Lower 48

I had previously posted, "For what it is worth, my very favorite recent game is Lower 48, and I have now proven that every one of the first 1000 deals is winnable (though some are very hard) by winning them all on my iPad."

This is still one of my favorites, and I picked it up again recently (nothing better to kill time in a waiting room) and got delayed for the longest time ever on a particular deal. It took me days to finally solve Lower 48 #1111, but solve it I did, and my unbeaten streak continues. :)

In my opinion, as somebody who loves Forty Thieves games, this is one of the very best, hitting that sweet spot where few deals are easy, some are extraordinarily difficult, but quite few (i.e., none so far) are unwinnable.

Gregg :(|)

Comments

• Member, Beta Tester
    Thanks for the tip, Gregg. I'll check it out.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Not bad. ;)
    Low.JPG
    660 x 96 - 25K
  • Member, Moderator, Beta Tester
    Impressive! ^:)^
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Thanks Gregg.
    We've been confined to the house again by another prolonged bout of hostile weather. 72 hours of non stop rain driven by endless howling gales and near zero temperatures ensured that I had nothing else to do and could fully concentrate on your game. It is a beauty! It took about 30 minutes to clear a column and another 75 to put it to the sword. I probably found a better way in than you. That was the hardest part of the challenge. I got a huge buzz out of winning it. Many thanks. :)
    The good news is that the rain has finally stopped. It's been replaced by snow. The gales continue unabated though. :(
  • edited May 30 Member
    Thanks a lot for that tip! Very useful