PITT the YOUNGER

Why can't I play the 2Ds on the #CS?
Pitt.jpg
1920 x 1080 - 537K

Comments

• Member, Beta Tester
    Ah. If only there were rules that players could consult, or even hints at the foot of our screens that said something along the lines of "Tableau, build down by alternate color not from the reserve". You should send Thomas an email and suggest that Mike. :-j
    Seriously though, what you have to do in situations like this is to worry back from the foundations until you get the 2D back into the tableau. Then you can replace it with the one from the reserve.
    There is an anomoly though. I pointed it out during the beta testing. You will be able to play kings from the reserve into empty columns. That is strictly in breach of the rules but wasn't deemed worth fixing. It would be better if that got a mention in the rules though. Knowing this is quite an advantage as it helps you to cherry-pick deals.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Something to keep your eye on with PtY is that you should always try and move playable cards onto columns headed by kings. These columns don't get additional cards dealt to them when you click on the stock. There is no point in leaving playable cards in columns where they could get covered up when you could easily have moved them to safety.
  • edited June 9 Member, Beta Tester
    It may interest you to learn that #12 is actually winnable Mike. Far from easy in my opinion. Anyone wanting to figure out how to play Pitt properly could learn a lot from my attached solution.
    pgs
    pgs
    Pitt the Younger_12_fab.pgs
  • edited June 10 Member, Beta Tester
    I read the rules. Forgot that you could only play from the reserve to the foundations.
    Won #12. I will play this game off and on.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Won #26!
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Yes, I knew that. ;))
    13 and 15 are new winners if you fancy tackling them.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I did not get #13. And have tried since reading your post. I will try again to morrow It'salmost1am here. Way past my bed time.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    #13 can wait. We really need our beauty sleep these days don't we? :)
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I have played #13 again for about an hour. I get one problem solved. And get to the end. And find another problem to deal with. Very frustrating. I will get it. But I have to take a break.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Finally won #13. The hoops you have to run to win it. Richard is the best. I gave up on that hand quickly on my first time through. If any of you think you know how to play this hand. Try it!
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Went back and won #13.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    It's only a matter of time before you win a game that I've given up on Mike. Some moves we make are fairly random. We make them and hope that they will work out later in the game. Luck always plays a part.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Maybe Thomas can make a variant of this game called "Richard the Older"?
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Grammar Kenneth, grammar! :) Richard the Elder.
    William Pitt was the guy who imposed Income Tax in Britain to fund another war with the French. As the tax is still levied one must assume that we are still on a war footing. I doubt if there is a single country that has been at war half as frequently as us.

#26 is one you can do battle with. You'll find it very taxing. :)
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Won #64. Good Night!
  • edited June 18 Member, Beta Tester
    Won #53. Good afteroon. :)
    I played up to that number today. (No winners between 26 and 53).
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Won #62. Good evening.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Won #63. Good grief.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Won #66. Good night. :D
  • Member, Beta Tester
    You did a little better than I did! :((
  • Member, Beta Tester
    So what Mike? Who cares?
    Now that you know that those ones are winnable you'll probably win them too.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    67 and 75 are new winners if you want to try them.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I played two of your winners #63 and #66. to death. Multiple re-deals and nothing. Got close to winning. But no results. Moving on.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I will easily post partials and/or solutions for any game if you want Mike. I see no point in frustrating yourself playing them "to death" and still not winning them. New winners are 77 and 78. I tell you this so that you can avoid wasting time on unwinnable ones. If you're not keen on Pitt there must be something else you will enjoy. It's not an easy game.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Going back and forth between Ninety-Nine and Pitt. Not really playing much at all. To upset with our government. And most of the people in it.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Just as well you don't have an endless Brexit debate to contend with then Mike. Politicians from all political parties are behaving shamefully. They are all trying to get their own way by fair means or foul. They appear to be able to ignore the fact that the majority of the British electorate voted to leave the EU as they re sick to death of it.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Did you win #77?
  • edited June 22 Member, Beta Tester
    Yes Mike. Plus 78. 87, 91,96 and 100. One or two others looked quite promising but I moved on when they started annoying me.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Darn. I meant #71?
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Did you ever look at #71?