Variegated Canfield

Rated Very Hard (2%). Mostly skill.
Winning numbers have been 1, 2, 4, 6, 8 and 10. I will try at least 11 - 20.

Comments

• Member, Beta Tester
    I LOVE this game and I have played it numerous times but I think I deleted all my stats.
  • edited August 25 Member, Beta Tester
    I rarely have stats to delete Ken, not that that worries me. It is a great game. Can't remember when I last played it. 11, 12 and 13 obliged this evening.. 14, 15 and 16 look unwinnable. Playing #17 right now.
    There is a very infrequent bug in the reserve. Occasionally it's possible to move two cards that are built down in alternate colour onto the tableau. It seems likely that three such cards would also move contrary to the rules.
    No new winners from me for 1-10, I played your winners to figure out the game, got all except #13.
    With the 3 card deal, it makes luck a bigger factor.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Thanks for trying Larry. New winners are 23, 26 and 27. I reached 30 and am now replaying all the losers. Plenty to pick from. :)
    The trick with some of them is often to refuse a card from the stock and take another one of the same rank from later in the deal. Obviously that changes what lies beneath them. That's what interests me most about it. Solution for #13 attached.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Where?
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Perhaps it was delayed in the post? :)
    pgs
    pgs
    Variegated Canfield_13.pgs
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Thank God you corrected your error post-haste!
    I finally found a winner - #25.
  • edited August 30 Member, Beta Tester
    Well done Larry! I missed that one.

Here is one that should be winnable. #34. Best score of 81 with 11 in the waste.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    It finally conceded.
    #32 puts total at 15 winners so far.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I had that one up to 62 before I decided to move on. I won 34, 47 and 50. #46 must be winnable. I got it to 66 before I moved on. I seem to reach the stage where I am just repeating previous moves. I'll replay them at some point and hope I've forgotten the moves I selected last time. I don't intend playing past #50 until I've given my losers some more attention. I'll let you know.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Have finally coaxed #46 up to a score of 80 but still haven't won it. Going to have to abandon it again. HELP!
    pgs
    pgs
    Variegated Canfield_46_P80.pgs
  • edited September 1 Member
    Partial for winning #46 attached.
    pgs
    pgs
    Variegated Canfield_046p.pgs
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Well done Larry. It had to be winnable but when I replay the same game over and over again I get so cheesed off I put it on the back burner and get back to it at some point.
    #41 also winnable. Looks like this game should average around 40%.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I haven't been playing any solitaire much. But I couldn't get #1. Yet. I will keep trying.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Attaching a solution for #1 Mike so you can see the choices that I made. Taking or refusing cards is quite arbitrary at times. It's not until the end of the game that you discover whether or not you chose correctly. There is quite a lot of luck involved in Variegated Canfield. I intend to play the first hundred and then look for something else to torment myself with. :)
    pgs
    pgs
    Variegated Canfield_1.pgs
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I got it to where the 2 and 3 of hearts were the problem. I could get one out and not the other. Since I know there is a way. I will find it Like I said I am not playing much right now. But thanks for the solution. I will probably need it.
    #51-#100 winners so far:
    57, 58, 64,65, 68, 72, 75, 76, 78, 79, 82, 84, 87, 94
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Sorry Larry. I hadn't played any abouve 50 until I saw your post. Trying to catch up now. Been mega busy in the garden so pgs time has been drastically curtailed.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    #70 has obliged. Time to hit the hay.
    Ditto for #98.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    While your hitting things. Take a shot at that fly over there.
    I had something else to point out. But it would get me in even more trouble than I already am.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Are you the leak, Mike?
  • Member, Beta Tester
    " Google Translate" was as baffled as me by both of those posts.
    This is a genuine archaic Scottish word for you to add to your vocabulary ........ "betrump". It means "to cheat". This is not fake news. Practically everything else is though. ;))
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Did Mike have a leak somewhere inappropriate? Is that it?
  • edited September 7 Member, Beta Tester
    Clearly another example of fake news Ken. Curious that (arguably) the two most powerful men on the planet, Trump and Putin experience this phenomenon all of the time. Both try to discredit all of the proof and evidence that is laid at their door with no sign of embarrassment. Their attitude appears to be, "We can lie our way out of this like we did all of the other times.". Many people swallow it anyway
    Your story did hit the news here too. All of our fake media outlets covered it. Shame on the lot of them. ;)) Is this the start of a pandemic?
  • Member, Beta Tester
    It baffles me when you are truly baffled!