Left side Story

This is my favorite game at the moment I have played it over 200 times and I am just over 75% were it is shown as 80%. I am the only one to have submitted scores. So it should be easy to get to the top place on this game

Comments

• Member, Beta Tester
    Could you post a few of your worst scoring losers please Paul?
  • Member, Beta Tester
    here are some 1654175743 520452097 148235249 483823361 1696032639

50329065 254189137 1321553280 312448289 1142007296
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Question: When you build up the tableau, are the cards skewed? Because if not, I need to go to the eye doctor right away!
  • edited September 3 Member, Beta Tester
    I'll be in front of you in that queue Ken. :) Edit ..... Looks better with the Standard size cards.
    Thanks for the numbers Paul. Something to keep me busy this evening.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I can't even get #1!
  • Member, Beta Tester
    #1 is a complete stinker Ken. Been working on it for about an hour. May be winnable but it is going to take a lot of determination.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Hi Ken
    The cards are skewed on mine
  • Member, Beta Tester
    #2-5 are easily winnable but I thought I tried every combination on #1 and I'll be impressed if you win it, Richard.
  • edited September 4 Member, Beta Tester
    I had #1 down to a waste of 12 cards but stupidly neglected to save it. Never been as close since. Working in the garden so not much time apart from occasional tea breaks.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Given up on#1. Those early 6C's are a killer.
    Paul, I had a lot of entertainment from your list. 8 of the 10 are winnable. None easy. If you want my solutions just let me know and I'll email them to you.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    #1 ...."I'll be impressed if you win it, Richard".
    pgs
    pgs
    Variegated Canfield_1.pgs
  • Member, Beta Tester
    WOW! I thought you had given it up, Richard. So if #1 is winnable, I assume #7 is also. We have the same problem. Both the 5C are buried early in the stock.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Oh dear. Looks like I'm going to be busy. :)
  • edited September 5 Member, Beta Tester
    Here you go Ken.
    You'll notice that I am very particular about how I use spaces. I frequently drag and drop cards into them from the other columns. Preserving spaces is a huge advantage.
    pgs
    pgs
    Left Side Story_7.pgs
  • Member, Beta Tester
    GOOD SHOW! Whereas I was worried about not accepting cards from the stock so I could, for example, accept a 2C early on, your strategy seems to be to get a space as soon as possible and build long runs in the tableau to backtrack and free the needed cards. I'll try that strategy going forward.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I'm a little confused about your solution for #1 though. It's not a Left Side Story solution. It's a Variegated Canfield solution. If you lived here in the colonies, I could understand your confusion because it's 3am but over there your mind should be clear because it's morning and I trust you had a good night's rest?
    Too much on my mind obviously. A daunting task or two in front of me today. Attaching the correct solution. The solutions were right beside one another on my desktop.
    I was up before 6am having had a rubbish sleep for about 3 hours. I did think it was peculiar that you were on the go though.
    pgs
    pgs
    Left Side Story_7.pgs
    Now it's me who's confused. Both uploaded solutions are for Left Side Story #7. Perhaps you're awake but your brain is in deep slumber. :)
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Plink. Penny has dropped. Attaching my solution for LSS #1. Working on auto pilot here.
    pgs
    pgs
    Left Side Story_1.pgs
  • Member, Beta Tester
    The reason I'm up is because it's been raining for 7 days (and 7 nights) and my bedroom is like a sauna. Can't sleep!
  • Member, Beta Tester
    It's uncomfortably hot here too Ken, and we're not used to it. I'm busy felling the trunks of our two largest conifers. I removed 7 smaller ones last week. They were about 9x4x4 feet. The two I'm working on today were much bigger. One has two trunks and a couple of thinner ones. Thigh width. Very hard wood. All being achieved using a hand saw, an axe and a hammer. 30 minutes at a time is all I can cope with in this heat. Tomorrow's one has 14 small trunks about forearm width.. The tree surgeon guy ho was sopposed to be here yesterday didn't turn up. Would have been an easy job with a chainsaw.
    Can't you hire a dehumidifier? The one we have is very effective. We run it in the van during winter to prevent humidity building up.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    In 2 weeks, I'll be complaining about how cold it is!
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I can't wait for the cold weather to arrive. Funny old world isn't it?
    No idea what kind of tree I'm tackling. It's ridiculously tough. I thought I'd make life easier for myself and drill some 8mm holes in it. A brand new wood drill-bit in a mains operated power-drill is struggling to make even a shallow hole. Could be at it for a few days at this rate.
    Edit .... The tree guy has just been. Thank God. I'm too old for this type of work. Now if it would just snow. :)
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Hi thanks for 1 and 7 game 10 is very troublesome
  • Member, Beta Tester
    #10 is winnable Paul. Difficult to get a column emptied.
    pgs
    pgs
    Left Side Story_10.pgs
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Richard, I need some help on #37. I can get it up to 51 but no further. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Btw, how's the weather? Have the winds died down?
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I'm having trouble with it Ken. Will get back to you asap.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Tough one Ken. I'm sure you worked out that those pesky 6H's were the problem. Getting one into play was a hard slog Winnable from the partial but easy to overlook.
    Storm Ali hadn't finished with us before Storm Branagh moved in. Fife only caught the north edge of that one with winds in the sixties. We got off relatively unscathed. I rectified our damages in under two hours with my stapler and a hammer and nails. Quite relieved.
    pgs
    pgs
    Left Side Story_37-Ken.pgs
  • Member, Beta Tester
    THANKS! GOT IT!
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Richard, I'm sure I'm missing something with #42 but I can't get more than 46.