug away at them with little enthusiasm. :)
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Forgot this.
    pgs
    pgs
    Triton_1.pgs
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Another one to cross off.
    pgs
    pgs
    Old Calculation_316654145.pgs
    934B
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Played 250 Frustrating Pairs. Best score is 42 which suggests that we should be able to find a winner. Will play more tomorrow. Back to Block for an hour or so now.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Frustrating Pairs has been won. 810 losers for one winner. No need for a solution. Totally straightforward.
    Block has still to be conquered.
    FP.JPG
    720 x 196 - 49K
  • Member, Beta Tester
    GREAT JOB, RICHARD! Worked like a charm...
  • edited June 17 Member, Beta Tester
    Thanks Ken.
    Forwards and Backwards, Kings and Aces, and Queens and Jacks have all been "won" according to the infamous online stats. =)) Who do these pathetic losers think they're kidding? Their stats should be deleted. They continue to make a mockery out of what could have been a worthwhile project.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Thanks Richard
    Another game that looks really hard is Quadruple Harp although all harp games are hard
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Not the type of game I like Paul because you are usually forced to play with very small cards. I like them chunky. :)
    #1 is winnable with care.
    pgs
    pgs
    Quadruple Harp_1.pgs
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Block .... My 100 per day is ahead of schedule. 500 in three days. Surely it must throw up an really good deal eventually. I'd not be surprised if I reach well over 50,000 before that happens.
    block.JPG
    655 x 99 - 27K
  • Member, Beta Tester
    It was fascinating reading all the posts from 7 years ago! (Kathy, really was annoying, wasn't she?) It does make you wonder where all the people have gone. Hell, even Gregg doesn't post here anymore! But this was the most interesting post from then...

Donald Trump was indeed at R.G.U. to receive his doctorate. The press had predicted a large group of protesters. One man with a wee dog turned up. He is unpopular with a small section of the locals because his plans include the compulsory purchase of some land he requires. The vast majority think it's great that he is going to build the "best golf course in the world" in our area. Jobs will be created. It will bring money into the area. Good luck to the man. Whilst he was here he said that he would probably run for U.S.President next time around. I reckon that a businessman of his calibre would make a far better job than some other presidents you've had in my lifetime.
    In some parts of the U.K. his surname is slang for an involuntary release of gas. Obviously presidential material.
    ---------------------------------------------
    So, DT was planning on his presidential run more than 7 years ago? Interesting... Btw, Richard, do you want to enlighten us on which Presidents Donald Trump has been better than?
  • edited June 18 Member, Beta Tester
    I'd suggest that Trump is preferable to any President who involved the US (and frequently the UK) in expensive and ultimately pointless foreign wars. Our involvement in those wars has been disastrous. How many troops died in Afghanistan fighting against the Taliban for example? Since we withdrew our armies the Taliban has taken complete charge of huge tracts of it. I'll predict that they will eventually be in control of the entire country.
    The families of your 58,000 fatalities in the Vietnam war must wonder what the point of it was. It would be interesting to discover who got rich out of these wars.
    ---------
    Glad you found the thread as interesting as I did. We know that Kathy, Markus and Gregg are still in the land of the living. Who knows about the others. Without regular posts our Forum itself must eventually die. :(
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Have you got an e-mail from Kathy recently? Because she hasn't posted in years, thank God! Btw, loved your addresses in the Block stats, i.e. No phoney stats please or (somebody is a cheat) CLASSIC!
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I find that subtlety is invariably effective Ken. ;))
    Last communication was .... http://www.goodsol.net/forum/vanilla/index.php?p=/discussion/comment/9358/#Comment_9358
    If you maintain that 100 Blocks per day, and let's say that Block is a 1 in 100,000 odds game, then you would
    on average need 1000 days (almost three years for those mathematically impaired) to find a winner, assuming
    no mistakes were made.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Philosophical question for you, Richard: If the unshuffled deck # pops up organically (it is mathematically possible), would you ignore it and go on to another #?
    I'll wait and see Ken. >:) Actually the answer would definitely be "no" if I was playing one of the unwon games. Anyway, when you think about it how could you prove to anyone that it had occurred as a random selection? That number shouldn't be available in the first place. It would be very simple to exclude it from new updated editions I imagine. It could still exist in a master edition so that Support could use it for legitimate reasons. I liken it to buying a book of crossword puzzles with the answers written alongside the clues.
    Larry,
    Pressing ahead with Block regardless of the odds. I have played 800 in four days now so you could possibly expect a winner in about 18 months. :) It's what gets me out of bed in the morning. =)) I managed a second score of 27 so I have another target to aim for too. 28! Just imagine! ;)) Cranking up my average score to 9 is another mini milestone.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Forgot the attachment. Perhaps I have a mental Block. ;)
    block 2.JPG
    643 x 141 - 38K
  • Member, Beta Tester
    "Barricade is an easier version of Block, with rules modifications suggested by Richard Mechen and Thomas Warfield."

Question, Richard, did you get paid a consulting fee or are you only in it for the glory?

• Member, Beta Tester
    Although mony a mickle maks a muckle ......... not a nickel. ;)

My Block tally has now reached 1000. Not bad for four days.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    New PB. 28 scored with 1683325055.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Block .... New high score of 31 for 697788288.
    2,380 Blocks played in 9 days. Averaging 264 per day. Beginning to think that 1 winner in 250,000 would be close to the mark even with cherry picking. I'm only starting about one game in 20.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    you are doing well
    I have been working on the newer ones and four still need to be won
    These are Australian Spider ( I hate these games), Double Australian, Royal Noir and Seven Saints if anybody has a winning number I would be grateful
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Thanks Paul.
    I have a Seven Saints for you. Will try the others tomorrow.
    pgs
    pgs
    Seven Saints_1237030016.pgs
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Double Australian for you Paul.
    pgs
    pgs
    Double Australian_1814118527.pgs