Comments

• edited July 17 Member, Beta Tester
    John O. Brennan
    Verified account
    @JohnBrennan
    23h23 hours ago

Donald Trump’s press conference performance in Helsinki rises to & exceeds the threshold of “high crimes & misdemeanors.” It was nothing short of treasonous. Not only were Trump’s comments imbecilic, he is wholly in the pocket of Putin. Republican Patriots: Where are you???

Have a look at the images of the puppet and the shoe-shine boy here.
    https://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=914&bih=438&ei=JAROW-b2HdH0kwWy857QBA&q=trump+putin+puppet&oq=trump+putin+puppet&gs_l=img.12..0l4j0i30k1j0i5i30k1.6264.13910.0.23274.18.16.0.2.2.0.173.1519.11j5.16.0....0...1ac.1.64.img..0.18.1525....0.G0TE5HIALkw
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Whatever I say. Will be wrong. So I am silent.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Speak up Mike. I totally endorse freedom of speech. We may not agree with you but that doesn't mean that it's you who's wrong.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I don't know if any one is really wrong. But it's nice when they at least hear you out. Which we manage to do. But we don't have any radicals here. So far. And discussing politics can get very heated. Worse when you are not face to face with them. The internet can leave a lot out.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I refer you to something I said to you in an email recently Mike ........... " I most definitely voice my opinions, the difference being that I am always right". =)) Let people know what you think. A wise man once said, "Publish and be damned". That's the attitude.
  • edited July 18 Member, Beta Tester
    The top story here today is that Google is about to face a ginormous fine. They were previously fined 2.4 billion in 2017. They really are infuriating.
    This is how Google search works in the UK. The default setting is the results are from "Any country". In effect that means from the US. I expect they do the same in other countries. That means that everyone except US users get irrelevant search results. I can change the setting to "UK only" but the results are practically the same. If I click on any of the links in the results I will find that I am back in "Any country" almost immediately.
    My first screenshot is typical of what UK users would see. The second one (God forgive me) is what US users would see if the UK was running Google. ;))
    Microsoft is another of your bully boys. I am currently hurrling all kinds of abuse at them for featuring sponsored adverts in Outlook Email. I am accusing them of "supporting organised crime" by accepting paid adverts from scamsters. I am not talking about spam, I am talking about links in a serarate box at the top on my inbox. They are clearly marked "AD". They cannot be disabled. I've had four different ones recently from Bitcoin scammers.. Googling their "company" names alerts you to this fact. It's a disgrace. The scammers are using a Ponzi scheme.
    fitba.JPG
    1119 x 319 - 48K
    Google's world.jpg
    785 x 346 - 36K
  • Member, Beta Tester
    A wise man also said, "It is better to shut your mouth and be thought a fool then to open your mouth and prove it!"
  • Member, Beta Tester
    The US dominating the world? What's wrong with that? Isn't that Trump's master plan?
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Wasn't that the headline when Trump came back from Helsinki? :)
    World domination has been tried before. We are witnessing companies that are more powerful than governments. The Romans conquered practically all of the known world but were easily outdone by the British Empire. At its height it was the biggest in history. That has taught us that even the most powerful institutions will crumble and fade into obscurity. Violence invariably plays a role. The EU imposed a $5 billion fine on Google today. Perhaps financial violence is the road ahead. Trump advised Theresa May to sue the EU. :)) Maybe Google could give that a try.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Something I have been reminded of in the last few days. A world leader can never make a mistake. They will get vilified by the press and many in the public. The latest case. Using the word "would" instead of the word "wouldn't". Then getting on a plane in Europe and flying back to the USA. The leader then finds out that he made a mistake. He get dressed. Looks at what he said and goes on the record saying he made a mistake. And says what he meant to say. People here is the US who watched him make the mistake then go nuts. Someone on the plane should have awakened him. Told him of the error. And then the person could have sent a message to the press explaining the mix up. And on top of that. The muddle head makes another error. I am tired of the country and the people in it. Give it a rest. Your news papers are failing. The television network news is a joke. And cable news just has to find stories that attempt to keep them around. At least in the UK they used to have a pin-up girl on one of the pages of the news. Do they still have that Richard?
  • Member, Beta Tester
    The following is the full transcript.
    REPORTER (Jonathan Lemire from AP): Thank you. A question for each president. President Trump, you first. Just now President Putin denied having anything to do with the election interference in 2016. Every US intelligence agency has concluded that Russia did.
    My first question for you, sir, is who do you believe? My second question is would you now with the whole world watching tell President Putin — would you denounce what happened in 2016 and would you warn him to never do it again?
    TRUMP: So let me just say that we have two thoughts. You have groups that are wondering why the FBI never took the server. Why haven’t they taken the server? Why was the FBI told to leave the office of the democratic national committee? I’ve been wondering that. I’ve been asking that for months and months and I’ve been tweeting it out and calling it out on social media. Where is the server? I want to know, where is the server and what is the server saying? With that being said, all I can do is ask the question. My people came to me, Dan Coats came to me and some others and said they think it’s Russia.
    I have President Putin. He just said it’s not Russia. I will say this. I don’t see any reason why it would be, but I really do want to see the server. But I have confidence in both parties. I really believe that this will probably go on for a while, but I don’t think it can go on without finding out what happened to the server. What happened to the servers of the Pakistani gentleman that worked on the DNC? Where are those servers? They’re missing. Where are they? What happened to Hillary Clinton’s emails? 33,000 emails gone — just gone. I think in Russia they wouldn’t be gone so easily. I think it’s a disgrace that we can’t get Hillary Clinton’s 33,000 emails. So I have great confidence in my intelligence people, but I will tell you that president Putin was extremely strong and powerful in his denial today. And what he did is an incredible offer. He offered to have the people working on the case come and work with their investigators, with respect to the 12 people. I think that’s an incredible offer. Okay thank you.
