KIng of Egypt

This game doesn't seem to have much wiggle room. It's either winnable or it's not. Richard, prove me wrong with #1. It doesn't seem to be winnable and it doesn't seem to have too many options to prove otherwise.

Comments

• Member, Beta Tester
    I have one winner Ken, and appear to have played that one and no more. Strange.
    I will try 1 - 10 and give you my considered opinion. Posting my 100% winner meantime.
    pgs
    pgs
    King of Egypt_1623356159best.pgs
  • edited October 6 Member, Beta Tester
    Yes Ken. Very cut and dry. A very debatable difficulty rating too. I only played 1 and 2 and that was plenty for the time being. #2 is winnable but far from easy imho. I gor the feeling that I could probably win #1 too i I spent enough time on it. I'll get back to it later today. Got things to attend to in the garden before the frosts get much worse. Winter is heading our way.
    The game could be improved by adding another redeal perhaps.
    I suspect that Larry would do quite well with KoE though.
    pgs
    pgs
    King of Egypt_2.pgs
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Played the first five. Won all but #1. Doesn't look winnable as simultaneously resolving the problems of the two buried 6D's and both QH's doesn't look possible. If you accept one of either of them you scupper any chane of getting the other identical one out. Will plug away at it for a bit longer but it is almost certainly a loser.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    The first one I played was 1799982079. It was just the way I like it: challenging but not TOO challenging (I don't have your patience, Richard) but when I started playing 1-10, I realized that I had just got lucky with my initial #.
  • edited October 7 Member, Beta Tester
    Richard, you sound like a character from Game of Thrones: "Winter is coming" is their constant refrain. Have you seen the show? You would love it! Btw, I did win #2 without your partial. Maybe this is a fun, challenging game after all.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I've not seen Game of Thrones Ken although I keep hearing compimentary references to it all the time on the box. I'll get round to it at some point. I've beeen watching "Vanity Fair", a costume drama that has included Waterloo. I'm also watching "Strangers", set mainly in Hong Kong and Macau.
    I quite like KoE but it's not a game you can play quickly because of the tableau layout with so many cards in the central columns. I didn't win 6 or 7 and will attempt 8 to 10 today. Worrying back is essential.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    #8 was bordering on easy. #10 was very difficult in my opinion. It always looked like it was winnable but working out the correct route took numerous attempts. The clubs are the most serious problem.
    #9 looked like a loser all of the way. No matter how many different combinations I tried I always fell foul of the diamonds. I thought it was unwinnable but I was wrong.
    Solutions for all of them available.
    I prefer this game to Variegated Canfield as you can locate every card in the stock and plan ahead accordingly..
  • Member, Beta Tester
    #11 and #12 are both difficult winners.
  • edited October 8 Member, Beta Tester
    Back to square one so to speak. The attached partial for #1 is annoyingly close. If a 10S could be introduced earlier in the deal I think it should be winnable. Larry, I think this should be right up your street.
    pgs
    pgs
    King of Egypt_1_best.pgs
    No luck with #1, but was able to get all the
    others.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Even 6 & 7?
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I was almost about to ask for a partial for #9 but it finally capitulated after an hour.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I've given up on #1 . Doubtful if I'll ever return to it.
    I could not win 6 or 7.
    8 - 14 are winnable. 15 and 16 failed to oblige. That's as far as I've played.
    I'm going to replay 6 and 7 today. I was sure they were definite losers. Looks like I missed something.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I found 10 easy but I am stymied by 11.
  • edited October 10 Member, Beta Tester
    Agreed about #10.
    #11 is a different kettle of fish entirely. From my partial, take KH,QH,JH,10H and 9H down into space. Move diamonds to clear column one. (It will remain empty until you accept a KC from the stock). Meantime you can accept obvious cards from the stock but NOT the 2nd 8H. Wait until a 4H appears and worry back to accept it. Worry back clubs to clear tableau ones.
    Just back from a garden centre. Away buying some more work. As if I hadn't enough to do. Bought a large Magnolia and several other smaller plants. If the prediction about the end of the world in 12 years time comes true I want our garden to look nice. :)
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Did you forget to post the partial?
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Sorry Ken. Too much going on in my mind.
    pgs
    pgs
    King of Egypt_11_P.pgs
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Thanks, Richard! That did the trick...
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Richard, I thought 11 was hard but how the hell did you win 12? I got it all the way up to 93 but the JH's are buried in the stock and I see no way of getting them out.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Obviously because my heart is in the right place Ken. :)
    pgs
    pgs
    King of Egypt_12_A.pgs
    pgs
    pgs
    King of Egypt_12_B.pgs
    Sorry, not clear enough on winning all the others- just the ones you had won, not #6 or #7.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Thanks Larry. I replayed #6 a few times today. Convinced it's a loser. #7 may be winnable. I was in the zone with it earlier today before I had to go out. I completely lost my thread by the time I got back. I had looked promising. I'll try again tomorrow.
    #16 winnable, #17 score of 79 waste 9.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I've had big scores with #17 too Larry. Convinced it's winnable. I found the diamonds were the biggest obstacle and got a king in early. Or course that has a knock-on effect. I'd appreciate your best partial in case I'm being too blinkered in this single apprach.
  • edited October 11 Member, Beta Tester
    I've not had much time to spend on #17 today but I'm beginning to think trhat the diamonds pose an insurmountable problem, The two Jacks are consecutive early in the deal and even with a very small waste pile you still have two small diamonds beneath one of them. The deal order of the two Queens and Kings add to the problem. I look forward to seeing your partial Larry to see if there is a flaw in my analysis.
    Partials for #17, still think it's a possibility.
    pgs
    pgs
    King of Egypt_017p.pgs
    pgs
    pgs
    King of Egypt_017q.pgs
    Persistence pays off, #17 is now history.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I was going to attempt to put the second 7D into the tableau early in the game. That looks essential to winning it, and I expect that's what you did. I never seem to have enough time these days. I am spending five or six hours outside every day but no matter how much I do I never get ahead of the game. I noticed tufts of grass growing in our guttering yesterday. That is likely to be the tip of the iceberg. Looks like I'll have to get ladders out and clear them right round the house. The upside is that I'll have to postpone painting all of our fences. Storm Callum is going to keep me company for a couple of days. What joy. =))
    In a nutshell, don't expect much input from me. :(
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Callum wants to say "Hi".
    callum.JPG
    421 x 337 - 43K
  • Member, Beta Tester
    WOW!