Redheads, Roosevelt and Springfield

Attaching some winning numbers for more games in the Very Hard folder. Players shouldn try the games where skill plays the main role. Some of them are much easier than you'd think. The difficulty ratings in the games rules are only intended as a guide.

Redheads :- Very Hard (1%). Skill/Luck balanced.
Roosevelt :- Very Hard (1%). Mostly Skill.
Springfield :- Very Hard (<1%). Skill/Luck balanced.
Red.JPG
640 x 87 - 24K
roos.JPG
663 x 123 - 35K
spring.JPG
712 x 139 - 37K

Comments

• Member, Beta Tester
    Roosevelt is in the right category! My best score so far is 63 from any of the #'s you posted. I'll keep trying...
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Very true Ken. Far from easy but getting many high scores makes it fun to play. Partials always available.
    Redheads is the one that gives me most trouble. 1576991616 is a new winner for it.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    255691905 is a new Roosevelt for you Ken. I think you'll probably beat this one. :)>-
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Thanks, RM, it wasn't easy but I did get it.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Well done Ken. None of them are easy, it's just that some of them are easier than others.
    I don't think the following one was a particularly bad one. 1633785599.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    324632513 is today's Roosevelt offering. I found it relatively easy but that doesn't mean I'd have the same opinion if I played it again. :)
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Redheads 732843200. Extremely pleased with this winner.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    For Ken in particular .......................... Roosevelt 223564289. This is clever., (he said with no hint of modesty whatsoever!), It just is.
    The partial is the spot where I started to make a long sequence of moves that transformed the tableau. You could try it from here and see how you get on. I'd be surprised if you win it. I'm sure you'll not disagree with the tag I gave my full solution. :)
    pgs
    pgs
    Roosevelt_223564289_part.pgs
    pgs
    pgs
    Roosevelt_223564289_masterclass.pgs
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Hey, give me a challenge. That took me less than 10 minutes! (But I never would have got that without your partial...)
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Ha! You've half a page of uncompleted challenges Ken. I was looking for a game that illuistrated how complex worrying back can be used to get cards onto the foundations despite being buried three deep in a column. It's a tactic I use a lot in Roosevelt as it's difficult to get two coulmns emptied simultaneously. No doubt I used it with the other numbers too. It's a good game. I like it. I try to get one winner per day.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Roosevelt 92758569 gave me a run for my money. You asked for "a challenge" Ken. Believe it or not the partial is a very generous one. I had resolved a problem or two before this point.
    pgs
    pgs
    Roosevelt_92758569_Part.pgs
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Either I'm better at this game than I thought or your partials are more generous than you thought. I solved this one quicker than the last partial!
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I could be bitchy and say "definitely the latter" Ken especially as I said the partial was a very generous one. My initial efforts to solve it were thwarted because I had not introduced essential cards into the tableau. It takes a while to identify the culprits and then work out how to get them into the tableau without screwing up something else that could turn out to be of equal importance. My dilema is, should I post just the winning numbers or partials that would probably be of practically no help to anyone, or should I post advanced partials that most players will be capable of turning into winners? Looks like I could be damned if I do and damned if I don't. My next partial will be less generous. ;))
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Ooops! I misread your post. I thought it said that your partial was NOT as generous as the last one. The sound you hear is my ego deflating. Lol...
  • edited November 23 Member, Beta Tester
    Who cares Ken? I was sniggering away whilst I was trying my post. You never need to apologise to me for anything. I'm pretty thick skinned ............ and occasionally thick headed. >:) I frequently misread things too.
    NOW
    I think you'll agree that the following partial is NOT as generous as some I have provided. The game is winnable. How difficult it is is purely a matter of opinion. :-j Let's see what you (and others?) make of it.
    pgs
    pgs
    Roosevelt_237777937_Partial.pgs
    125B
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I got that one also. Why can I get the ones you post a partial on (that last one was pretty bare bones) but the straight up #'s you posted at the beginning of this thread I'm STILL working on??
  • edited November 23 Member, Beta Tester
    Incredible! ^:)^ My partial was intended as a joke and clearly fell flat. I got into all kinds of trouble with this game before I won it. One or two "wrong" moves early in the game can have repercussions that turn a readily winnable game into a nightmare one.. Your early moves must have been far superior to mine. The opposite could be the case in the ones you are still fighting with. The following partial should illustrate that point. See how long it takes you to turn that messy tableau into a winner. I'll have a look at those early games and post partials that may help. I'll try not to make them too straightforward.
    pgs
    pgs
    Roosevelt_237777937_Ken.pgs
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Ken, Tackling the winnables in chronological order. 724529664. I had it tagged as difficult so I must have been happy to have won it. Column two is the very obvious obstace.
    Let me know how you get on before we tackle the next one.
    pgs
    pgs
    Roosevelt_724529664_KM_a.pgs
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Nope, no luck with this one. My best score is 61. Too many Kings blocking my path.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    61 is a decent score anyway Ken. I obviously had the same problems with the kings judging by the moves I made to reach my second (and hopefully sufficient) partial. This deserved my "difficult" tag.
    Spitting feathers with external electrics for over two hours. ~X( Will email you later.
    pgs
    pgs
    Roosevelt_724529664_nearer.pgs
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Speaking of spitting feathers, I STILL can't get this one! My best score is 69/19
  • Member, Beta Tester
    You've spent enough time on it Ken. That's when the fun goes out of it. I'll attach my full solution and you can work it back to the partial and then play through it a card at a time. You've probably been within a hairsbreadth of winning it already without realising it.
    pgs
    pgs
    Roosevelt_724529664-Difficult.pgs
  • Member, Beta Tester
    An ingenious solution as per usual...
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I probably spent a lot of time on it. When I get very close to the winning post I'm reluctant to give up, but sometimes my efforts are to no avail. This time it was winnable.

The next one on the first list was 1364235264 . Partial attached. Good luck.
    pgs
    pgs
    Roosevelt_1364235264_Ken.pgs
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Got it! THANKS!
  • edited November 24 Member, Beta Tester
    Well done. :) The following should complete that group.
    pgs
    pgs
    Roosevelt_1705007103-K3.pgs
  • Member, Beta Tester
    The next one, 1705007103, my best score is 50 and I really had to work to get that!
  • Member, Beta Tester
    My partial was closer than you think Ken. Five more cards played from the stock took me to the next partial. Your next move will be to worry back the 7S.
    No new Roosevelt winners today. I'm trying for another Springfield. They're nasty.
    pgs
    pgs
    Roosevelt_1705007103-KM3.pgs
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I couldn't get these for a reason. They're HARD!! My best scores are 71/12 or 70/6 and no matter what I try I can't beat them!
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I hope you had SOME fun trying them anyway Ken. Thanks. =D>
    Full solutions for anyone who gave them a go too.
    pgs
    pgs
    Roosevelt_1364235264.pgs
    pgs
    pgs
    Roosevelt_1705007103.pgs