    -------------------------------------
    "I don’t see any reason why it would be" is what he said. Asking me to believe that he meant to say, "I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be" totally stretches my credulity. The context in which it was said doesn't make that a credible possibility. It sounds to me like there was a discussion on the plane home about how they could dig themselves out of a deep hole and they thought they could get away with that. Some people buy it, some don't.
    -------------------------------------
    I think you may have been referring to Page 3 in one of our national newspapers Mike. It still exists I believe. It is/was a newspaper for people who don't really want the news. They want it all compressed into a couple of sentences so that they can get on with reading lots of pages of celebrity gossip and a variety of sports particularly the one that starts with an F word. :)
    BBC News is on in our house for sevaral hours most days. (Zero adverts). They tend to include people in their interviews who have opposing points of view so that we can get a more balanced picture and hopefully make our own minds up about who presents the most convincing arguments. They include people from different countries and the discussions don't appear to be loaded in favour of the UK.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    What can I say. My President is an idiot.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    "Oh! ......... That's going to be special". =))
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Encouraging news (for a change). These African countries are showing us up.
    https://ellecitoyenne.com/africa-laws-against-plastic-bags/
  • Member, Beta Tester
    World Cup results for you. Day 1, not a great start if you're American but encouraging if you're English. USA v England in four days time.
    WC.JPG
    626 x 105 - 18K
    wc2.JPG
    566 x 87 - 15K
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Is this rugby?
  • edited July 22 Member, Beta Tester
    No. Is Google on vacation? ;))
    "Ireland .......... upset the USA in their opening FIH Women's Hockey World Cup clash in London".
    England is a quality team. You play them next. Good luck.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Hey, I can't be interested in everything that America plays in! I'm just waiting for the football season to start (AKA the REAL football...)
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Of course you'll have heard that D.T. intends to rename it. Dollarball is the hot favourite. Your Superbowl will from then on be called "The Trump Make American Great Again Bowl". ^:)^ Catchy eh? You can't stand in the way of progress. :-j
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Oh good. We kind of cleared up my World Cup ignorance. And are you sure that's ice hockey and not field hockey? We must have sent some high school girls to play.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Maybe you did send some high school girls Mike. Maybe you did. I censored a part of this ..... "Ireland .......... upset the USA in their opening FIH Women's Hockey World Cup clash in London". The bit I chose not to post was " ,the lowest ranked team in the competition," This is the Federation of Indoor Hockey World Cup. Nothing to do with ice. I've never heard the term field hockey before. Is this another ancient English game you guys have chosen to rename? In that context you are outstanding in your field. :-j
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Have you ever heard the term "drag racing". That's where all the contestants are men dressed as women. And run the 100 meters and the 1500 meters.
    So what do you call the game. Where women use a club. And hit a ball along the ground. Foreplay?
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I know that Mike. I also know basketball players are commonly known as basket cases.
    On TV last night one of the stories featured in a show was about Bobby Thomson He struck the most famous home run in baseball history — the so-called “shot heard round the world". He, like me, was born in Glasgow.
    Hockey is just Hockey. It was devised long before Ice Hockey so we know what we are referring to unless the word ice is used in the description. We tend not to play our Hockey in fields anyway. :)
    Women with clubs! Either you've been watching too much Fred Flintstone or life in America is more traumatic than I thought.
    Any comment about Harley Davidson having to move production overseas as a direct result of Trump's tariff hikes?
  • edited July 24 Member, Beta Tester
    The Irish have a game played a club. I can't remember the name of the game right now. Field hockey is play by girls. It's got a lot of rules. One being you can only score a goal from inside a certain area. Which seems stupid to me.
    And I know about Bobby Thomson. But did not know about him being born is Glasgow.
    Harley was going to have some parts made overseas. In fact I think they already had some made in China. But Trump may have shamed them into at least not expanding that parts deal. Made in the USA is what we need now.
    One of the problems with China is that they have a American manufacturer start making their product there. then all of a sudden the Chinese start making the same product. But at a lower price. The same thing happens with other countries products. It's why. As you said. Trump should have rallied Europe against the Chinese. Instead of fighting over tariffs with them.
    The Irish game I was trying to think of is Hurling. And I know there are many meanings to the word Hurling!
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Replying by email Mike.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    England's disappointing start to the World Cup continued as they were held to a 1-1 draw by the United States.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    DAT scan done. I won't go into the details of the day. Should have results tomorrow. But from what I saw on the screen after the scan. there seemed to be a lot of empty spaces.
  • edited August 3 Member, Beta Tester
    This is my latest tirade directed at Microsoft in PUBLIC posts that anyone can see.

MICROSOFT! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE? The Bitcoin adverts from Microsoft contine unabated in my Outlook Email facility. The "company" name of the scamsters has changed today. Now they are calling themselves Officebusinessbackers. Everything else is identical. These SCAMS are sectioned off in a box at the top and clearly marked AD. Surely this means that MICROSOFT IS BEING PAID BY CRIMINALS to place them there. The links that you are suggesting we click clearly metions Peter Jones of Dragon's Den, and that people can easily make £1750 PER DAY. On Twitter, Peter Jones has this to say,"It’s a complete SCAM & my legal team are on it now".Even a complete moron would have to ask why anyone even bothers working when they can make £1750 per day without even getting out of bed. In fact why are you even reading this when you could be making £1750 per day whilst lying on the beach of your own island in some tropical paradise? I hope that people who have been ripped off by your digraceful adverts take legal action against you